Tatum rally to be rescheduled, his official visit is getting moved to a new date

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested in who these other recruits are. When's the last time we had multiple recruits visiting this early in the spring? If it's true, that's a helluva recruiting job.

Are these recruits to play next year (2015-2016) or for the year following (2016-2017)?

I'm interested in who these other recruits are. When's the last time we had multiple recruits visiting this early in the spring? If it's true, that's a helluva recruiting job.

Well SLU didn't have to compete with anyone else on that date since it was a dead period.

It isn't just like one person didn't do it either. This went unnoticed by multiple people. I get the feeling that the only reason the visits are not happening is someone saw that the visits were happening on this board. That person notified the athletic department it was a dead period. I got a feeling this board is the only thing that prevented the school from committing multiple NCAA violations.

Billikens.com > SLU AD

yep. i mean, fuok me. christ almighty, it's like i'm sittin' here playin' cards with my brother's kids or something. you nerve-wrackin' sonsabitches...

It isn't just like one person didn't do it either. This went unnoticed by multiple people. I get the feeling that the only reason the visits are not happening is someone saw that the visits were happening on this board. That person notified the athletic department it was a dead period. I got a feeling this board is the only thing that prevented the school from committing multiple NCAA violations.

I actually wondered if someone saw it on Facebook. The thread was kicking around here for a while and nobody seemed to notice. Then it started to circulate on Facebook and all of a sudden somebody realized it was a dead period.

• 2 weeks later...

-i didn't know a 'quiet period' existed, i took this from Notre Dame's site after a search:

Recruiting Periods Defined

Contact Period. A period when it is permissible for authorized athletics department staff members to make in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts and evaluations.

Evaluation Period. A period when it is permissible for authorized athletics department staff members to be involved in off-campus activities designed to assess the academic qualifications and playing ability of prospective student-athletes. No in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts shall be made with the PSA during an evaluation period.

Quiet Period. A period when it is permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts only on the institution's campus. No in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts or evaluations may be made during the quiet period.

Dead Period. A period when it is not permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations on or off-campus or to permit official or unofficial visits by PSAs to campus.

Applying Recruiting Rules

Contact. Any face-to-face encounter between a PSA (or their relatives/legal guardians) and an institutional staff member or athletics representative during which any dialogue occurs in excess of an exchange of a greeting. Additionally, any prearranged encounter that occurs on the grounds of the PSA's educational institution or the site of organized competition or practice involving PSAs shall be considered contact regardless of whether any conversation occurs. If a staff member is approached by a PSA (or their relatives/legal guardians) at a location not pre-arranged and the dialogue does not exceed a greeting (and the staff member takes steps to terminate the encounter swiftly) it does not count as a contact.

Evaluation. Any off-campus activity designed to assess the academic qualifications or athletics ability of a PSA, including any visit to their educational institution (during which no contact occurs) or the observation of the PSA participating in any practice or competition at any site.

2 ways to take this

1. It's kinda' funny

2. It's an F-U to us for calling her out

In any case we got their attention so hopefully they'll do a little more to earn their paycheck.

I'm claiming Billikens.com legitimacy in bringing this issue to the forefront.

Now you guys need to go examine US uranium mine sales to foreign powers.

-i didn't know a 'quiet period' existed, i took this from Notre Dame's site after a search:

Recruiting Periods Defined

Contact Period. A period when it is permissible for authorized athletics department staff members to make in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts and evaluations.

Evaluation Period. A period when it is permissible for authorized athletics department staff members to be involved in off-campus activities designed to assess the academic qualifications and playing ability of prospective student-athletes. No in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts shall be made with the PSA during an evaluation period.

Quiet Period. A period when it is permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts only on the institution's campus. No in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts or evaluations may be made during the quiet period.

Dead Period. A period when it is not permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations on or off-campus or to permit official or unofficial visits by PSAs to campus.

Applying Recruiting Rules

Contact. Any face-to-face encounter between a PSA (or their relatives/legal guardians) and an institutional staff member or athletics representative during which any dialogue occurs in excess of an exchange of a greeting. Additionally, any prearranged encounter that occurs on the grounds of the PSA's educational institution or the site of organized competition or practice involving PSAs shall be considered contact regardless of whether any conversation occurs. If a staff member is approached by a PSA (or their relatives/legal guardians) at a location not pre-arranged and the dialogue does not exceed a greeting (and the staff member takes steps to terminate the encounter swiftly) it does not count as a contact.

Evaluation. Any off-campus activity designed to assess the academic qualifications or athletics ability of a PSA, including any visit to their educational institution (during which no contact occurs) or the observation of the PSA participating in any practice or competition at any site.

So you can call or text anytime as long as it's not in person?

That account is bizarre, or perhaps, par for the course for the athletic department. Why does it exist? And if it's important, whytf hasn't it posted since 2013?

I imagine in 2013 they thought it would be a good way to connect with SLU athletes/fans to remind/inform them of rules and maybe answer questions from fans. Then they didn't get much use out of it so it was left idle until this recent compliance hiccup and they thought they'd have a laugh at themselves and the hoops team.