Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

when Majerus became coach, he had like 6 of the highest rated stl kids on campus within a couple of weeks (i think it was that soon?). Hopefully Ford will do the same thing.

True, but I don't think RM landed any of them, unless Femi John was one of the 6.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't he get Brett Thompson?

Which makes me think of John Brandenberg.

Man, overall that class was a huge bust.

No. No, it wasn't.

Kyle Cassity: contributor

Brian Conklin: 1st-team all A-10 sr yr; Conklin smash screen; Conklin Summer

Ruben Cotto: left after a few games

Femi John: injured

Kwamain MItchell: one of SLU's best guards EVER

Brett Thompson: left after one year.

Adding that all up does not equate to a "huge bust."

No. No, it wasn't.

I think he meant that the local STL class was a huge bust (including Brett Thompson from Vienna)...

No. No, it wasn't.

I meant the St. Louis area players, not SLU's recruiting class. Sorry.

No. No, it wasn't.

Plus Willie Appleby's Reed. And had he stuck it out, well, we could of been a contender...a somebody.

I meant the St. Louis area players, not SLU's recruiting class. Sorry.

In that case, I have no argument. Even the McCluer North players who went to SIU-C were a big disappointment.

Plus Willie Appleby's Reed. And had he stuck it out, well, we could of been a contender...a somebody.

D'OH! I thought I was forgetting someone!

Not surprising but it seems like Ford has a major uphill battle with Goodwin

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1659524-goodwin-talks-home-visit-recruiting

Well it wasn't a premium article when I read it earlier. Basically says Illinois Missouri Creighton and Northwestern are recruiting him the hardest. Describes why he's interested in each school. Doesn't mention SLU.

I'd be curious to know when Snow interviewed Goodwin. I am not overly concerned that Goodwin didnt say, "SLU is one of the hardest recruiting me"...

Seems like it would be impossible for Ford to get there after his 4 days on the job. The fact that Goodwin is waiting to commit is the best we could hope for. That said, he might be waiting for the "bright lights" to come calling

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/719532838413025281

Another Razorback leaving from Fayetteville, 6-7 Frosh guard from Naples, FLA.

Doesn't look like he contributed much, played about 10 mins all year. From what I've heard from the locals (I live in Northwest Arkansas), there is a good group of young guards coming in which is why they are seeing the flight of transfers.

His length could help us in the short term.

Doesn't look like he contributed much, played about 10 mins all year. From what I've heard from the locals (I live in Northwest Arkansas), there is a good group of young guards coming in which is why they are seeing the flight of transfers.

I think I read that they have the top rated JUCO point guard and shooting guard coming in, so that was probably a factor for Whitt. The addition of the two JUCO guards along with returning Beard and Hannahs probably led to him questioning his role going forward.

Obviously, it's going to be intersting to to see how Ford does w/ the locals, but even more so to see if he can bring in some of these transfers. I say this because a transfer has hopefully made the adjustment that the FR will have to make. A couple of good transfers could get us back to competitive a lot quicker than a class made up entirely of FR.

Verbal Commits has us as having offers out on three guys for 2017 other than ZM.

They are Nick Robinson (6'6" out of Chicago), Aleem Ford (6'7" out of Georgia), and Lorenzo Edwards (6'7" out of Chicago). Does anyone know anything about these guys? Verbal Commits has us down as having made offers, but those offers might be stale at this point.

Verbal Commits has us as having offers out on three guys for 2017 other than ZM.

They are Nick Robinson (6'6" out of Chicago), Aleem Ford (6'7" out of Georgia), and Lorenzo Edwards (6'7" out of Chicago). Does anyone know anything about these guys? Verbal Commits has us down as having made offers, but those offers might be stale at this point.

We offered all three under the Crews administration. They've been discussed in the 2016 thread, as they're all 2016 recruits.

Isaiah Coleman: PG, 6-0, 175, Indianapolis, IN (La Lumiere)Offers: SLU, Creighton. Interest: DePaul, Illinois, Purdue, Indiana, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, New Mexico, Valpo. Latest News: SLU is Coleman’s second offer, after Creighton. He has a lot of Big 10 interest. Scouting Report: Coleman was the sixth man on a loaded La Lumiere Prep team, coming up with some big games in their non-state-sanctioned basketball tournament this spring (against Montverde, Oak Hill, et al). He’s an active PG and deft passer who can also shoot the 3. He’s quick off the dribble with a consistent pull-up jumper. His brother, Jalen Coleman-Lands, plays for Illinois. Twitter: @Zeke_11_Coleman

Carson Newsome: SG, 6-5, 175, Waukegan, IL (Waukegan)Offers: SLU, UIC. Interest: Arizona State, Loyola-Chicago, Bradley, Kent State, UWGB, Holy Cross, South Dakota, Liberty. Latest News: Newsome’s SLU offer is his most recent and most significant yet. He first heard from SLU in summer 2015, when he received his first and only other offer, UIC. Scouting Report: Newsome is a long, rangy 6-5 with the skills to play guard and the size to play forward. He took blame for his team’s struggles this past season, saying he needed to show more leadership and consistency. Twitter: @c_newsome11

Aaron Wheeler: SF, 6-7, 180, Stamford, CT (St. Andrew’s)Offers: SLU, Rhode Island, Duquesne, Providence. Interest: Villanova, Xavier, Kansas, Virginia, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Texas. Latest News: SLU is Wheeler’s latest offer. He visited Rhode Island in March, and Virginia was out to see him shortly thereafter. A lot of power programs are sniffing around, but offers have been slow to come so far. That could change with a good summer. Scouting Report: Wheeler is long, lean, and athletic. He can get hot from 3, but needs to work on consistent production, toughness, and energy. His learning curve has been significant, and he was a much better player by the end of this past season. Wheeler’s dad, Bill, played at UNC Charlotte and Manhattan. Twitter: @_aaronwheeler_

Man, looking at those names makes me so happy that Crews is gone. I am not saying we will get them but it looks like Ford has at least the framework of a plan.

If he can land a quality transfer or 2 (The Rutgers big man looks good to me), one 2016 recruit, and get three 2017 guys. That gives us pretty great class balance going forward.