Bills over UTPA by 3

The Wiz

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like to consider the 2010-2011 season as rebuilding really. We were expected to be good that season and build off the 2009-2010 CBI run. Then we had our 2 best players suspended for the season. The more I think about it, it's really hard to compare this season and the 2010-2011 season at all other than that we're playing a lot of freshmen. And theoretically, these freshmen should be better considering the success and momentum our program as had over the last 3 years. These freshmen also knew coming in that they'd be major contributors. The freshmen in 10-11 weren't expected to play the roles they did.

And maybe I'm expecting too much here, but I kind of hoped we would've had an A10 Rookie of the Week by now. Fordham, Saint Bonaventure (twice) and Davidson have all had an A10 Rookie of the Week

Wiz, good call on the close margin of this game and on Joesaar. He did go off and we're lucky he got in foul trouble early and had to sit out some in the first half. Guy's a baller and the lefty frosh is good too.

I don't like to consider the 2010-2011 season as rebuilding really. We were expected to be good that season and build off the 2009-2010 CBI run. Then we had our 2 best players suspended for the season. The more I think about it, it's really hard to compare this season and the 2010-2011 season at all other than that we're playing a lot of freshmen. And theoretically, these freshmen should be better considering the success and momentum our program as had over the last 3 years. These freshmen also knew coming in that they'd be major contributors. The freshmen in 10-11 weren't expected to play the roles they did.

And maybe I'm expecting too much here, but I kind of hoped we would've had an A10 Rookie of the Week by now. Fordham, Saint Bonaventure (twice) and Davidson have all had an A10 Rookie of the Week

That's a rather large caveat.

Brian, I am starting to see it your way. I keep waiting for us to flip the switch and turn into a mediocre team, but we seem incapable of doing that. I only saw about half of the Edwardsville game, but it had an opposite feel of the doomsday losses of years past. In the past when we struggled, we would get unlucky, shoot poorly, face a hot team, or just sleep walk. It was frustrating. This year I am not sure what to think.

During the Edwardsville game, it just looked like a contest between 2 evenly matched teams. No hot/cold shooting/refs/bad luck contributing to the close game. That is what I am most concerned with. During RM's 2 mediocre years, we won 7 and 8 games respectively in conference (not terrible). The prospect of Conference play is terrifying at the moment. What would happen if Edwardsville went to Fordham to play? I think the game would be pretty much the same. RM never fielded a "fordham-like" team, even though we were "rebuilding" in 2010.

I will continue to watch and hope that we will look better (especially on defense).

I hope something clicks tonight.

Fordham by 9 over SIU-e

Wiz, good call on the close margin of this game and on Joesaar. He did go off and we're lucky he got in foul trouble early and had to sit out some in the first half. Guy's a baller and the lefty frosh is good too.

Thanks ...I had the spread until the final few seconds (and much of the game)

UTPA had a good game....43/44/75....plus we didn't stop Joesaar ...26 pts

So what happened?

The Bills had a very good game...almost a great game....47/41/77 plus only 8 TOs....I like that stat the best but the whole slash line was impressive.

Now 2 games don't make a trend but if we win the next game we will be trending. . A win over Vermont would lift us out of the Fail category. I won't be able to do the Vermont numbers tomorrow as the Catamounts have a game tomorrow night against a tough Yale team. But I will say this now.....If the Bills play Vermont like they played UTPA, we will win.

My take, we need to figure out how to break down zone defense. I remember UTSA and SD State cutting off the inside and making us shoot from the outside, which contributed to the losses. Tonight we hit those outside shots (and made our FTs) but I don't know if we're good enough on jumpers to carry through the season. Good game though, ugly run by UTPA to keep it close for 3/4 of the game but the boys stayed strong and worked hard.

#firstpost