Majerus SLU Crew

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looking at some of the box scores of other teams, it looks like you have to treat this like an actual game. I know all these guys gave up their time for this but you gotta play the best players for as long as possible.

Why was Danny Brown even on the team? He is pretty far removed from his time at SLU and playing professionally. Regardless, he should not have been jacking 3s.

Perhaps Crews did have a little something to do with those a-10 championship teams.

Do I get some credit for admitting this to you in the bleachers before the buzzer sounded at least? :lol:

My dad and I flew up for the game and though we didn't win, it was awesome getting to see them all together again. I forgot a few times that this wasn't a random post-graduation tournament; they played all out and just as aggressively as if it were a game during March Madness, getting as worked up and involved as I'm used to from them. The calls didn't do our way at the end and I blame that. Seeing Jordair put his hands on the refs shoulders standing face to face was pretty funny (can't do that in college ball). Getting to do kwamain's chant and seeing their reactions to hearing their old SLU chants brought me right back to the good ol' days. If only we could have put Chris Sloan in and see how he would have done...he seemed content to be in the stands though...

Yes, we lost, but I'm so glad I flew up for it! This is a great idea for a tournament and an excuse to get the band back together again (speaking of which, let's get the pep band or at least a trumpet and a drum there if they do it again next year).

And being me, I have to give big props to the fans that came out. 1/2 of the stands were SLU fans and we were on our feet screaming. I'm always super proud to be a Billiken, but I'm especially inspired by our unity as a fan base.

GO BILLS!!

My dad and I flew up for the game and though we didn't win, it was awesome getting to see them all together again. I forgot a few times that this wasn't a random post-graduation tournament; they played all out and just as aggressively as if it were a game during March Madness, getting as worked up and involved as I'm used to from them. The calls didn't do our way at the end and I blame that. Seeing Jordair put his hands on the refs shoulders standing face to face was pretty funny (can't do that in college ball). Getting to do kwamain's chant and seeing their reactions to hearing their old SLU chants brought me right back to the good ol' days. If only we could have put Chris Sloan in and see how he would have done...he seemed content to be in the stands though...

Yes, we lost, but I'm so glad I flew up for it! This is a great idea for a tournament and an excuse to get the band back together again (speaking of which, let's get the pep band or at least a trumpet and a drum there if they do it again next year).

And being me, I have to give big props to the fans that came out. 1/2 of the stands were SLU fans and we were on our feet screaming. I'm always super proud to be a Billiken, but I'm especially inspired by our unity as a fan base.

GO BILLS!!

-good to hear from you Prez, post more often, still wish you had been hired by the ADept.....

GO BILLS!!

Well, look who it is. Your (screen) name came up during the summer meeting of the OBC a couple of weeks ago. Several people were wondering what had become of you.

You seem like the most likely candidate to become the first G in the OBC. Some of those other more conservative types will probably raise a ruckus, and Roy might have another heart attack. But I think we really need to get with the times. ;)

I don't know what the OBC is or what the G would stand for, but it's good to be remembered! Dad and I still have season tickets so I'm at every home game still!

Talking to kids at the game Saturday (2012 grads vs my 2007) about the good ol' days and them not caring about Anthony Drejaj's 3 pointer at the buzzer during the 2004 NIT made me feel old (at which I broke my nose rushing the court)...and having to explain to them that yes, Danny Brown did play for SLU. Those kids don't know the pain and TRUE dedication required that comes with 9-21 seasons...spoiled kids...

Now Im starting to understand how all you old guys feel ;)

I don't know what the OBC is or what the G would stand for, but it's good to be remembered! Dad and I still have season tickets so I'm at every home game still!

Talking to kids at the game Saturday (2012 grads vs my 2007) about the good ol' days and them not caring about Anthony Drejaj's 3 pointer at the buzzer during the 2004 NIT made me feel old (at which I broke my nose rushing the court)...and having to explain to them that yes, Danny Brown did play for SLU. Those kids don't know the pain and TRUE dedication required that comes with 9-21 seasons...spoiled kids...

Now Im starting to understand how all you old guys feel ;)

Old Boys Club. (Now you should have an idea what the "G" would stand for.)