PD Article: Attendance

slufan13

The headline is pretty misleading as both schools have horrible attendance at this point. I honestly wouldn't say ours is better than theirs, even if the numbers look better because we may be inflating ours. They may inflating theirs too, but bad is bad. Kind of like if someone bragged that we are 204 in the RPI while Mizzou is 221; who cares, we both still suck.

It's a brutal time to be a local college basketball fan.

p.s. I really hope to see a bunch of Post articles talking about the sorry state of SLU's program at this point. Its time for some hard questions from the media and so far May and Crews have gotten none. Strauss, Burwell and Bernie are missed when it comes to this.

I honestly wouldn't say ours is better than theirs, even if the numbers look better because we may be inflating ours.

Announced attendance for last night was in excess of 5,000. (At least in the P-D article. I'm reasonably sure the athletic department didn't have the integrity to announce the attendance during the game and hear the reaction.) I'd say "may be" = "are flagrantly."

I don't get the angst over the headline. It said SLU had an "edge" (of 570 per game, or roughly 10% over Mizzou) but questioned whether anybody at all would show up to see the two teams play. Mizzou is dead last in their conference and we're still third in ours, so it's pretty hard to argue they're not in even worse shape when it comes to attendance. And I'm just happy somebody at the P-D is noticing the sorry state of college hoops in the region, since Hochmann still hasn't written the article he's been talking about.

Announced attendance for last night was in excess of 5,000. (At least in the P-D article. I'm reasonably sure the athletic department didn't have the integrity to announce the attendance during the game and hear the reaction.) I'd say "may be" = "are flagrantly."

That includes the 1,000 tickets Hughes bought for the youth groups.

EDIT: The P-D article actually doesn't mention the attendance last night at all, but the SLU website lists it at 5,154. That's just barely more than the official count for the Morehead, GW, and Davidson games.

Forget about attendance, the important question is what kind of photos are the Post-Disgrace posting of SPUMAC players? I bet they are very flattering, while the photos of SLU players make us look bad. Just more evidence of the Commie bias at the P-D.

Forget about attendance, the important question is what kind of photos are the Post-Disgrace posting of SPUMAC players? I bet they are very flattering, while the photos of SLU players make us look bad. Just more evidence of the Commie bias at the P-D.

I was hoping for a photo of Neufeld spiking the airball away from Bishop (or whoever it was).

A whole article dedicated to inflated attendance numbers vs. what is happening on the actual basketball court... That was a disappointing read

At this point, I'll take anything from a recognized media source that says aren't going well. In my experience of seeing SLU operate, they don't like anything that publicly suggests that things aren't perfect, so my hope is that this might make people in the athletic department think.

EDIT: The P-D article actually doesn't mention the attendance last night at all, but the SLU website lists it at 5,154. That's just barely more than the official count for the Morehead, GW, and Davidson games.

Wrong P-D article.

http://bit.ly/1TV8Rzt

My estimate of the actual attendance at last night's game is 2000 -- tops. Maybe less. Like a funeral home. Snow had something to do with it. Sad to say that the majority of the 1000 tickets Larry Hughes purchased and gave away went unused, too.

The cost of doing nothing about this program must be causing budget issues in the Athletic Dept. Yes, they took the season ticket money upfront, so they may not be feeling it completely yet. They can pay now or pay later to get this program fixed.

Makes Reggie look like he doesn't even know what team he is playing for. Clearly designed to make any recruit considering SLU conclude the program is a total loss.

So they come to this board instead and...

So they come to this board instead and...

Are we supposed to deny reality? Any hopeful college basketball players interested in SLU: this program SUCKS in its current state and you will hurt your chances to play professionally by being 'developed' by Crews and his staff. Academics remain solid, but you will have a hard time if you have a tough major since apparently Jim will wear you out through practice alone.

This is a joke, people. This program sucks and Crews must go.