I was not sold on Crews

GOSLU68

Mostly I did not see him or his team win games that were not givens and especially in league he seemed out coached at then end of many games.

He just may be an odd duck. Who knows?

I hated the fact that he was good with Evansville years ago when we struggled on the floor in spite of having a bigger school and larger teams.

I think the North Florida game he was most prepared. Instead of looking at his notes to remind him what he wanted to do he actually was writing stuff done to say later.

He appears to have a barking attitude toward some players like ML where they won't come court side and others seem to be working on their own games with assistant coach CC

The North Florida game gives me hope for Crews and this team as I think it was his or their best win in his history.

Can you think of a better game?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of people are overrating the North Florida team. They are a solid team, but a game that SLU should win 95% of the time.

Yes they whooped Illinois. But Illinois is really bad.

North Florida will finish somewhere between 130-180 depending on how terrible the ASun is this year.

Like someone said in another post - get ready for the whiplash of JC is great and now terrible if we get blown out by Louisville. Take the big picture view - look a the body of work at the end of the season to make a decision. Also, remember, recruiting is key - that is still an open question for him.

Like someone said in another post - get ready for the whiplash of JC is great and now terrible if we get blown out by Louisville. Take the big picture view - look a the body of work at the end of the season to make a decision. Also, remember, recruiting is key - that is still an open question for him.

If recruiting is an open question for you now, it will still be an open question for you at the end of the season. The kids who will be starting next season are already on the roster.

I think a lot of people are overrating the North Florida team. They are a solid team, but a game that SLU should win 95% of the time.

Yes they whooped Illinois. But Illinois is really bad.

North Florida will finish somewhere between 130-180 depending on how terrible the ASun is this year.

You may be correct, but what was nice to see I how we played as a team.

First defensively we played well, limited their 3 point attempts and contested most of the one they took.

Secondly, for a team to do that they have to buy in to what the coaches are saying. I get the sense they are, and as evidence, when a player missed the help rotation, they heard it from their teammate. Once MR let Neufeld have it and I think the other time MY let someone know they missed their assignment. Reminded me of Conklin of Evans getting on their teammates.

Posters have talked about improvement, and I know it is early in the season, and conference games are key, but MR, RA, AY have all improved dramatically.

I wonder will we see regression as we get to conference? What I do think is last year we would have lost to a team like NF....lets keep it going....

What has surprised me the most is that we've been the best team the last 5-10 minutes, which is when most games are won or lost. For those who have said JC can't develop players ... MR ( with the caveat it's early) could have made the biggest 1 year improvement I've seen from a Bill. I'm sure I'm in the minority but I feel BJ will end up being at least a respectable back up 5 and I'm not counting him out from being better than that. AG looks much more comfortable on the court. He seems stronger with the ball and more patient. He came with good vision but he's now more able to put his court vision to use. Mike Crawford has gone from being someone most of us thought would be a role player to a potential 12-15 ppg scorer.

Only 4 games, but I can't imagine most people aren't pleased with what we've seen so far

What has surprised me the most is that we've been the best team the last 5-10 minutes, which is when most games are won or lost. For those who have said JC can't develop players ... MR ( with the caveat it's early) could have made the biggest 1 year improvement I've seen from a Bill. I'm sure I'm in the minority but I feel BJ will end up being at least a respectable back up 5 and I'm not counting him out from being better than that. AG looks much more comfortable on the court. He seems stronger with the ball and more patient. He came with good vision but he's now more able to put his court vision to use. Mike Crawford has gone from being someone most of us thought would be a role player to a potential 12-15 ppg scorer.

Only 4 games, but I can't imagine most people aren't pleased with what we've seen so far

Pleased but still skeptical about this group.

Oh yes, but I would be so happy about it that I would not care in the least. If the opposite happened I would also be surprised but I would be so depressed that I would probably not post anything at all for a while. Anyway I guess I am ready for whatever.

Nothing at all should surprise you.

If recruiting is an open question for you now, it will still be an open question for you at the end of the season. The kids who will be starting next season are already on the roster.

I agree but I was thinking that he could still be getting commitments for the 2017 year this summer - perhaps wishful thinking. As much as I was not for hiring him he is here so I do hope for the best.

Exactly, "as much as I was not for hiring him I hope for the best"

Last season did that to us: I like scoring more points.

I know 70 vs 58 that makes recruiting easier: however, if this is motion offense I just don't see the Majerus style bump and run or is that football?

I think MR has the best speed on the floor since Marquis Jeffers Sp? MJ had the best senior year of any Billiken in the sense that prior to that it seemed no one gave him permission to be great

Exactly, "as much as I was not for hiring him I hope for the best"

Last season did that to us: I like scoring more points.

I know 70 vs 58 that makes recruiting easier: however, if this is motion offense I just don't see the Majerus style bump and run or is that football?

I think MR has the best speed on the floor since Marquis Jeffers Sp? MJ had the best senior year of any Billiken in the sense that prior to that it seemed no one gave him permission to be great

Maurice "Mo" Jeffers and Marquis Perry. Perry was quicker than Jeffers.....

Had two names garbled knew something was wrong. Getting on here directly from Saturday afternoon, rainy day nap is only partially effective. My point referred to Marquis Perry. Although both would be welcome additions to any Billikem team.

Junior year- a good player but explosive and team leader his senior year.

It would be great if the guards on this team gave us that old confidence we had over the years where we felt on our offensive turn we could score every time- it was just a matter of shooting percentages. Right now we seem to still be a little tentative.