Offseason Injuries

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the offseason weight comments. Every player in america is either up 15, down 15, added 20 lbs of muscle, or some other huge number.

Agbeko might just be really injury prone. Hopefully he can remain healthy through the regular season, although the extra practice and games would have been nice for him.

Not that it matters but how were the injuries sutained? Given Agbeko's track record, I am not surprised. Bartley is frail as we all know. To those who asked if Roby was our poitn guard and for those hopign to see improvement from Reynolds, here are their chances.

Of course, temper it against Cabana Club U.

I forgot to post about this back in late May, I had seen Reggie walking around with a boot but wasn't sure what kind of injury it was.....

Also, SLU has some terrific conditioning experts to help with the athletes. Just look at what Dwayne was able to do during his playing career. Pretty awesome to see Gillman putting on more weight, I can definitely say he looks bulkier than he was at the beginning of the summer.

Weight gain/loss isn't guaranteed to translate into anything better on the court, but I'm cautiously optimistic about that news. I certainly don't see how it could hurt those guys.

Reggie needs to play as much basketball as possible to get comfortable so his injury is definitely a blow. At least he'll be healthy for the season.

Bartley needs as much time as possible to develop his point guard skills (or at least learn how to take a ball screen) so that hurts as well.

But all these injuries at least aren't during the season and we're definitely seeing some strength gaining so this is positive news.

More good news:

S/O to @MilesReyRey11 and Reggie for hitting big PR's today! #biggains #MondayMotivation

The school does need that extra VP of Diversity if they are promoting these guys hitting Puerto Ricans, disgraceful.

More good news:

S/O to @MilesReyRey11 and Reggie for hitting big PR's today! #biggains #MondayMotivation

The school does need that extra VP of Diversity if they are promoting these guys hitting Puerto Ricans, disgraceful.

Maybe it stands for "personal record."

I hope you are right. #3 below could be rather disturbing.

abbreviation forpl pr
1. pair
2. paper
3. (Medicine) (in prescriptions) per rectum
4. power
[(sense 3) Latin: through the rectum; to be inserted into the ######]

In fairness to Bartley, he was not hurt last year at all so a foot injury may not be a big thing. However Reggie - when has he not been hurt since he came to SLU. He is starting to stack up to being an unproductive schollie. I know he has time to heal his foot but if it was a stress fracture those can continue to be problematic.

In fairness to Bartley, he was not hurt last year at all so a foot injury may not be a big thing. However Reggie - when has he not been hurt since he came to SLU. He is starting to stack up to being an unproductive schollie. I know he has time to heal his foot but if it was a stress fracture those can continue to be problematic.

He showed significant strides towards the end of last yr. If he stays healthy, it could be a big year for Reg.