Our 2016-17 returnees

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee whiz, you guys must all be Greek gods or something. Take a look at Jolly's midsection in that pic in he looks pretty damned solid. His arms look great for a Billiken big.

Chris-Farley-Sunglasses-Flip-Shock.gif

From all appearances, Jolly is going to be on the team next year. I'm not expecting much, but hope he makes the most out of the off-season and shuts us all up. He is a 6'9" kid. If he can focus on defense, rebounding, toughness and losing the childish attitude, he might be able to contribute.

From all appearances, Jolly is going to be on the team next year. I'm not expecting much, but hope he makes the most out of the off-season and shuts us all up. He is a 6'9" kid. If he can focus on defense, rebounding, toughness and losing the childish attitude, he might be able to contribute.

I agree, Moy. He's become the poster child and the punching bag for the Crews era. No doubt, we all take out our frustrations on him, but damn he doesn't have to make it that easy. I'd gladly eat some of his crow next year if he somehow finds a way to really contribute.

I think all depends on how many decent new players Ford manages to sign up for the coming season. We need 3 new players to fill up vacancies (Yacoubou, Reynolds, and Yarborough), We have Moore with a LOI, that leaves 2 new players to be signed up for next season. If he gets more than 2 additional good players (besides Moore) then the issue becomes who is going to be let go from the team? Until we get to this happy point, the fact of the matter is that anyone already in the team will likely remain in the team next season. A certain degree of hope and prayer for the improvement of some of our current players (Jolly included) appears to be in order at this time.

I'm not as certain jolly will be back as others on here are. The guys that have already left wanted to do so. It's not uncommon for coaches to wait until after school ends to "have the talk" with players. Keeps the players motivated for grades and helps the APR.

• 4 months later...

I do hope all the best for Crawford, but the kind of lower extremity injuries he has can reactivate at any time. I would question whether he can play the full season this year (with only 9 scholarship players in the roster) without reactivating his injury. That is assuming he has not already reactivated it during practice.