Biedscheid commits to Iona

HoosierPal

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jacksonville University, home of famous Alum Artis Gilmore, is in Florida and a part of the Atlantic Sun Conference. Jacksonville State University is in Jacksonville/Anniston, Alabama (the armpit of the world if you ask me) and plays in the Ohio Valley Conference. The school we beat in 2010 was the Gimore school.

This is a meteroic plummet, if anyone asks me.

This brings me to off wall ? been trying to remember/research off and on long before becoming regular oxo mbm. i have ancient memory of us playing against Gilmore down there and losing by one 81-80 or something like that. can't find any sign we ever played them. any old timers got any help on this?

I recall Jacksonville plucked the 7'1" David Brent from us back in 70 or thereabouts. Brent went to the same HS as Harry Rogers, Sumter?, and he was supposed to be the successor to Artis Gilmore. I remember talking to HR one day at Busch and asked if Brent was coming to SLU, and he tought he would. But then chose Jacksonville. I think he stayed a year and then left for the NBA, which didn't work out well for him. Supposedly, he had a lot of talent, and you can't teach 7'1". Think he was two years behind HR, so he would have helped those Bob Polk teams. Always wondered what happened to him. Another local kid who left for brighter lights but then they dimmed.

I recall Jacksonville plucked the 7'1" David Brent from us back in 70 or thereabouts. Brent went to the same HS as Harry Rogers, Sumter?, and he was supposed to be the successor to Artis Gilmore. I remember talking to HR one day at Busch and asked if Brent was coming to SLU, and he tought he would. But then chose Jacksonville. I think he stayed a year and then left for the NBA, which didn't work out well for him. Supposedly, he had a lot of talent, and you can't teach 7'1". Think he was two years behind HR, so he would have helped those Bob Polk teams. Always wondered what happened to him. Another local kid who left for brighter lights but then they dimmed.

Brent and Rogers went to SUMNER. Brent graduated the year after Rogers. He went to the ABA,not NBA. He had the talent but was too soft for pro ball.

This brings me to off wall ? been trying to remember/research off and on long before becoming regular oxo mbm. i have ancient memory of us playing against Gilmore down there and losing by one 81-80 or something like that. can't find any sign we ever played them. any old timers got any help on this?

That never happened. SLU has only played Jacksonville in 2010.

• 2 months later...

From Notre Dame to Mizzou to Iona to Jacksonville St to ???? Not listed on any roster for Jacksonville State.

I don't think he was able to get NCAA clearance to play this semester therefore not on roster.

I don't think he was able to get NCAA clearance to play this semester therefore not on roster.

This guy is an absolute tool. So once again, he has a rather good Freshman year at Notre Dame in the Big East which is now in the ACC so he played against top competition and would have continued playing the ACC schools. He liked ND enough to go back to school there for his second academic year but then decides to redshirt and not play his second athletic year. Then, he follows a horrible human being/coach in Frank Haith to Mizzou but leaves there for Jackson State. He never plays a minute at either school. He now hopes to play next year at Iona? So he will have missed out on a year of college ball and is now going to be playing (we assume) for Iona in the Metro Atlantic Athlectic ? He sure is not smart.

This guy is an absolute tool. So once again, he has a rather good Freshman year at Notre Dame in the Big East which is now in the ACC so he played against top competition and would have continued playing the ACC schools. He liked ND enough to go back to school there for his second academic year but then decides to redshirt and not play his second athletic year. Then, he follows a horrible human being/coach in Frank Haith to Mizzou but leaves there for Jackson State. He never plays a minute at either school. He now hopes to play next year at Iona? So he will have missed out on a year of college ball and is now going to be playing (we assume) for Iona in the Metro Atlantic Athlectic ? He sure is not smart.

agreed. it is kind of fun every once in a while to watch someone throw it all away. fantastic.

I'm not sure he is heading to Iona. He HAD verbally committed (or let's just say told the school) he was headed to Iona, BEFORE he jumped to Jackson State. So there may be some confusion on the timing. He may indeed be headed to Iona, but the title of this thread was his movement before Jackson State

He would have had all the doors open for him once he was done playing basketball for ND (jobs, support, alumni base, etc). He just shut probably 98% of the doors available to him. If you dont have a paying future in basketball, I dont get why kids throw it all away to go play at joe schmo state when you could have gone to a top academic school.

He would have had all the doors open for him once he was done playing basketball for ND (jobs, support, alumni base, etc). He just shut probably 98% of the doors available to him. If you dont have a paying future in basketball, I dont get why kids throw it all away to go play at joe schmo state when you could have gone to a top academic school.

They are kids and they need to get good guidance from adults who care for them. Absent that then you get what you are seeing with this guy.

Just for clarification, posters are mentioning 4 schools he's currently at:

1) Iona

2) Jackson State (which is in Mississippi)

3) Univ. of Jacksonville (in Florida and where Artis Gilmore played at)

and

4) Jacksonville State (a Ohio Valley school located in Jacksonville, Alabama)

Which one?