Zeke Moore - 2016 Commit

Anyone in the Peoria area for the holiday? Zeke and the Riverview Gardens team will be playing in the Coventry Health Tournament of Champions (Washington Invitational) starting tonight at 5:30. They'll be taking on Bishop Alemany (CA), and then have a Friday morning game against Huntsville-Lee (AL) and afternoon game against Proviso East (IL). They'll play again on Saturday, time and opponent TBD.

They'll also be playing on Saturday, 12/5 at 2:00 at Ritenour.

Go see Zeke the Freak play!

Peoria is lovely this (and every) time of year. If anyone is in the area I'm happy to pass along any info you need. I'm going to try getting out to see the Friday game. The Alabama team has 2 7 foot brothers like a freak show.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! Thanks in advance for the scouting report, JMM28.

I'm glad posters will have a chance to get out and see him this year because he flew under our radar (mostly) last season.

STLToday has an incomplete-looking schedule for RGHS; there are some games that might be more conveniently located than their home games, like the Ritenour one or a game against Ritter at CBC on 12/19.

It's not online, but the back of the print version of the sports section in the Post Dispatch had about 8 "players to watch this season." Moore was one, along with Goodwin, Gordon, Sneed, some guy named Tatum, and several others.

With the glut of talent in the area right now, that list writes itself. The hard part is who to keep off. I'd have at least a dozen, if not more. I'm sure they were crunched for space or whatever, but still.

Wednesday, November 25 @ Washington Community High School

Loss to Mission Hills Bishop Alemany - 69-61 - Zeke Moore 18pts

Friday, November 27 @ Washington Community High School

Loss to Huntsville Lee - 77-49 - Zeke Moore 16pts

Loss to Proviso East - 73-63 - Zeke Moore 22pts

Saturday, November 28 @ Washington Community High School

Beat - Genoa-Kingston - 78-60 - Zeke Moore w/ 37pts

Averaged 23.25 ppg for the tournament

STLToday doesn't have the full box scores up, just the scores. Same for the tournament's website, and I can't find box scores from the Peoria J-S, either.

Zeke missed his first 4 shots in the 37 point game, then made his next 10. Scored 25 in the 2nd quarter.

Shot poorly in 2 of the other 3

games. Shot OK in the other one. His new running mate Malik Barnett struggled with the high level of competition in this tournament so it was pretty much Zeke or bust. Two of the four teams were significantly better than anybody Riverview Gardens will have to face in the Suburban North.

Zeke missed his first 4 shots in the 37 point game, then made his next 10. Scored 25 in the 2nd quarter.

Shot poorly in 2 of the other 3 games. Shot OK in the other one. His new running mate Malik Barnett struggled with the high level of competition in this tournament so it was pretty much Zeke or bust. Two of the four teams were significantly better than anybody Riverview Gardens will have to face in the Suburban North.

I didn't expect them to win more than 1 when I saw the schedule. Do you have links to box scores or anything, or is this info just anecdotal?

• 4 weeks later...

Moore is averaging 22.8 PPG through the first 8 games. The stats also say he's shooting 53.4% overall and 60.9% from 3 - which is crazy, but consistent with what he did last season, according to the same STLToday stats. He's also shooting 84.8% from the FT line, and averaging 5.0 rebounds, 4.4 assists, and 2.3 steals per game. I can't confirm that these are 100% accurate, but are certainly promising.

Riverview Gardens plays today at 1:00 against East St. Louis at Collinsville HS. Let's hope the staff is in attendance to see their sole 2016 commit play against E.J. Liddell.

Ej liddell plays for belleville west and they are at Centralia today. His cousin Tommie Liddell played for east st louis.

I am at collinsville to see zeke today. I am currently watching super junior Javon pickett. He has 26 at the end of the third quarter. Why we haven't offered this kid a scholarship speaks volumes about our current staff's abilities to recruit.

I am at collinsville to see zeke today. I am currently watching super junior Javon pickett. He has 26 at the end of the third quarter. Why we haven't offered this kid a scholarship speaks volumes about our current staff's abilities to recruit.

Pickett was offered August 5th according to a tweet from Scott Burgess at the time.

Ej liddell plays for belleville west and they are at Centralia today. His cousin Tommie Liddell played for east st louis.

Roy, anyone for the coaching staff there at this time. I will be up there as well to Zeke this afternoon.

This is a very painful game to watch. Two very fundamentally unsound out of control teams. Fans are beyond stupid yelling out some of the most absurb statements you can imagine. Our recruit made two beautiful nba range threes to start the game. He has a wonderful shot his judgment decision making and selfishness though makes me cringe. Figure out how to teach him the game and play within himself you'd probably have a wonderful player though.

Personally I'd take the pickett player in the previous game

This is a very painful game to watch. Two very fundamentally unsound out of control teams. Fans are beyond stupid yelling out some of the most absurb statements you can imagine. Our recruit made two beautiful nba range threes to start the game. He has a wonderful shot his judgment decision making and selfishness though makes me cringe. Figure out how to teach him the game and play within himself you'd probably have a wonderful player though.

So we need Crews gone before he suits up for us? Not surprising. Somewhat excited to see what Zeke Moore has to offer, but not without good coaching, that's for damn sure.

Agree with all stated above, very little intensity if any defense in the 1st half.