Lady Billikens

SluSignGuy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know where the lady bills stand in the rankings?

http://www.atlantic10.com/standings/Standings.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=31600&SPID=136229

I have barely followed - but it seems that the women's team has improved over the course of the season. They beat my ranked Lady Colonials last week.

I usually go to a couple women's games every year but have gone to more since Stone took over.

Tonight was the 4th game I have been to and was expecting just about 1000 or so fans. I got there an hour early to get a pink out shirt with my fiance and was shocked at the crowd on hand. The arena kept filling and filling. I've never seen a women's game fill up the upper sections. A tremendous effort by the Lady Bills as well. Sadie Stipanovich finished with a career high 35 points, just 2 from Lisch's single game record, and the Billikens blew away George Mason. The Lady Bills have made a habit of blowing big leads this season, a couple weeks ago they started the game up 20-0 and lost against Richmond but they didn't tonight. Record now stands at 14-13, 7-7 in league with 2 games to go. The team should have at least 3 more victories as they have blown numerous double digit wins. A good showing the rest of the way and they could be vying for an NIT berth. Jolly, Reynolds, Yarbrough, Leazer, Jett and Barnett were in attendance.

I'd encourage everyone if they have a chance to check out the women. The atmosphere is a sharp contrast to the mens games this year. They have a deep talented roster and Stipo is a star, she took a beating tonight and just kept finishing. Shot 13-15 and didn't have more than a couple clean looks at the basket without being hacked. The ladies play good D and really run the floor. Their upside reminds me of Mitchell and Reed's sophomore year, except they have more reinforcements coming in next season.

My son's school got 200 free tickets for the women's game last night. That is a good move on their part to get people to the game and show them the good time they can have. I applaud the athletic department or whoever came up with that.

Womens Volleyball had 6,106 against Penn State 09-10. I've said this many times I see a lot of similarities in program improvement year to year between the Anne Kordes volleyball teams and Lisa Stone Basketball teams

That was a fun game. It was during my feshman orientation week