Brett Jolly needs more minutes!!!

Creekeraz

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Manning scored a crucial bucket against NC State in the NCAA tourney. Let me know when either BJ or AG does that.

For all the grief that BJ gets, AG might even be worse.

-to me AG is fine, it is not his fault that he is not the banging 4 or 5 we need, he is what he is

Then I guess that gets hung on JC because we need the banging 4 or 5

I heard he skipped his trip to the Banging 4 or 5 Tree because he was busy cutting off Reggie Agbeko's family members' fingers for Reggie shooting too much.

I'm not a big Crews guy, but some of the criticism of him this year is over the top.

-to me AG is fine, it is not his fault that he is not the banging 4 or 5 we need, he is what he is

I wasn't excited at all about the signings of AG and BJ. No way we should have signed both in the same class. I know bigs take longer to develop, but coming off our run of success, we should have been able to land at least one big who was ready to contribute a bit right away - a Conklin, Reed or Loe level of big I don't think is asking too much.

AG actually exceeded my very low expectations for him last year, but ideally he should have red-shirted. Since our other bigs were so bad, he had to play. I think he still has some hope. He obviously STILL needs to get much stronger. BJ on the other hand has turned out to be even worse than I feared. I don't see any upside to his game.

Manning was much better than Jolly. The dude shot the ball over the backboard from 5ft away last game. Even the announcers had a few jokes.

In a strange way, that's kind of what I meant by Manning 2.0. Like a new evolution of stiffness. Maybe I should have said Manning 0.5?

I saw that play live too, the best part was during live action, the play by play guy thought it was deflected, then the color guy cuts in and says something to the effect of "I don't think it did!". So funny that he was that baffled, as was I, because the trajectory required to put the ball on top of the backboard from that angle was absurd and could have only happened if the ball was deflected...or if it left the hands of Jolly. Not even sure Manning could have pulled that off.

Never has a kid who tries so hard been clowned so hard on this board. I feel sorry for the kid.

Agree.

It is pathetic that several gutless posters continuously berate the kid. They have no class at all, trashing a fellow Billiken who is out there fighting for the team as best he can.

And, remember, Jolly might contribute significantly some day...

Agree.

It is pathetic that several gutless posters continuously berate the kid. They have no class at all, trashing a fellow Billiken who is out there fighting for the team as best he can.

And, remember, Jolly might contribute significantly some day...

MB, with your typical liberal attitude, I'd say Jolly needs a trophy.

trophy-300x271-300x271.jpg

Never has a kid who tries so hard been clowned so hard on this board. I feel sorry for the kid.

Do you have any proof of this, or even a bit of evidence to support it?

I'm not sure which is worse, though - if he really tries hard and is still this bad, or if what we see on the floor is the result of nonchalance.

Agree.

Lighten up.

3star as someone who attends a practice or two who leads the team in running laps when you attend?

The times I have gone it is Jolly hands down, he runs maybe twice as much as anyone else. And for good reason.

Talking about Manning, it should be remembered that he played reasonably well the first few games he played for SLU until he had a significant concussion and had to be taken off play for a lengthy amount of time (this is what I recall about Manning's early career with us). After this incident he was never the same. The Manning we all saw play after his concussion is what we all saw as a playing throughout the bulk of his career at SLU. I am not saying he ever developed into a good player, he was mediocre at best, I am saying he was injured and most likely never fully recovered to the point of improving to his full potential before the injury.

Reggie also had a concussion which rendered him unconscious and left him laying down on the court in his freshman year with SLU. He appears to be doing OK now, but again, he is a post injury type of case and what we are seeing is probably not and may never be his full potential before the injury.

Talking about Manning, it should be remembered that he played reasonably well the first few games he played for SLU until he had a significant concussion and had to be taken off play for a lengthy amount of time (this is what I recall about Manning's early career with us). After this incident he was never the same. The Manning we all saw play after his concussion is what we all saw as a playing throughout the bulk of his career at SLU. I am not saying he ever developed into a good player, he was mediocre at best, I am saying he was injured and most likely never fully recovered to the point of improving to his full potential before the injury.

Reggie also had a concussion which rendered him unconscious and left him laying down on the court in his freshman year with SLU. He appears to be doing OK now, but again, he is a post injury type of case and what we are seeing is probably not and may never be his full potential before the injury.

Not trying to minimize the impact of a concussion but most guys make a full recovery. Manning, though, had numerous other nagging injuries to his legs and back over his career limiting his ability to run, jump, etc. and I tend to believe these had a much greater impact upon his career here at SLU than his concussion injury.Same with Reggie who appears to have played his best basketball against Northern Florida.

Talking about Manning, it should be remembered that he played reasonably well the first few games he played for SLU until he had a significant concussion and had to be taken off play for a lengthy amount of time (this is what I recall about Manning's early career with us).

This reminds me: Manning's freshman year there was a Manning superfan with season tickets up in the nosebleeds near me. He always spent most of the game prattling on to anyone who would listen about how great Manning was going to be and periodically screaming "PUT MANNING IN!" I never saw him again after that season. I don't know if he just canceled his tickets after Manning got the concussion, or if he got distraught and dove off the Marchetti Towers.