Vermont over the Bills by 5

The Wiz

Well you have seen the bad news in the headline. The good news is this game is winnable. A win over the Catamounts might be enough to lift us out of the fail category.. Vermont ( C+ ) is a team that lost a heart breaker to a good Yale team ( B ) last night 57-56. The Catamounts are a good shooting team....47% overall and 39% from 3. It won't be easy to beat them but here's how we can do it...........

We always win when we ..........

hold the opp to 12 or fewer assists....7-0

McBroom has 12 or more pts.........5-0

have 22 or more FGM....4-0

shoot 46.8% or better.....4-0

Yacoubou makes at least 4 FTs

Also Vt usually loses when held to 21 FGs or less.....1-3

They also have trouble handling the ball...vulnerable to steals and TOs

This game can be summed up in 3 words....Defense, defense , defense.

On offense we need to play like we did against UTPA where we had a good slashline. A win here would give us 3 wins in a row against progressively better teams.

Bottomline.....Vermont is a good shooting team especially when left alone.....Let's bother them

Vermont is a good ball handling team ...when left alone....Again let's bother them.

So will the Bills win? Yes if the team from the last game shows up. If the team that played TAMCC appears then see the headline.

If things break right, this could be the year the Ivy League gets an at large bid. Harvard should be a bubble team to get an at large bid if they would finish second in the conference.

Not to get too far off topic here but the 2 teams that could knock Harvard (A- ) out of the conference championship are Yale and Columbia both B teams...If either or both beat Harvard it would weaken Harvard's numbers to the point where you would still have only 1 team from the Ivy League. Unlikely the Committee would leave out a Big 10 or Big 12 school to help out the Ivy League.

This game is going to be a nightmare for the official scorer. Vermont has 11 guys averaging over 10 minutes (with a 12th averaging 9 mins) a game like SLU. Harold and Steidl are their long-range shooters but Trae Bell-Haynes is their offensive leader. It is definitely a team/hot-hand rotation though. Their defense is their strong point. Holding Harvard to 44 in regulation was impressive. They have lost several close games so hopefully they lack confidence if this one is close.

This game is going to be a nightmare for the official scorer. Vermont has 11 guys averaging over 10 minutes (with a 12th averaging 9 mins) a game like SLU. Harold and Steidl are their long-range shooters but Trae Bell-Haynes is their offensive leader. It is definitely a team/hot-hand rotation though. Their defense is their strong point. Holding Harvard to 44 in regulation was impressive. They have lost several close games so hopefully they lack confidence if this one is close.

I wouldn't be worried about the official scorer, we should worry about Gus Fowlups - he might have to continue annoucing lineup changes while a player is shooting free throws (oh wait, he already does that) + it will be his 2nd game of the weekend. He might be worn out from working Saturday or better yet - we might get a sub PA for the weekend.

Either one of the next two would be a very good win given the results so far. I hope if they get one or both some of the Chicken Littles give them proper credit for the progress it would represent.

We will win one of these next 2. I think we are a different offensive team when Crawford plays more minutes. Yacoubou also seems to be finding his stride offensively a little bit.

We will win one of these next 2. I think we are a different offensive team when Crawford plays more minutes. Yacoubou also seems to be finding his stride offensively a little bit.

I think a healthy Crawford helps a lot. I don't know how much better it makes us, but it makes us better. Don't want to get too excited, yet. UTPA isn't good defensively.

I predict Miles Reynolds will get out of the doghouse soon. He has handle and speed if he can make a few shots in the minimal time he has been getting he can go nowhere but up. I like Davel Roby as a player but when he brings the ball up court I am concerned.

Vermont fan here... here is my impression of UVM for you. As young as SLU, 6 freshman (true freshmen-none of them did a year of prep out of HS). Injured: We redshirted our prized PG recruit Ernie Duncan with back injury. We may be playing without leading scorer Hector Harold with ankle injury and also SF Kilpatrick with head\concussion injury. This team,like yours is expected to make mistakes. WE play tough defense but are weak rebounding. They are a capable of stellar play and also can throw the ball away with poor play. It comes down to this - if SLU gets our " good game" we win. Good luck Billikens

I know a little about the 'Cats since I grew up in NE. They've got great syrup. Their Ski Team would trounce ours. Their HS basketball teams were always the worst in NE. So, if they're 6 FR beat our 6 FR, we better start wringing our hands.

ya can't leave off our Hockey team, which is like a feeder program for the NHL ! And Ben & Jerrys !!!

PS - none of our players are from Vermont

I was going to mention the hockey team is the most popular spectator sport at UVM (Gut is small but always sold out).

I grabbed a Free Press hoping to get a little Intel on Vermont around Thanksgiving and found a nice long article on the big win over Bryant. Unfortunately, 80% of the article was quotes from a Bryant player who had a bad game. Pretty funny angle.

We, as Vermont fans have a message board that is conference based, not individual team based. If you like to see, here is the link:http://www.basketballforum.com/america-east-conference/

One of our 2015 recruits, Elliott Welmer, went to Columbus N HS in Indiana. One of his teammates, Speidel I think is his name, is coming to your house next season. He is pretty good. I always thought he was the best player on Columbus N last season.

I was going to mention the hockey team is the most popular spectator sport at UVM (Gut is small but always sold out).

I grabbed a Free Press hoping to get a little Intel on Vermont around Thanksgiving and found a nice long article on the big win over Bryant. Unfortunately, 80% of the article was quotes from a Bryant player who had a bad game. Pretty funny angle.

That player was a local kid that went to Bryant so I think the article you saw was one geared more to his " homecoming". Yes the hockey team is ranked 9th in US right now

Kwij, didn't Bryant used to be an all girls secretarial science school? About the time of the iron age I think.

That player was a local kid that went to Bryant so I think the article you saw was one geared more to his " homecoming". Yes the hockey team is ranked 9th in US right now

I forgot about Ben and Jerry's, but they got bought out, right? Love that carmel vanilla mix (forgot the name). Yeah, I figured none of your players were from VT. We had a kid from my HS that was considering going to either Holy Cross or VT back in the day. He got a call from Red Auerbach, who asked him if he skied or if he owned a pair of snow shoes? The kid said no, so, Red told him he better go to go to Holy Cross.