Brett Jolly needs more minutes!!!

Creekeraz

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Brett from big "D" has the touch and shooting skills to score more points and is a beast when it comes to blocking shots not to mention taking charges like a cement parking pole!!!!! As the season progresses you will see what I'm talking about. He is the real deal.

I have been thinking this, but to come out and say it on this board is asking for it! He played well this last game, and yes he has looked bad in others, but He looked a little like Conklin did his freshman year.

Ok, will exit stage left now. :ph34r:

I have been thinking this, but to come out and say it on this board is asking for it! He played well this last game, and yes he has looked bad in others, but He looked a little like Conklin did his freshman year.

Ok, will exit stage left now. :ph34r:

Basketball is all about matchups. And while there are always exceptions, the lesser teams usually have decent guards but either bigs who are full sized and yet abit slower and/or less skilled or bigs who are undersized and quicker/more mobile.. All of this means that matchups with our bigs can be deceiving -- good and bad. Sometimes our bigs have a huge advantage over the competition here in the OOC schedule and other times our bigs can struggle, Again, kids need to play and make mistakes to get better and be ready for the A10 season, but at the same time, kids also need to be put in position to succeed and our team needs to win.

And as to Creekeraz, it is good to see that BJ has new college friends willing to stand up for him.

That was Brett Thompson's dad on the oil rig. Jolly's coming out of the mean streets of Southlake, I know I lived about 2 mi down the street in my less nice suburb and only had granite counter tops in the kitchen.

Anyway yeah get my home boy Jolly out there dude is a dragon waiting to be unleashed

I'm taking a risk here, but I will say this: there has been a lot of impatience on here, regarding the bigs in general. And some of the mean-spirited stuff about Brett is not very helpful. I'm not a family member but I agree, we should lay off and be civil; and also be hopeful.

Bigs just take longer. You can look up the stats on guys like Vouyoukas or even Rob Loe, but as sophomores they were not very good. Conklin did very little early, as well (meaning, freshman year).

I really think our bigs will all continue to improve, though not as quickly as some of the guys on here would wish for. BJ has good attributes and his ability to draw charges actually does remind me a little bit of our old buddy Brian C. He will be very good defensively especially if he learns to do it without fouling half the time. AG can shoot and both of these guys together are lifting and growing stronger and more confident. To be honest, I felt last year early on that BJ would surprise a lot of fans. I was surprised, though, by how slowly he developed last year. So really, in asking for a little kindness and patience: I have been a bad offender myself. BJ may never be the scorer that BC was, but other parts of his game are going to be even better the next 2 years, so yes, he will get minutes.