Savage joins Gaithers in Transfer to Butler

Taj79

I'm really hating me some Butler Bulldogs. First, they get our slot in the Beast, now they're scooping up some solid A10 players. At least we can say we kicked their arse in the last two games we played them. One of them in that ancient airplane hangar they call an arena.

I'm really hating me some Butler Bulldogs. First, they get our slot in the Beast, now they're scooping up some solid A10 players. At least we can say we kicked their arse in the last two games we played them. One of them in that ancient airplane hangar they call an arena.

That would be three.

One at Chaifetz, one at Hinkle, and one in Brooklyn.

Savage is leaving based on his desire to play more point guard instead of two guard. He and Joe McDonald have been there since freshman year and McDonald has been the point. I can only guess that at 6'2" Savage sees his next level of play at the point and wants to develop that facet of his game. Personally I don't think he has NBA talent but every kid seems to think otherwise. Savage has to sit a year.

For Gaithers, he graduated so he is immediately eligible wherever he goes. It appears to be a numbers game for him at SBU and he saw himself on the outside looking in. Plus with one year left, he migth want to give that a go at a program more inclined to finish somewhere better than the one in Olean. He averaged 8.2 ppg in his junior year including beating us in Brooklyn on that last second trey but lost all last year due to hip surgery.