Random impressions thru 11 games

slu72

Yeah, it's only 37 total shots, but Roby is now shooting less than 22% from the field and less than 10%(!) on two-point attempts. Just brutal.

Roby leads the team in assists with 23 and has the best A/TO ratio at 1.44. Bartley is 1.29, McBroom is 1.18 and Reynolds is 0.85 for the primary ballhandlers.

Last night's lineup of McBroom, Crawford, Yacboubou, Yarbough, and Gillmann/Manning needs to be the go-to lineup down the stretch this season. Gillmann if you need more offense. Manning if you need more defense.

Nailed it.

And Crawford should play the most minutes, he has the best court awareness on the team, makes the offense flow, and is a legitimate threat for 3's to compliment AM.

He looked high potential last year and if it is true that his illness slowed him down earlier this year and he is looking better the last few games, then that is even a stronger point to consider him for much more action.

And Manning helps more than his stats and more than some of his brutal critics realize.

Nailed it.

And Crawford should play the most minutes, he has the best court awareness on the team, makes the offense flow, and is a legitimate threat for 3's to compliment AM.

He looked high potential last year and if it is true that his illness slowed him down earlier this year and he is looking better the last few games, than that is even a stronger point to consider him for much more action.

And Manning helps more than his stats and more than some of his brutal critics realize.

Manning wouldn't get critized as much as he does if he would just rebound even a little. He is just a brutal rebounder for a guy 6'11

Manning wouldn't get critized as much as he does if he would just rebound even a little. He is just a brutal rebounder for a guy 6'11

i like how he shoots 39%, too. if i were only 3 feet from the basket, i'd do a little better than that. gotta call a spade a spade. but i'm still pulling for the guy. he's all we've got for a upperclassman big man.

Lots of people are going to become fans of Crawford now that he's healthy. Losing 10+ pounds in a short period of time will take its toll on anyone.

Agreed. I will admit, I was among those who prematurely judged him this year without knowing what was really going on. Maybe Reggie will also start to show up once the mask comes off, and maybe Tanner will pick it up as well. The sophomores are key to us being a very good or very mediocre team next year.

Nailed it.

He looked high potential last year and if it is true that his illness slowed him down earlier this year and he is looking better the last few games, then that is even a stronger point to consider him for much more action.

Right there with you re: Crawford though I think brutal criticism of JM is appropriate sometimes. His work at the line last night was excellent. If he can keep that % up, he's going to get some minutes.

Interesting stats on the (still relatively) young season

Reynolds has 31 made FTs with only 6 made FG.

McBroom is 24-47 (51%!!!) from 3. 12-46 (26%) from 2. McBroom has ONE fewer made 3 than the rest of the team COMBINED.

Yarbrough is 28-46 (61%!!!) from 2, 1-6 from 3, 15-31 from FT (48%!!!)

Ash is our leading rebounder (4.5 RPG), followed by Yarbrough (3.9), Roby (2.8), Agbeko (2.6), Manning (2.6), Gillmann (1.9)

For reference, here are last season's rebounding averages: Evans 6.5, Loe 5.7, Glaze 4.5, Jett 4.0, McCall 3.8, Barnett 2.8