Final Four thread

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the reason they did a no call on the flagrant foul was that none of them saw it and until Ryan demanded that they look a it they were totally unaware of why the WI player was on the floor. They just did not want to look totally stupid but not calling it after reviewing it made them look really dumb.

The last 10 minutes of that game were about as poorly officiated as possible. Only good thing is the horrible calls about balanced out and didn't decide the game. The UW players did.

I agree with this. You would think that the NCAA would put their best in Indy this weekend, but that obviously didn't occur.

UW had more poise, and UW didn't take a horrendously bad three point attempt by Harrison. What was he thinking?

Now Frank the Tank gets to go against the other potential NBA #1 pick, Okafor. Statistically he outplayed Towns. See how he handles Okafor.

The fact that UK lost only saved them from having all their wins and their National Championship taken away in a couple of years based on violations that their coaching staff has likely committed over the past couple of years-a tiger doesn't change its stripes!

Is Bill Raftery the worst BB analyst ever? He hasn't said one thing that isn't obvious.

You gotta be kidding or clueless! Bill is the absolute BEST. He adds some humor to the broadcast rather than the pompous comments made by most of the ESPN clowns. You want someone who fits your description, try Dickie V as he yells, "Windex Man," "Diaper Dandy," "You need a TO, baby," as the coach has already stood up and signaled for the timeout. Or there are Mr. I know everythings, Jay Bilas and Bill Walton. No, you can have all those guys, I don't need intense analysis. I want to be entertained and enjoy the game and BR makes that happen. I can hardy wait for his Duke,Kentucky (or whoever 'cept Cuse), MAN-TO-MAN at the beginning of each game. My basketball friends can't believe ESPN let him go to another network.

UW was coached, Kentucky was told to play!

If you watched the game last night or Kentucky at all this season you would know that statement was foolish. Is Cal the equal of Ryan when it cames to x & o's? No, but he is better than most college coaches. Plus, few have ever rivaled him in getting freshmen to buy in completely.

If you watched the game last night or Kentucky at all this season you would know that statement was foolish. Is Cal the equal of Ryan when it cames to x & o's? No, but he is better than most college coaches. Plus, few have ever rivaled him in getting freshmen to buy in completely.

But top rated freshmen are always going to "buy in" completely when they are playing with all of the other top rated freshmen. Give Calipari all of Bo's players for a four year span and see how he does, he gets way too much credit as a coach just because he can "recruit" the best 18 year olds in the world. Any D-I coach, if given that much talent at once, could get them to buy into an effective system.

Difference between Cal and Wooden? They both got the best of the day, but wooden took them to championships a lot of them, even when they were SOPHS. Still, the landscapes changed a bunch. Duke starts 3 FR just like UK, and those two schools have basically become Triple A farm teams for the NBA. Is Coach K a Wooden? Not really. But you watch UW and the development of Kamnski you got to admire Bo Ryan. No wonder UW didn't keep Uncle Brad.

The fact that UK lost only saved them from having all their wins and their National Championship taken away in a couple of years based on violations that their coaching staff has likely committed over the past couple of years-a tiger doesn't change its stripes!

Don't believe they'll do that to UK regardless of what happens. The fact he is going in the Hall of fame is evidence how little anyone cares whether or not he cheats. Seriously how does a coach who has had 2 final 4 seasons vacated get in the Hall of Fame. Great Values

Disagree, as do others. I do not buy in to Caliper is a great coach. He is a great Recruiter, but no he is not a great coach. The game I saw he was up by four with three minutes left and all his team did was try to bleed the clock and throw up prayers as the shot clock expired. No not foolish but accurate.

Coaching offense has not been Calipari's strength ever since he went down the one and done path. His teams have always been pretty good defensively though, even in the UMass days before Camby arrived on campus. But if you remember, his teams were also pretty good offensively. What changed?

It's like Calipari decided that since his UK players aren't going to be on campus very long, he'll just exploit mismatches rather than commit to an offensive system. In really close games that devolves into guys playing hero ball. Like our own version of Kentucky here on the high school level, he came up just a bit short.

I always enjoyed playing Cal's Memphis teams because he was not a good game coach and we always seemed to outwork his talent with work and attention to detail. He does not have a system, rather he just throws talent on the court and tries to manage from there. I thought UK's youth panicked down the stretch. And then three classy guys left the floor w/o even shaking hands followed by the Harrison comment on Kaminsky (ill there be riots at UK? Will Al Sharpton march in protest? When will Obama make a statement/condemn the use of bracket pools?).

His sideline antics were cajoling and begging ---- you think that is coaching? Develop talent? Willie Cauley-Stein is the same player he was four years ago. Did Josh Harrelson get better or was he aided by who was playing with him? If Larry Hughes made Baniak,Heinrich and Tatum better just by being on the same floor, what happens when five or six of those types come together?

Announcers are announcers ---- my vote for worst is Bill Walton who seems to think existential philosophy and Grateful Dead crap is enjoyed by all. Raftery is 90% entertainment and 10 % analysis. Dickie V is 100% noise ... usually Puke and Noter Damn noise. Put it on mute ---- I do.

I always enjoyed playing Cal's Memphis teams because he was not a good game coach and we always seemed to outwork his talent with work and attention to detail. He does not have a system, rather he just throws talent on the court and tries to manage from there. I thought UK's youth panicked down the stretch. And then three classy guys left the floor w/o even shaking hands followed by the Harrison comment on Kaminsky (ill there be riots at UK? Will Al Sharpton march in protest? When will Obama make a statement/condemn the use of bracket pools?).

His sideline antics were cajoling and begging ---- you think that is coaching? Develop talent? Willie Cauley-Stein is the same player he was four years ago. Did Josh Harrelson get better or was he aided by who was playing with him? If Larry Hughes made Baniak,Heinrich and Tatum better just by being on the same floor, what happens when five or six of those types come together?

Announcers are announcers ---- my vote for worst is Bill Walton who seems to think existential philosophy and Grateful Dead crap is enjoyed by all. Raftery is 90% entertainment and 10 % analysis. Dickie V is 100% noise ... usually Puke and Noter Damn noise. Put it on mute ---- I do.

As for as Cal's coaching is concerned and the things you mentioned about the analysts, I agree, especially about Vitale. He is the most annoying analyst on television. However, I do like Raftery. He catches some things happening on the court others don't catch and he seems to know basketball rules.

This is what you get when you allow European invaders on campus.

I heard they were composing and reading poems about forcibly fornicating with women. And weren't following iambic pentameter.

Tied at the half but I'm saying Duke pulls it out. Really suprised Wiscy ignored Kaminsky in the last possessions of the half.