malcolm hill

billiken_roy

heard last night that Illinois is now recruiting malcolm hill the smooth 6'5" soph wing at Belleville East High School. my contact says slu no where to be found. we should be. this kid is gonna be a nice player.

That's not what Earl Austin Jr. said on the radio this morning. He mentioned this kid along with several other local players that SLU is recruiting.

Sweet. If what Roy says is true as far as this kid being legit, Roy we are looking to you to help with the recruiting process. Take him out to Outback over on the East Side and get him a fat juicy steak and tell him why SLU is the right place for him. Invite him to one of the lunches. One sit down with that group and he will sign off as soon as possible.

heard last night that Illinois is now recruiting malcolm hill the smooth 6'5" soph wing at Belleville East High School. my contact says slu no where to be found. we should be. this kid is gonna be a nice player.

According to him we are...

Per Rivals.com... I want work on becoming a point guard at some point," he said. "But for right now I'm a shooting guard or small forward. I'm still growing. I should get to be around 6-foot-8. I'm young for my class. I'm supposed to be a freshman, but I skipped a grade."

Already a big time scorer at the high school level, Hill could develop into a very interesting prospect if he continues to grow and get stronger. Though not yet tremendously explosive off of the floor, Hill is quick and is a good enough athlete to get high major attention early in his high school career.

Add Hill to the list of prospects to watch in a banner 2013 recruiting class in the state of Illinois. No favorite has emerged yet, and Hill is likely at least a year away from a decision. One conference does stand out, however.

"I don't really have a favorite school right now," he said. "I'm being recruited by Purdue, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State, St. Louis, and Missouri State. I like the Big Ten, and the style of play in that conference." http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1192519

The problem here is RM will not hang around a kid unless he is serious about SLU - if the kid is only somewhat interested then he will move on.

Why is that a bad thing? Our biggest problem during the Brad S and Lorenzo R years of recruiting was that they held on and kept recruiting players who were highly regarded and lost them time and again thereby losing out on other good players because we had all our eggs in the basket of he more highly touted players. RM has a reputation as a recruiter that he will really make an effort if you are serious about us but he does not like to be strung along if a player is not serious. That makes perfect sense to me.

Guest BillikenReport

I think this kid made an unofficial visit to SLU's campus before he was even a freshman in high school.

So SLU has been on him for almost two years already.

Given all the Big Ten schools on his list and his statement about really liking the style of play in that entire league, we appear to be a pipe dream.

You kow, media play goes both ways ... as in this kid and/or his handlers could be using Rivals to get what he really wants ... a Big Ten scholarship. Doesn't that then make his Rivals statement more of a beg than just a comment?

Given all the Big Ten schools on his list and his statement about really liking the style of play in that entire league, we appear to be a pipe dream.

You kow, media play goes both ways ... as in this kid and/or his handlers could be using Rivals to get what he really wants ... a Big Ten scholarship. Doesn't that then make his Rivals statement more of a beg than just a comment?

Chill out Taj. A 15-year old kid should be allowed to say it would be fun to play in the Big ten without you bringing out conspiracy theories. What is the question was, "What would you think of playing in the Big Ten?"

I know bad stuff happens, but more often that not these kids are genuine.

Chill out Taj. A 15-year old kid should be allowed to say it would be fun to play in the Big ten without you bringing out conspiracy theories. What is the question was, "What would you think of playing in the Big Ten?"

I know bad stuff happens, but more often that not these kids are genuine.

Good post.