Shockers vs. Bills

This game will not be played on the usual home court for W. State:

http://ksn.com/2014/07/31/wsu-mens-basketball-team-hosting-st-louis-at-intrust-bank-arena/

Does this still qualify as an away game and not a neutral site?

Definitely still a home game for them. I don't mind having to play them in a strange venue though. Gives us a slight edge as I doubt WSU gets to practice there all the time.

Definitely still a home game for them. I don't mind having to play them in a strange venue though. Gives us a slight edge as I doubt WSU gets to practice there all the time.

So instead of losing by 25, we'll only lose by 20! Needless to say, I don't have high expectations for this one.

I guess SLU does not have to show up then. We are taking them down for last years loss.

I'm still shocked we lost that game but it showed me just how good that Wichita State team was. I think that was one of our better performances of the season and they still managed to come back late and beat us on our home court. VanVleet + Ron Baker is a serious backcourt duo

I'm still shocked we lost that game but it showed me just how good that Wichita State team was. I think that was one of our better performances of the season and they still managed to come back late and beat us on our home court. VanVleet + Ron Baker is a serious backcourt duo.

Agreed. I thought Jordair had a really bad game on defense (one of the very few he had).

We should have won that game, easily in fact. We had a ton of missed opportunities and blown chances. SLU led in points off TOs 25-8. We got out rebounded on our end in the 2nd half. Even then we had 2 chances to go ahead in the final minute and we failed to hit free throws. Most disappointing loss of the season.

We should have won that game, easily in fact. We had a ton of missed opportunities and blown chances. SLU led in points off TOs 25-8. We got out rebounded on our end in the 2nd half. Even then we had 2 chances to go ahead in the final minute and we failed to hit free throws. Most disappointing loss of the season.

Remember the turnover in the open court up 8 with only a few minutes left?

Remember the turnover in the open court up 8 with only a few minutes left?

We only got up by 7 in the 2nd half with about 7 minutes left. Following that we went on a 3 minute scoring drought and sent the Shockers to the FT line 6 times. In the final 8 minutes of the game we only made 3 FGs.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't worry, people will find somebody to fill that role.

Barnett took over last year full time with the graduation of Remuken. Before that it was Cassity. Will be hard to pick this year. Manning? Crawford? Glaze?

Ideally the team goat is either 1. the weakest starter or 2. a bench player who plays very few minutes but has high game impact, for better or worse.

Our starting lineup for arguments sake is

McBroom

Ash

Lancona/Crawford

Glaze

Manning

I could see McBroom getting dogged but he's too good to be the worst starter. He may get the Rob Loe treatment. Manning won't get it because if he is on the floor he is our 3rd best player at the very least, otherwise he is in foul trouble and will be sitting. No court time to screw up. Ash will be the best player. Leaves Glaze and one of the sophomores. Glaze won't be the worst starter, if he is he won't start, Agbeko will. Lancona/Crawford duo have a lot of pressure on them to fill a scoring role on the team. If one or both fall into a Cody Ellis like sophomore slump and don't buy in defensively, add in to the fact that they are white (although it will be easier to peg Crawford into the scrappy white guy category than Lancona who has tats and weird hair, although Crawford may show up with a mohawk and full on sleeve tattoos who knows) I think it makes them the most likely candidates.

It almost can't be a bench player because our bench consists of Freshman, who won't get goated because they are freshman and Agbeko who is roundly beloved by all posters because of his ability to be 6'7 260 and still cross over cats. Tough call, I'm anxious to see who I'm complaining about the most by season end.

Ideally the team goat is either 1. the weakest starter or 2. a bench player who plays very few minutes but has high game impact, for better or worse.

Our starting lineup for arguments sake is

McBroom

Ash

Lancona/Crawford

Glaze

Manning

I could see McBroom getting dogged but he's too good to be the worst starter. He may get the Rob Loe treatment. Manning won't get it because if he is on the floor he is our 3rd best player at the very least, otherwise he is in foul trouble and will be sitting. No court time to screw up. Ash will be the best player. Leaves Glaze and one of the sophomores. Glaze won't be the worst starter, if he is he won't start, Agbeko will. Lancona/Crawford duo have a lot of pressure on them to fill a scoring role on the team. If one or both fall into a Cody Ellis like sophomore slump and don't buy in defensively, add in to the fact that they are white (although it will be easier to peg Crawford into the scrappy white guy category than Lancona who has tats and weird hair, although Crawford may show up with a mohawk and full on sleeve tattoos who knows) I think it makes them the most likely candidates.

It almost can't be a bench player because our bench consists of Freshman, who won't get goated because they are freshman and Agbeko who is roundly beloved by all posters because of his ability to be 6'7 260 and still cross over cats. Tough call, I'm anxious to see who I'm complaining about the most by season end.

Great post.Of course if the team sucks top to bottom the coaches will get dogged the most (and rightfully so).

My money is on Glaze or Manning as they already have been dogged for 3 years by some members of this board so its hard to see that changing overnight.

Great post.Of course if the team sucks top to bottom the coaches will get dogged the most (and rightfully so).

My money is on Glaze or Manning as they already have been dogged for 3 years by some members of this board so its hard to see that changing overnight.

I don't see Glaze or Manning getting the Barnett treatment as I don't think either generated the anticipation that they would fill a major hole in our game, like three point shooting has been. I also don't think Billiken Nation will cringe every time they take a shot and feel gut shot when they miss.

Whoever said it will be the coaches is correct.

Other than from the obvious trolls, I don't see anyone getting hammered this year. Considering what we lost it would take a complete meltdown to get me pissed off. I do think the next year or two will say a lot about what kind of coach Crews has become......

Other than from the obvious trolls, I don't see anyone getting hammered this year. Considering what we lost it would take a complete meltdown to get me pissed off. I do think the next year or two will say a lot about what kind of coach Crews has become......

Oh, there will be many of us getting hammered...

You meant the basketball team, didn't you?