2010 v 2014

Clock_Tower

Brian. But what does that really mean? They were still losses -- and not only a few but 19 of them!! You cannot say the 2010 team was better than this year's team b/c they played a tougher schedule. Sure, the 2010 team's schedule is tougher. But the 2010 team still lost 2 of every 3 games they played. The 2010 team could have played the toughest teams in the country for all their their losses -- but they still lost 19 times. But our 2010 team didn't play the toughest teams in the country -- really, they played only a few of the toughest teams -- and each was resounding loss. Again, not all of these losses were to team's like Duke (ranked #4) but were to team ranked in the 100's. Speaking of the Duke game, isn't our performance against them (at Duke) similar to this year's team against Witchita State (at WSU)? How about the loss to Bowling Green (ranked #245)? Mediocre teams don't lose 19 game including to team ranked #245 -- bad teams do.

Is you logic that 2 bad early season failures against admittedly bad/terrible teams means that we will lose to all teams ranked higher than them? Regardless of the opponent, I have seen real improvement by our guys. Do we still have a long way to go? Sure.

And 1 win out of 31 games against conference rival Dayton (ranked #70) at the end of the year is not proof that the 2010 was mediocre. Upsets happen -- especially in conference.

Frankly, looking back at the 2010-2011, I still scratch my head as to why were so bad. Sure, we lost WR and KM, but we still had 3 Juniors in BC, KC and PE, we still had CE, CR and CS and we had the 4 Frosh. I know that CE had mono, the fireworks accident and then the bad shoulder, but face it -- we were bad (not mediocre) in 2010. Are we worse this year? I don't think so. I am optimistic of our future -- both this year and next.

Ellis wasn't healthy the whole season. PE was a former walk on and he wasn't a rotation caliber player on a good team. Conklin was playing hurt the whole season. It wasn't a good team.

That said, that team would be 6.5 point favorite over the current team according to Sagarin. That is why the schedule matters when comparing teams.

Austin Gillmann and Milik Yarbrough could be quite the multi-talented frontcourt.

Roby/Bartley could be dangerous too. Just need a lights out spot up shooter from a guard position to compliment Bartleys passing and Roby's slashing

Roby/Bartley could be dangerous too. Just need a lights out spot up shooter from a guard position to compliment Bartleys passing and Roby's slashing

Roby has not shown he is an effective slasher. He slashes out of control and doesn't finish. He still needs to figure out what he can and can't do at this level.