SIUC's Randall Falker's father finds baby in thrash can

Sick story. Luckily Wesley Falker happened to be dumping his yard waste.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stor...C9?OpenDocument

That stuff is just unreal. What makes it even more amazing is in some cities (I don't know for sure if STL is one of them) you can drop a baby off at a firehouse and they have a don't ask don't tell policy. someone would rather kill their won baby then be bothered with taking it to a nearby fire-station...

That stuff is just unreal. What makes it even more amazing is in some cities (I don't know for sure if STL is one of them) you can drop a baby off at a firehouse and they have a don't ask don't tell policy. someone would rather kill their won baby then be bothered with taking it to a nearby fire-station...

I heard that there is a Safe House drop one block away.

Wild, I used to live in that neighborhood. There have been two strange incidents in that block in the last few months - a young attorney was murdered there a couple of months ago and now this. It's otherwise a great place to live.

I hope they can quickly find a home for the baby. So sad.

I believe it's China that has drop-boxes, like you literally just open up a glass case and lay the baby in there w/ the other babies, and they come out and pick up the babies every once in awhile. Blows my mind... I guess it's better than the shot of concentrated bleach to the soft spot of the baby's head that they used to (maybe still do?) carry out.

Wild, I used to live in that neighborhood. There have been two strange incidents in that block in the last few months - a young attorney was murdered there a couple of months ago and now this. It's otherwise a great place to live.

Well, other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?

Well, other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?

Two incidents don't make it a bad place. It's still relatively safe, it has beautiful historic architecture, a great location and strong neighborhood association.

Two incidents don't make it a bad place. It's still relatively safe, it has beautiful historic architecture, a great location and strong neighborhood association.

I lived on Clara, right behind the new Talanya's location. I loved the neighborhood.

Me too! I was at 533 Clara my senior year of college.

My brother lives right there on Pershing near Belt. I can't believe this would happen around there, or anywhere for that matter. That's an awesome neighborhood.

• 2 weeks later...