GDT: They'll never Catamount to anything

bonwich

The big question is whether Milik Yacoubou will be as much of a stud as Dwight Evans.

I was told of another Gus moment yesterday, but can't really blame him for this one. Apparently at halftime, Guy was reading from his script and said "the next Billikens home game is December 21st...that's today...and you're already here...so I hope you're enjoying the game!"

Can't exactly blame him if SLU gives him a bad script, but funny nonetheless.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't exactly blame him if SLU gives him a bad script, but funny nonetheless.

I'd still blame him. A minimal amount of prep work would be reading through those things and then peaking at the schedule to fix it.

The original mistake by SLU is bad, but not finding it in advance shows how little Gus does besides show up, read his script, and wing it.

I'd still blame him. A minimal amount of prep work would be reading through those things and then peaking at the schedule to fix it.

The original mistake by SLU is bad, but not finding it in advance shows how little Gus does besides show up, read his script, and wing it.

That might be the only funny thing gus has ever intentionally said.....

Lockette's daughter was honored as one of the scholar-athletes this year (for the fourth year in a row, I think). And he sits roughly behind Rammer, about 10 rows up, for most games.

He did not attend last Wednesday's game. He went dancing instead.

A stat I would love if kept track of is proportion of inbounds plays that resort to the bail out.

This would not be that hard to track.

A lot of people complain about inbounds plays but there isn't a lot you can do. I would say 1/20 times we run a play where one pass equals an attempted field goal. The other 19 attempts we run a play, but everyone is covered so you bail out and throw the ball to half court. Sure we'd like to see alley oop dunks on every inbounds play but teams are playing defense. If you have a full shot clock available to you it is just as good to start from the top and run the offense. Hard to initiate an offensive from the corner. Either you throw a pass immediately for an open shot or you start the offense up top, the other options aren't good.