Tatum rally to be rescheduled, his official visit is getting moved to a new date

A recruit had meetings with the staff and the university president schedule during a dead period. We know that per the recruits own words.

And it wasn't just FBJT they were meeting with this week. Other recruits were scheduled this week too.

I'm typically not an alarmist on stuff but this one is scary and as you said a few posts above it makes you wonder what else is happening that we aren't aware of.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His father's own words. Mispoke when I said the recruit's own words.

Gotcha. If what Kshoe says is correct - that other recruits were also scheduled to be on campus - then I'll agree that even w/o knowing the whole story this seems like someone wasn't paying attention.

The Head Coach is ultimately responsible in all things basketball. Some of the blame needs to fall on Arike Mercer Assistant Director of Athletics/compliance. Not sure what her system for monitoring compliance is or if she even has one but before sending that email to SLU President one of the boxes on the old "to do" list should've been check compliance.

The basketball staff screwed up but the athletic department as a whole failed. If the school president was to be involved then this has Chris May level of visibility and no one stopped it prior to invites and leaks. Now we look dumb to all those following the #1 recruit in the nation. At least we didn't have to cancel flights and hotel reservations. Top to bottom failure by the athletic department.

Okay I should clarify, the original email I got was that the two were meeting with President Pestello but did not actually mention coaches. I think when I wrote that post I assumed he would be meeting with coaches as well.

But Justin did say that the "meeting was cancelled" yesterday due to the dead period policy. That makes me think someone screwed up...

Okay I should clarify, the original email I got was that the two were meeting with President Pestello but did not actually mention coaches. I think when I wrote that post I assumed he would be meeting with coaches as well.

If it was canceled because it was a dead period, I would assume that he was meeting with the coaches too.

Someone should be fuoking fired and I'm dead serious. I'm guessing working in the athletic department is pretty easy. Read calendars, make calls, send emails, make reservations. And you fuoked up in a completely avoidable manner in regards to the biggest recruit we ever have been and (let's be honest) ever will be in the running for.

Fuoking pathetic and embarrassing.

-not to pile on, but if we scheduled a visit, or worse visits, during a dead period that is completely avoidable and embarrassing

-as someone mentioned, outlook has a nice calendar feature where things like dead periods can be tracked, if they are put on the calendar

C'mon guys let's stop piling on what was just an honest mistake made by several coaches and dozens of staffers.

What's the worse thing that could have happened? A secondary violation like this, while serious, probably only results in game suspensions of the head coach.

How hard is it to put in your phone calendar a bunch of blocked out dates?

It isn't just like one person didn't do it either. This went unnoticed by multiple people. I get the feeling that the only reason the visits are not happening is someone saw that the visits were happening on this board. That person notified the athletic department it was a dead period. I got a feeling this board is the only thing that prevented the school from committing multiple NCAA violations.

It isn't just like one person didn't do it either. This went unnoticed by multiple people. I get the feeling that the only reason the visits are not happening is someone saw that the visits were happening on this board. That person notified the athletic department it was a dead period. I got a feeling this board is the only thing that prevented the school from committing multiple NCAA violations.

Billikens.com > SLU AD

Billikens.com > SLU AD

giphy.gif