Official Tatum Rally (no dead period AD screw up) Thread

We also made the tourney 3 of the last 4 years and made it to the third round each year. Not sure why we want to go back to 2000. Focus on the positives and the steps we have made in the last few years.

2 of those 3 years we made it further in the tournament than Duke as well. Can do anything with numbers when you really want to so let's focus them all positive towards SLU.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We also made the tourney 3 of the last 4 years and made it to the third round each year. Not sure why we want to go back to 2000. Focus on the positives and the steps we have made in the last few years.

That makes too much sense. Instead, I think we should "acknowledge our shortcomings" :rolleyes:

Sorry my posts aren't a good fit for the kiddie board. Hopefully we get Tatum so we can be filled with positive posts and forget about one of the worst seasons in Billiken history and major incompetency by the staff/AD

Metaphorically my boot is a good fit for your ass. Not sure why you're such a little *****, but we shouldn't have to explain to a SLU "fan" why the #1 recruit in the country, son of former player etc should come here.

I know why he should come here. Trust me, we've exhausted the list on here over the last 3 years. I hope he does. But my posts don't have an effect on his decision. And if jimbo's posts have an effect on Jolly, then he has bigger problems that his obvious ones on the court.

Negativity is annoying. So is optimism to the point of being unrealistic.

But since we can't handle negativity, I will leave and let you guys have your little tee-ball party and hand out a year-end trophy to everyone. Again, I'm smart enough to realize that this is a message board and no one cares what I say so I'm sure my posts won't be missed.

I know why he should come here. Trust me, we've exhausted the list on here over the last 3 years. I hope he does. But my posts don't have an effect on his decision. And if jimbo's posts have an effect on Jolly, then he has bigger problems that his obvious ones on the court.

Negativity is annoying. So is optimism to the point of being unrealistic.

But since we can't handle negativity, I will leave and let you guys have your little tee-ball party and hand out a year-end trophy to everyone. Again, I'm smart enough to realize that this is a message board and no one cares what I say so I'm sure my posts won't be missed.

No reason to take your ball and go home..that's what tee-ball players do. Take the criticism and keep posting. Most of the time, your posts are solid and I enjoy reading them.

No reason to take your ball and go home..that's what tee-ball players do. Take the criticism and keep posting. Most of the time, your posts are solid and I enjoy reading them.

Appreciate the kind words. I've taken the criticism all year from some posters. But if people actually think that our posters are affecting Tatum's recruitment or our current players, then I think I just need a little break until we all get back in touch with reality.

I try to say it how it is. This is a fan message board. We don't have to sugar coat everything to make us all feel good about ourselves. I'll be realistic even if it's negative.

If Tatum comes here it will have nothing to do with the board. It will have nothing to do Crews or any member of the staff. You could count on one hand the number of players we recruited that are more knowledgeable about the SLU program. He knows the good, the bad, the ugly, the limitations, and the potential.

Don't worry about him reading honest comments that make the program not always look great. He already is well aware of it and knows about uglier stuff than gets posted here.

If he chooses SLU it will be because he sees himself as something more than a basketball player. It will be because he wants to build a legacy in this town. That he wants to build something here. It will be because he feels that playing college basketball here can help bridge some of the divide in his hometown.

Appreciate the kind words. I've taken the criticism all year from some posters. But if people actually think that our posters are affecting Tatum's recruitment or our current players, then I think I just need a little break until we all get back in touch with reality.

I try to say it how it is. This is a fan message board. We don't have to sugar coat everything to make us all feel good about ourselves. I'll be realistic even if it's negative.

Stop being a little *****. http://youtu.be/DpMNwFSLJxg The future mrs slufan13 is tougher than you...

Under normal circumstances I agree with your point completely..... But when it comes to Tatum... if you aint talking Tatum to SLU.... I aint listening

Let's stop focusing on the negatives about SLUFan13's posts and start concentrating on the positives. If all we do is harp on the negatives, we will be sending a bad message to FBJT when he reads this board. If he doesn't feel all warm and fuzzy inside when scanning through SLUFan13's posts, then he may never end up being a MBM on this board. If that happens, then . . . .

Wait, I think the turn that took place in this topic somewhere on page 2 has been all confused. :)

Do you know what UK, Duke and UNC fans would say about any player that put up numbers like Jolly for their team??? Much worse than I, I promise you. Regardless, I'm done with the wash basin. The AD in general has now drawn my ire for their ineptitude. Hopefully they make up for it with a great visit for FBJT and the other recruits.

Go to a Duke forum and look for threads about Jayson Tatum. It is going to be hard, because there are very few to none. That sums up the difference right there. This guy is 18 months from putting on a SLU uniform and he is pretty much dominating conversation here. Duke is busy worrying about the one and dones for next year.

Give me a break, Jayson will make his decision based on what he feels is in his best interest, not what the Morons think on this Board. I would bet that Jayson has been to more Billiken games this year than most of the posters on this Board. He is well aware of what our program is all about and what it has to offer. People on this Board have the right to say what they want. Some need to quit trying to stomp out someone who has a different perspective than they do. Idiots. What happened to free speech. This has bee a trying year, but no one wants to see that blue and white Billiken uni on JT more than me.

Troy Robertson was on Frank's show yesterday talking about Tatum. He must not have seen the update about Jayson visiting next week but does mention he has seen the stuff about students trying to meet him in the quad. Frank also asks him about the fab 5 possibility.

Segment 4 below if anybody is interested in listening.

http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLcom/RadioShows/ThePressBox/tabid/307/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/17255/The-Press-Box-41515.aspx