OT: NIT vs. March Madness

Bills By 40

Would you rather win the NIT, or be knocked out in the first round of the NCAA tournament as a high seed?

That was the initial question of the thread.

So advancing in march madness doesnt count as extra practice?
Ahh I get it. In onder to reach the final four, you must have played in the nit the season before.

And I have a problem with reading comprehension.

And again no one is saying that the NIT doesn't help.

Uh, some people are.

You stated earlier that in some cases it is better to play deep into the NIT than lose in the first round of NCAA tournament.

That is never the case.

NCAA first round over NIT title every time.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the initial question of the thread.

And I have a problem with reading comprehension.

Uh, some people are.

What you quoted from me does not state the NIT doesn't help. It is a statement that the NCAA tournament is always better.

Also, you still get to practice after getting eliminated in the first round of the tournament. Plus you get to do those practices only with the kids that will becoming back next year.

I said I will be at the game in Sect 219. I will be in 222 next week for the Dayton game. I will not, however, subject my Billiken friends to you. I would like to be invited again next season. There is a reason they invite me to the games. I provide prospective when they get a little cocky or need a history lesson about similar teams from past seasons.

I'm going GA for the SIUE game tonight, so I don't know where I will sit.

I said I will be at the game in Sect 219. I will be in 222 next week for the Dayton game. I will not, however, subject my Billiken friends to you. I would like to be invited again next season. There is a reason they invite me to the games. I provide prospective when they get a little cocky or need a history lesson about similar teams from past seasons.

I'm going GA for the SIUE game tonight, so I don't know where I will sit.

So you don't have a row and seat number? Hmm... this is starting to look familiar.

So you don't have a row and seat number? Hmm... this is starting to look familiar.

In ACE we trust. ACE had dominated old posters trying to disguise themselves with a new screen name. You in the FBI ACE?

And again no one is saying that the NIT doesn't help. Everyone is saying the ncaa is better. Maybe stop going to so many basketball games and start practicing reading comprehension

Really? You guys would eat your young. The guy comes in here with some decent BB knowledge and gets hammered.

On Sunday, the NCAA unveiled the brackets for this year’s 68-team men’s basketball tournament. An estimated 45 percent of Americans fill out the brackets with their predictions of the results each year, and Barack Obama has referred to the practice as “a national pastime.” When were tournament brackets invented?

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/explainer/2012/03/history_of_bracketology_when_did_people_start_filling_out_ncaa_tournament_brackets_.html

313,000,000 * 45% = 140,850,000

So sure I guess technically you're right. It's only a little over one hundred million. My point stands. So ###### off.

Really? Another F word. Fine post SLU13. Don't know what it means, but the attack is again bogus.

No SLU13 got out of hand.

Well you're asking for it with posts like this... Just saying.

And you can't expect to be treated fairly here. That's like "Oh, what's that US soldier? You think you can come here to North Korea and just be friends with us? Sure!!!! Come on, buddy!"

Or, in Korean: "아, 미국 군인은 무엇인가? 당신은 당신이 북한에 여기 와서 우리와 함께 친구가 될 수 있다고 생각? 물론!! 얼른와!"

Well you're asking for it with posts like this... Just saying.

And you can't expect to be treated fairly here. That's like "Oh, what's that US soldier? You think you can come here to North Korea and just be friends with us? Sure!!!! Come on, buddy!"

Or, in Korean: "아, 미국 군인은 무엇인가? 당신은 당신이 북한에 여기 와서 우리와 함께 친구가 될 수 있다고 생각? 물론!! 얼른와!"

No, I'll just put him on ignore like the rest that have called me names in North Korea (you said it, not me). And, while I'd like to be a respected poster (albeit a rival), your guys are making sure that it can't happen. Nature of the board.

We give SLU posters full welcomes at our board if they have something interesting and respectful to say.

slufan13 rudely dominates sir boxington with facts and someone ends up with their feelings hurt. Typical day on billikens.com

I got no problem with Slufan13 dominating sir brox. What I have a problem with is his incessant name calling.