Lville over the Bills by 17

The Wiz

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dwayne's_World it goes like this, realistically we will lose, the question is by how much. However you cannot say there is NO WAY we will win either.

Absolutely, there's a "chance" that we pull off a win, but that chance is microscopic. If we can keep it close then I will be satisfied. I just want to see more of what I saw last night and the team collectively continuing to build off of that.

Absolutely, there's a "chance" that we pull off a win, but that chance is microscopic. If we can keep it close then I will be satisfied. I just want to see more of what I saw last night and the team collectively continuing to build off of that.

How is one satisfied by a loss? How can you continue to support mediocrity

Hmm....

All this talk about no chance to win, microscopic , impossible....

First of all ...the numbers are a little off because it is still a small sample size. If you look at the "upset " thread most of the the upsets came in the beginning of the season . While there will continue to be upsets as the season progresses there will be fewer and fewer as the numbers become more plentiful. This isn't just related to my system but anyone who predicts scores...KenPom, Sagarin, Vegas, etc. They are all using small sizes at this point.....More chance for errors ... more chance for an upset

Second... 17 pt spread isn't good but it is not like being hit by lightning ( 1 in 700,000) The normal probablability of a 17 pt spread would be about 3% or about the same as rolling snake eyes with a pair of dice. Given where we are at this point of the season that might rise up to 6 or 8 %...like rolling a 3 or 4. While it is not easy to roll a 4 on 1 roll ...if you were able to accomplish that, it certainly wouldn't be an OMG moment.

Bottomline....there is a chance.

How is one satisfied by a loss? How can you continue to support mediocrity

I don't support mediocrity, I'm actually still in the camp that believes Crews should be gone after this season because I don't think he is someone who can build up our program to where it needs to be (e.g. Gonzaga, Xavier, etc.)

That being said, I'm just being realistic about the team this year. But I definitely won't accept a mediocre program in the long term. If Gonzaga and Xavier can find effective long term coaches, why can't slu?

I don't support mediocrity, I'm actually still in the camp that believes Crews should be gone after this season because I don't think he is someone who can build up our program to where it needs to be (e.g. Gonzaga, Xavier, etc.)

That being said, I'm just being realistic about the team this year. But I definitely won't accept a mediocre program in the long term. If Gonzaga and Xavier can find effective long term coaches, why can't slu?

Hmm maybe I should have used a blue font

Almost every player has flashed their potential at some point. It's time for that all to culminate into a shocking Bills win. Forget the odds, let the kool-aid flow. We deserve this as fans for what we endured last season.

Almost every player has flashed their potential at some point. It's time for that all to culminate into a shocking Bills win. Forget the odds, let the kool-aid flow. We deserve this as fans for what we endured last season.

Or we could let them develop gradually over the full season and then let it all culminate over three days from March 10-13: shock the nation and get the A-10's automatic bid. I would trade a loss to Louisville for a 2016 A-10 Tournament Championship.

Call me a dreamer or say the boyz have no chance in hell to pull it off but I still say Bills by 8. Could we lose? Sure. Can we win? Why not! 5 guys on the court at a time means we match their 5 and see how deep our benches are. Bills all the way.

I thought we played a good game.....We did what we were supposed to do ...not just the spread but pretty much the other stats too. Our slash line looked great...48.8% /50 / 64.1...and while it is sad our FT shooting is only slightly better than our 3pt shooting it didn't make much difference as we didn't take many FT shots. ...1 more made FTs and we would have been at 70%. What is even more impressive. is the following slash comparison.............

SLU FG% ...48.8%....Lville ave def FG%....29.2

........3pt%.....50%......"......."......"...3pt%....28.4

We did this against a great defensive team...

Also, we had only 14 TOs agasinst a tough pressing team.

Of course the bad stat was reb...36-14...that pretty much cost us the game ..but that happens when you play a tall athletic team....over matched here. The other bad stat was the Cards FT shooting... 80% from one of the worst FT shooting teams in the nation...that was worth an extra 8 pts.

As far as being close on the spread ...the important take away is that ... the Bills are doing what they are supposed to do ...which confirms that they are a decent team...a B- team. We need 2 more games to lock in that grade and barring a collapse in the next 2 game ( ie losing by a lot more than the spread) we should have a good season. But more on that next Sunday.

Bottomline....Lville does what it usually does....Plays you close in the first half and then starts to break it open at the 10-15 min mark of the 2nd half. We played one of the best teams in the nation even for 25 min.. We played the best team we will face all year competitive for nearly the entire game. And Lville had to have a good game to beat us shooting 53.1%.

We are a good team that can get even better....and that can play with anyone.

We did fine but not well enough to win. Interesting game in terms of who played and how they contributed:

Yarborough: played 24 min, 14 pt, 3 reb

Yacoubou: played 23 min, 0 pt. 4 reb

Roby: played 23 min, 0 pt. 1 reb

Reynolds: played 23 min, 8 pt. 0 reb 1 ast. 1stl

Bartley: played 10 min, 6 pt. 1 reb 1 ast

Bishop: played 10 min, 5 pt. 0 reb 1 stl

Crawford: played 31 min, 20 pt. 2 reb 3 ast 1 stl

Agbeko: played 14 min, 0 pt. 2 reb

Neufeld: played 30 min, 4 pt. 1 ast 1 stl

Gilmann played 10 min

Jolly played 2 min

Some comments, we played very good defense but missed out on rebounds. Crawford and Yarborough had a great game. Reynolds and Neufeld were solid and effective. Bartley and Bishop did fine. Roby played a lot of minutes and did not have any much in terms of stats but his presence in the game helped check Louisville. Agbeko contributed some rebounds and defense, did not play much. Gilmann was shut out played little. Jolly played very little and was shut out.

I was happy to see Bishop playing effectively in this game. He is going to be very good I think. I also wish they had kept Agbeko in longer.

In all a very good effort. As per Teamrankings we went from #113 to #116, not bad considering we lost by 20 pts. Regardless of the polls, Louisville is a top team very strong, possibly the best we will have to play this season. We did well against them.