2015 Commit - Jermaine Bishop

slufan13

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so now we have pg - as freshman how much do you really think he will play? Do we hold the other schollie for next year?

Yes. Or find a 5th yr senior or go back to Grandy or have someone else transfer. Definitely need to keep 2 for 2016.

Video highlights are like trailers for a movie; meant to tease. That said, quick release, some really good assists, can take it to the hoop and made some nice moves when he got there. First team all NYC is pretty strong, since the city has a rep for good players and it's bigger than most states. Plus, he probably played against top notch competition most of his hs career.

No pre judgegement and anxious to see where he fits in our guard rotation next year, since we already have two Soph PG's.

Video highlights are like trailers for a movie; meant to tease. That said, quick release, some really good assists, can take it to the hoop and made some nice moves when he got there. First team all NYC is pretty strong, since the city has a rep for good players and it's bigger than most states. Plus, he probably played against top notch competition most of his hs career.

No pre judgegement and anxious to see where he fits in our guard rotation next year, since we already have two Soph PG's.

It's definitely wise not to get too excited by these highlight reels, but this one struck me as looking a little more impressive than some of the other recruit videos we've seen lately.

Well, I said I wanted a PG and I also suggested that we make recruiting inroads on the East Coast, so I guess I should be happy about this commitment. Dayton got Scoochie from NYC last year and Bonawelding got a nice freshman PG from Baltimore, so hopefully we found a pg who can make an immediate contribution.

One thing I'll give JC and staff credit for is that they were decisive with this recruit. The jury is still out whether the kid will be good, but they identified a target and closed quickly. They won't still be scrambling for a PG late in the recruiting period. Also, if reports are true that all the freshmen are coming back, JC deserves some credit for avoiding a bunch of departures following a rough season. Methdale now has 5 players transferring! One of them is a 5th year senior, Jalen Pendleton... who happens to be from Evansville. You think he knows Calbert? Let the speculation begin!

Well, I said I wanted a PG and I also suggested that we make recruiting inroads on the East Coast, so I guess I should be happy about this commitment. Dayton got Scoochie from NYC last year and Bonawelding got a nice freshman PG from Baltimore, so hopefully we found a pg who can make an immediate contribution.

One thing I'll give JC and staff credit for is that they were decisive with this recruit. The jury is still out whether the kid will be good, but they identified a target and closed quickly. They won't still be scrambling for a PG late in the recruiting period. Also, if reports are true that all the freshmen are coming back, JC deserves some credit for avoiding a bunch of departures following a rough season. Methdale now has 5 players transferring! One of them is a 5th year senior, Jalen Pendleton... who happens to be from Evansville. You think he knows Calbert? Let the speculation begin!

Pendleton doesn't excite me.

It's definitely wise not to get too excited by these highlight reels, but this one struck me as looking a little more impressive than some of the other recruit videos we've seen lately.

Usually I put little to no stock in recruit videos. However, for some reason, this one impressed me. I think it was the fact that he shows an ability to pull up for mid-range jumpers. Also, it appears he has a good stroke from three and can hit it off the pass or the dribble. And, just like Skip pointed out, he is adept at using both hands when driving the lane.

Here's a little tidbit on Bishop's injury. The fact that he sat out a good portion of the summer had to have affected his recruitment:

Holy Cross (9-8, 5-5), which lost to second place Xaverian on Sunday, was in control of the game thank to the continued stellar play by senior point guard Jermaine Bishop. He scored 23 points and tallied 11 assists as he showed yet again why he is the Knights’ go-to guy.

“He leads by his actions,” Tarpey said. “Today he played very well yet again and I’m happy that he’s healthy. He’s put in a great season so far and as he goes so does this team. We ask him to do a lot for us and he does.”

Bishop’s play this year is starting to get him attention from college coaches, after he missed most of last summer’s travel season with an injury. St. Peter’s and St. Louis are both showing interest.

http://www.timesledger.com/stories/2015/5/crossmolloyhoops_tl_2015_01_30_q.html

Also, the phrase "go-to guy" seems to pop up in a lot of these articles on Bishop.

He appears to have a quick release, good court vision and a versatile game.

It's always fun to try to project based on the videos. TL looked like he was going to be really good. RA looked awesome and that cross-over dunk is the most exciting clip I have ever seen from a Billiken recruit. BJ and EW didn't look particularly good in their videos. MB and MY turned out to be about what I expected. DR exceeded his highlight video.

Based on the very limited info out there, he seems like kind of a scoring point guard.

Hopefully he can get in the lane and suck in the defense and kick out to our shooters. Something I'm not sure anyone on our team can do yet.

"our shooters" hahaha