Neufeld News

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Neufeld may go down as the most highly anticipated recruit that nobody has ever seen play or can find stats on outside of a couple highlight videos and or single game reports. I hope people aren't building expectations for him that are impossible to meet.

Whelmer has the opposite issue as you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that thinks he'll even be a contributor next year..

Neufeld may go down as the most highly anticipated recruit that nobody has ever seen play or can find stats on outside of a couple highlight videos and or single game reports. I hope people aren't building expectations for him that are impossible to meet.

Whelmer has the opposite issue as you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that thinks he'll even be a contributor next year..

I think it is crazy to expect either to have a big impact their first season.

Welmer reminds me of how people talked about Gillmann.

Neufeld will either be a huge disappointment or people will exaggerate everything good he does and make him out to be a future hall of famer even if he averages 4 ppg.

He's definitely an unknown that the board has likely gone overboard on.

He's also got a better frame than any of our current bigs and looks skilled in the available video. He was just named to Canada's national U19 roster, and scouting reports are favorable. And there's no one standing in his way in terms of earning minutes immediately.

So he's got potential. I'm not penciling him into the A10 Newcomer team just yet but I feel good about him as a signing.

Bigs take time. No expectations this season; I just want to see him come in and work hard and show some upside, and he could have a nice career here.

Maybe we will see a battle of future bills at this tournament. The Canadians and Neufeld against USA and FBJT

That would be a game worth streaming. They're not in the same group, but based on the how the bracket shapes up, the US could possibly face them in the quarterfinals or semifinals.

Looking at their roster, I would hope that he gets some consistent minutes. It looks like Egi and Urquhart will be his main competition.

Egi was a freshman at Harvard last season. Egi played 11 games last season and scored 11 points total.

Urquhart was a freshman at Vermont last season. He only played one minute against us, but seemed to find a role for Vermont in the postseason.

I think Egi is considered the best big man on the roster. He was the leading rebounder and third-leading scorer on last year's U18 team, which finished second in the FIBA Americas tournament. He was playing behind a few senior bigs this past season at Harvard and should be much more of a factor this coming year.

Neufeld made the team over Eddie Ekiyor, who was second in scoring on that U18 team and has offers from Xavier, Miami, Providence, GT, Oregon, Vandy, Wake Forest, K-State, UMass, and Virginia Tech.

I think Egi is considered the best big man on the roster. He was the leading rebounder and third-leading scorer on last year's U18 team, which finished second in the FIBA Americas tournament. He was playing behind a few senior bigs this past season at Harvard and should be much more of a factor this coming year.

Neufeld made the team over Eddie Ekiyor, who was second in scoring on that U18 team and has offers from Xavier, Miami, Providence, GT, Oregon, Vandy, Wake Forest, K-State, UMass, and Virginia Tech.

I don't expect him to lead the frontline in minutes. The way the roster is structured, should give him the chance to get consistent playing time. The team actually has some really good talent at the the 1, 2, and 3. Brooks, Jackson, and Poyser are pretty talented. I really like Brooks.

How many centers make a big impact at programs like SLU as a freshman?

I think Neufeld is going to be really good. I just don't expect a big impact this season.

I agree. Maybe I'm wrong but it seemed you were a little hard on JC and our frosh bigs who struggled last year. When in reality frosh bigs generally struggle, so the struggles last year should have been expected

I think Neufeld will be better than any of the bigs we had last season. That is as much of a prediction as I can make.

He did make this All Canada team. That isn't a bad thing. Its very very good actually. But lets not get too carried away. He may not start over Gillmann.

I think Neufeld will be better than any of the bigs we had last season. That is as much of a prediction as I can make.

He did make this All Canada team. That isn't a bad thing. Its very very good actually. But lets not get too carried away. He may not start over Gillmann.

If Gillmann can put up, say, 7 and 5, I don't think most people would mind Neufeld being a back-up.