Recruiting - 2016

Let's be honest here, nobody on our current roster is going to the NBA anytime soon.

I agree. I was more thinking of the incoming guys and the 2014 recruits. Dwayne could have a chance if he has a monster senior year. I doubt he gets drafted in the first round, but could see him working his way to the bottom of the 2nd round.

Manning is a guy that has the size to play in the NBA, but it remains to be seen if he can put the talent with it.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard SLU is also looking at Cook, making them the only one interested in all three as a package recruiting class at this point.

Boy that would save boatload of $$ for recruiting. Recruit up to about 6:30 on game nights and get to TJOM by game time.

Why risk your future with a coach that's never coached someone as talented as you? What if he uses you wrong? Doesn't let you show off your talent. If I was in Tatum's position I would be looking for a program and coach that can set me up for success. I think he and his dad know that one year on college can take you to either a number one pick or way down the board

Why risk your future with a coach that's never coached someone as talented as you? What if he uses you wrong? Doesn't let you show off your talent. If I was in Tatum's position I would be looking for a program and coach that can set me up for success. I think he and his dad know that one year on college can take you to either a number one pick or way down the board

What one and done kid has been hurt by the program he has choosen? There is a reason NBA teams have a huge scouting budget. If it was the old days when NBA teams didn't start following kids before they got to college the argument would have merit. These kids now play more than four times as much basketball in one high school year than they will in the few months they will be involved with a college program as a one and done player.

Will Gladson (Chaminade, 2016) tore his ACL this summer. Big blow for my Red Devils, who would have had a sophomore front court of Gladson and Tyler Cook. Both 6-7, Gladson is the more comfortable of the two in his frame and projects as a PF; Cook is raw and expected to grow more, projecting as a C.

Tatum plays any position but brought up the ball a lot last season despite his height. Chaminade will also have a high-level 2017 recruit in Reggie Crawford, who has been on the national radar for a few years already.

Anyway, Gladson's ACL tear is a setback for sure. He'll likely miss the whole coming season but still have two full years.

Kansas offered the duo; I can't confirm an official offer for Gladson from SLU but they've been recruiting them together. Illinois, Purdue, and UNC have also been in contact (the two were behind Illinois' bench for the last Braggin' Rights game). The question is: with this injury, will other schools keep looking at them as a pair? Will Kansas and others back off Gladson, leaving SLU as the local team willing to recruit that whole class? I've heard SLU is also looking at Cook, making them the only one interested in all three as a package recruiting class at this point.

Does Chaminade have a message board where its supporters obsess over their recruiting just like we do here?

IMO most schools don't "develop" NBA talent. Most NBA talent happens to go to certain schools. If a player is talented enough (and by most accounts Tatum is), then they will be in the NBA regardless of where they go to school. See Hughes, Larry.

Yeah, like Michael Olawakandi.

What one and done kid has been hurt by the program he has choosen? There is a reason NBA teams have a huge scouting budget. If it was the old days when NBA teams didn't start following kids before they got to college the argument would have merit. These kids now play more than four times as much basketball in one high school year than they will in the few months they will be involved with a college program as a one and done player.

What one-and-done kid has ever NOT chosen an elite (or at the very least a non-BCS) program? I can't think of any...

Word from Twitter is that Gladson's injury turned out to be less serious. Instead of an ACL tear, it's just a knee twist. He'll be out 1-2 months.

Great news for Gladson and Chaminade. Bad news for CBC's seniors.

Lamar Odom, Rhode Island

Odom didn't really choose RI. He couldn't get in anywhere else and RI had the right mix of school that didn't care and sleazeball coach to make it happen.

Odom didn't really choose RI. He couldn't get in anywhere else and RI had the right mix of school that didn't care and sleazeball coach to make it happen.

Harrick was an equal opportunity scumbag. That said, there was a time I really liked him.

I also posted a very long tirade about how I think "a guy runs a clean program" was a bad thing.