TOP 25 OUR BILLIKENS

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

X was up by 36 in the second half before they put it on cruise control. Chris mack was yelling at them because they let Georgia come back. This game was never even close. Believe me. X has the highest caliber team in the A10.

Screw X and their sad rip off of Western Kentucky's mascot. It is time they learn their new place in this conference.

Screw X and their sad rip off of Western Kentucky's mascot. It is time they learn their new place in this conference.

Time for a new leader in the a-10

their mascot is eerily similar to la salle's

we had a hilarious write up about the a-10 mascots by the chris ackels in slu's student paper

First off, I'm here to discuss billiken basketball. I could give two shits how mizzou does this season,

I have zero respect for mizzou fans, and 49% respect for someone who is a mizzou and a bills fan.And thats that,

please save your tiger talk for the birds..

Secondly, we have one game left in anaheim for the 76' championship not 2, this game on Sunday it IMPORTANT, someone mentioned if Oklahoma wins (they play tonight at 11 am central time) and we beat them we will have wins against a pac-10 team, a big east team and a big -10 team, this is the best case scenerio

-come march analysts will look at Villanova and Washington as key wins enabling us to dance

Thirdly concerning who lost

, I was hoping #25 Texas Tech lost but they squeezed past st.johns by 1 pt. Tom they play Texas A&M. NO joke Texas A&M plays Texas A&M.

The cincinnati bearcats who received 30 votes and were just out of the top 25 lost!

#23 Arizona Lost

#20 California lost to some hood rat team

#22 vanderbilt may lose to #12 Xavier on Monday

(concerning Xavier I watched them play a young Georgia team today, much different then the team that beat us last year, and Xavier did not look good, there big man kenny frease has horrible foot work and will lose in a battle against bonecrusher, their gaurds TU and Lyons looked sluggish, I beleive we have a good chance to beat this xavier team)

#16 marquette beat norfolk state by 2 points ugh

#14 Kansas lost to #6 Duke but they will likely not drop out of the top 25

OKAY SO hopefully I didn't lay the mother of all jinxes on us,

so instead of predicting our rank lets just predict our number of votes in both the AP and ESPN polls

Last week we had 6 AP votes and 12 ESPN votes

Assuming we win Sunday I estimate - 30 AP votes and 45 ESPN votes

What Are your predictions? and thoughts on beating Xavier?

OK is in the Big 12 not the Big 10

since you were at the game you also know that x did look good but more obvious was that georgia looked absolutely awful, i mean airballs left and right, they shot 18% the first half, and that kenny frease of yours is more of a caveman and less of a basketball player, conk should have a field day with him,

My concern with Frease is that when he gets frustrated he just starts throwing that fat body of his around like a bull in a china store hurting anybody close by - see last year with Ellis - he just simply fell on him with no hope of every doing anything but hurting someone.

Calm down there, big shot. We still have a long way before we're the king of this conference. We also need to win at least 1 more game before we will crack the top 25.

Agree, FDL, we have to come back from La La Land with a goose egg after the number 7. Actually, I think all top 25 talk should be tabled until after the New Mexico game. Why should we really care at this point about being ranked? The season's still very young and top 25 in Nov has no bearing on top 25 come March. Let's just enjoy the team playing like it is as they keep racking up W's against some name schools.

Agree, FDL, we have to come back from La La Land with a goose egg after the number 7. Actually, I think all top 25 talk should be tabled until after the New Mexico game. Why should we really care at this point about being ranked? The season's still very young and top 25 in Nov has no bearing on top 25 come March. Let's just enjoy the team playing like it is as they keep racking up W's against some name schools.

I agree for the most part but I think that the ranking will get more fans at the games which we all want. That's the biggest reason I'm getting excited about it. I know we have a good team, but having that number next to our name will catch the attention of the avg STL college hoops fan and bring them down to campus.

I agree for the most part but I think that the ranking will get more fans at the games which we all want. That's the biggest reason I'm getting excited about it. I know we have a good team, but having that number next to our name will catch the attention of the avg STL college hoops fan and bring them down to campus.

I agree with this. The ranking is also important because if we get it and don't have any bad losses we should stay ranked.

I agree with this. The ranking is also important because if we get it and don't have any bad losses we should stay ranked.

Exactly. Going into New Mexico being ranked bodes well for us as that will probably not be considered a bad loss (assuming a loss). We then have a better chance of staying ranked or close to the top of Others Receiving Votes than if we go in unranked. With Top 25 ranking comes perception, and that is what this program really needs right now: a good perception among both writers and fans.

Exactly. Going into New Mexico being ranked bodes well for us as that will probably not be considered a bad loss (assuming a loss). We then have a better chance of staying ranked or close to the top of Others Receiving Votes than if we go in unranked. With Top 25 ranking comes perception, and that is what this program really needs right now: a good perception among both writers and fans.

Also want the ranking for the help it'll bring in the recruiting battles.

Easy, friends.

No one wants to be looking like a bunch of assclowns if we lose 2 in a row. I'm very excited, but we still have a lot of season to go. We're not ranked, we didn't unseat X at the top. Lots of work to be done, fortunately I think this team can do it.

My concern with Frease is that when he gets frustrated he just starts throwing that fat body of his around like a bull in a china store hurting anybody close by - see last year with Ellis - he just simply fell on him with no hope of every doing anything but hurting someone.

-cheese, looking at last yr's X game on tivo it wasn't frease that landed on CE but i share your take concern on what he could do

Let's pull the horses back a little bit. We still have two tough games ahead of us. Gotta take care of business then talk top 25. These two games will not be easy

Good point. I will add that the rankings come out on Mondays, so if we win tomorrow, there's a good chance we'll be ranked or close to it before the game on Tuesday.

Let's pull the horses back a little bit. We still have two tough games ahead of us. Gotta take care of business then talk top 25. These two games will not be easy

++

Dayton starts out like a bunch of sweater vest-wearing world beaters every year before falling back to Earth and returning to suckitude. The first five games have been awesome, but we have a lot of basketball ahead of us.

OU as a third game in four days will be tough. If we start out slow, can we pull the come back again to take control of the game.

And as someone mentioned, Loyola Marymount may be a game where we have tired legs. Four games in six days. Our depth at guard may save our back court, but Conklin will have logged some serious minutes in California.

++

Dayton starts out like a bunch of sweater vest-wearing world beaters every year before falling back to Earth and returning to suckitude. The first five games have been awesome, but we have a lot of basketball ahead of us.

University of Dayton leads the A-10 in Preseason Championship Banners.

Well if the players were saying this it's one thing...doesn't matter what we think. It's fun for the fans. When is the last time we have realistically been able to whisper the words twenty-five in the same breath as 'SLU'? Sure we may be setting ourselves up for a big let down, but it's too hard to not be excited about the possibilities.

Easy, friends.

No one wants to be looking like a bunch of assclowns if we lose 2 in a row. I'm very excited, but we still have a lot of season to go. We're not ranked, we didn't unseat X at the top. Lots of work to be done, fortunately I think this team can do it.

+1 :)

A few thoughts:

- If we beat Oklahoma, I'd be very surprised if we aren't ranked on Monday. There is enough national buzz about this team, the competition has been good and the margin of victories have been significant.

- The LMU game obviously looms large but Vermont is the only modestly scary home game in December (Portland is about to find out how mean Pelicans can be) and we are staring at the possibility of 12-0 and being ranked for at least 4 straight weeks.

- Being ranked IS important. If affects everything ranging from your highlights being on Sportscenter, to recruiting, to casual fan attendance during December. We haven't been ranked since the spring of 1994 so hell yes its important for this program.

All that being said, the goal is the NCAA tourney and while I'd love to beat Oklahoma and see that ranking on Monday, I'd rather beat them and have yet another BCS notch on our belt come selection Sunday. That is what it's all about.

I can see the reasons for wanting us to be ranked, but I think we're getting the cart before the horse. Right now the only thing on the team's mind should be how to beat down the Sooners. I'd forgot Kruger is their coach, and he's a good one, so this may be our toughest test yet. If we win and get ranked so be it. But right now we should be very happy if we just win no matter what the polls say on Monday or Tuesday. Also, I'm not a big fan of being on the fringe of the top 25 and then seeing us pop in and pop out. Like to see us get to where that 93-94 team was which I think got as high as 16.