Coverage for upcoming season...and stuff

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, for those who aren't on Twitter, I accepted the lead sports producer position with the Argus Leader in Sioux Falls. So, today was the last Billikens function I'll be covering -- at least for a while.

It got a little emotional on the drive up to Chaifetz Arena when I came to the realization that I wouldn't be back there to cover a hoops event for a while.

Good luck with your new job, and congrats!

Congrats as well Brian. Much deserved.

It seems we get someone new covering the team every year.

Thank ya both for the kind words!

Timmermann was there for a while before I got there, then I was on the beat for three years (two with UNews, one and a half with InsideSTL). I think Stu will be there for a while, and I'm really hoping that the opportunity presents itself to get back to covering SLU hoops.

I f-ing love this beat.

Timmermann was there for a while before I got there, then I was on the beat for three years (two with UNews, one and a half with InsideSTL). I think Stu will be there for a while, and I'm really hoping that the opportunity presents itself to get back to covering SLU hoops.

I f-ing love this beat.

Hopefully we can get another SLU grad at the Post. need you to teach them how to maximize the online content. Survey question today asked me to identify the current year.

Congrats!

Congrats to Brian!

Very good for him, but I have a feeling it is going to be a big loss for us in terms of Billikens coverage. We're basically left with Stu now (who hasn't even tweeted about open practices, let alone done anything for StlToday about them).

Very good for him, but I have a feeling it is going to be a big loss for us in terms of Billikens coverage. We're basically left with Stu now (who hasn't even tweeted about open practices, let alone done anything for StlToday about them).

-it sure looks like a big loss and it was just this spring I found out about Brian's work, let's hope someone picks up the slack

-that is sure disappointing about Stu

Thanks, y'all. Stan McNeal will be around again this year, too. Hopefully, the Post gives Stu more freedom with his coverage. Think both he and Tom were restricted a bit by the higher-ups.

On an unrelated note, word on the street is that the non-con schedule might be coming out today. They're in the process of crossing the final i's and dotting a couple t's. Not expecting any groundbreaking developments, buuuuut it'll be nice to have a little thing I like to call "closure" on the matter.

Brian, that's good to hear -- congratulations, you've come a long way, sir, since you sat in my class as a teenager (twice, in fact, if memory serves): spellbound by the poems of Whitman and Dickinson, and the prose of Lincoln and Twain. Good models for any writer. I believe you will be a real asset for those folks up in Dakota, but for us down here, you'll be missed. The journey begins . . . . . keep in touch!

Brian, best of luck in your future endeavors. Appreciated all of the hard work and coverage you did at InsideSTL with the Billikens and enjoyed your recent interviews with Conklin and Holloway/Frazier on The Nightcap.

BTW, can you get McKernan to send you to the Bahamas for upcoming games for a farewell? And do you get to keep the gong?

I f-ing love this beat.

Congrats. Your coverage of SLU hoops will be missed. Hopefully you can replace Stu sooner rather than later.

Thanks fro all the kind words, y'all. It honestly hasn't really sunk in yet that I'm not gonna be around for this season -- which sucks, because I don't think they're gonna be quite as bad as they were last year, and stories on this whole "new offense" thing are basically gonna start writing themselves (that's gonna be a fun topic to discuss/watch from afar this season).

• You bet your ass I'm bringing the gong with me. The next Asian guy with InsideSTL is gonna have to find his own schtick.

• In a perfect world, I'd be hired on to cover SLU athletics alongside Stu.

• 1 month later...

Hey ya'll. Wanted to gauge interest on an idea I've been toying with for the past couple weeks. If I were to do some #analysis pieces the day after SLU hoops games, plus a feature or two every couple of weeks, would there be interest?

I'd read it. I support most Billikens coverage (except Stu Durando's Twitter feed)

I did, but I only work nights at the Argus. So, I have time during the days that I could do some writing and do some coverage (albeit the day after from a few hundred miles away).

Then get on tht coverage Brian. We all want it.

Hey ya'll. Wanted to gauge interest on an idea I've been toying with for the past couple weeks. If I were to do some #analysis pieces the day after SLU hoops games, plus a feature or two every couple of weeks, would there be interest?

You're kinda selling pus$y on a troop train here. Of course we'd like to see it.