Will a St. Louis native ever play for the Bills again?

A few other questions:

-CBC and Cahokia should be pretty great for the next couple years, eh? (Roy, the East Side as a whole appears to be loaded in the 2014 class.)

-Any chance Malcolm Hill decommits from Illinois, given the coaching change, or was his commitment reinforced after that?

-Are there any big-time prospects in the 2015 class? I couldn't find any names that stand out. I'm wondering if this is normal, and that I'm not seeing any because they were just freshmen last season and the apparent 'hole' in the list is caused by the fact that there are 3 incoming freshmen already getting national attention.

-Of the players on my college list, which ones, if any, had SLU as a finalist? It appears that pretty much all of them either weren't interested or weren't recruited harder by SLU for academic reasons.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who was raised in the Bevo between Morganford, Chippewa and Gravois and remembers well the old Granada Theater on Gravois and the day a security guard or police officer was shot there and my mother wouldn't let me go to that theater anymore I too think it is important to have a hometown hero on the Billikens. By the way my dad got a job at Valpo in the 70's and we moved. It doesn't mean the team can't win without one but how special was that moment when David Freese homered for the Cardinals in game 6 of the World Series. How much more special was the moment because Freese was from Wildwood?

• 4 months later...

Per Ben's Tweet

@BWeixScout: According to @NateLatsch, 2013 #Butler signee Nolan Berry broke BOTH of his arms. Wow. Can't help but feel for the kid.

11/26/12, 9:31 PM

Ouch.

Also, Pistol, mind updating that list you created in this thread?

2012-2013 will mark the 2nd straight year no one from St. Louis is on the team.I understand we can't get Bradley Beal or Cameron Biedschied.We can't even get the grandson of Ed Macauley,the greatest Billiken ever.There must be somebody that RM deems worthy of giving a chance.Anthony Bonner,Erwin Claggett,Roland Gray,Monroe Douglass,Scott Highmark,Harry Rogers,Larry Hughes and even Kevin Lisch and Tommie Liddell are our history.It's more enjoyable when you have something in common with the members of the team.

Nope. I am the final authority on this matter and I have decided that a St. Louis native will never play for the Billiken's again. In fact I've set the following restrictions in place.

No player shall ever play for or be recruited by the Saint Louis University Billiken's (I spelled it out to make it official) if they

1. Have ever lived in the St. Louis metro area which shall from this point on to be understood to be defined as any point within a 60 mile radius of the Church's Chicken on Kingshighway and Delmar and will herein be referred to as The Lou

2. Have family that have ever lived in The Lou

3. Have ever attended church or any religious gathering with any person born in The Lou

4. Have ever flown on a commercial aircraft over any portion of The Lou. Non commercial planes are acceptable as long as the pilot was not born in The Lou

5. Have ever had their hair washed, cut, or styled by anyone who was born in The Lou

6. Have ever sung any lyric from a Nelly song in which The Lou was mentioned in the song.

7. Have ever eaten toasted ravioli or St. Louis style pizza (St. Loius style pizza will be defined as any pizza containing provel cheese) and enjoyed it. (the player shall be deedmed as having enjoyed it if they ate it a 2nd time)

8. Have ever owned or worn a St. Louis Cardinals hat with or without the tag still attached

9. Have ever occupied the same aisle of a Schnucks or Dierbergs grocery store with a person from The Lou

10. Have ever done a google search for the word Billiken

Any player regardless of the above restrictions may still be recruited by the Saint Louis University Billiken's if they have proof that they have ever pissed in the breakfast cereal of Danny Fortner or Bobby Huggins. I, Slufanskip shall be the final authority on what form of proof is deemed acceptable. This is the sole exception to the above restrictions. However, Slufanskip will always retain the right to add additional exceptions to the restrictions as he deems appropriate. Furthermore Slufanskip retains the right to add or subtract restrictions as he see's fit.

school can offer as many as they want, but of course when they are gone they are gone and they would have to rescind the other offers. no big deal, i think most coaches do that. and they tell the recruits that they are offering others in an effort to try to get commits.