Pecora out at Fordham

slufan13

Could be interesting as I think URI can be pretty good next year

-I can wish success for the A10, but I can't find in myself to root for Hurley, I find his sideline behavior way over the acceptable line

-I hope if he moves to StJ's he flops and Rhodey makes a good hire

If Fordham dropped a couple notches in conferences it would take them 2 seasons to make the NCAAs. And then they would make it pretty much every year. Pecora would have dominated the NEC or even Patriot league there.

• 3 weeks later...

Rick Ray Miss St and Geno Ford at Bradley have been fired, too.

Our overall record against coaches that have been fired stands at 2-4.

Also, Dickie Nutt got canned at SEMO today.

Rick Ray, former HC at Miss St got the SEMO job yesterday.

Jon Harris, former player at Marquette and Edwardsville HS, got the SIUE job last week. He was on Cuonzo's staff at Cal, TN, and Mo St.

Rick Ray, former HC at Miss St got the SEMO job yesterday.

Jon Harris, former player at Marquette and Edwardsville HS, got the SIUE job last week. He was on Cuonzo's staff at Cal, TN, and Mo St.

Both of those are good hires for those programs. Harris if he plays his cards right can start getting SIUE to the tournament.

Both of those are good hires for those programs. Harris if he plays his cards right can start getting SIUE to the tournament.

I think they were both good hires, particularly Harris. Don't know if SIUE can be a tourney regular, but it could be a program that goes maybe every 5 years.

Pushing aside Murray St and Belmont in the OVC will be tough.

SIUE has a lot of dollars at their disposal for a program at their level. Most of the schools in the OVC don't have a large metro area to draw recruits from, especially one as deep with 2 star level players as St. Louis has. The area also has a ton of JUCO programs that Harris has ties to. He just needs to up their talent level just a bit. It will be tough, Murray St really recruits well, and Byrd is one of the best coaches in America but SIUE has a lot of advantages those programs don't. It is only a matter of time before they are successful.