Rich over the Bills by 7

The Wiz

The good news is that with the decent effort against St B we moved back up to C-. The bad news is we lost a game we probably should have won..... after leading for about 95% of the time. For a post game analysis see the St. B thread.

Back to the Fetz to take on crawly things. The Spiders, like the Bonnies, are a B team.. The difference is they are a better shooting team (except for FTs...poor from the charity line). Does this mean we are doomed? Heck no. Even though they average over 48 FG% and are 19th in the nation in 3's (%), they can be beaten. How?? They don't play defense and they don't rebound. A made to order team for the Bills. Their team is pretty much this 1 guy ...Allen...Stop him and we win. Hmm this is sounding doable. But wait...don't plan on rushing the court yet...remember there is that shooting thing they have. One new thing, I would like to harp on (the harping seemed to work with TOs and dead zones) is 3 pt shooting. We don't have to shoot 40% every game but this 20% stuff is unacceptable. We need to stay in the 33% area even on bad nights.

Here is what we need to do to win....

Rich

Slash....42/32

Allen.....15pts...stop this guy

Allen.....8.... Reb, Blk,& stls.. combined total ..Did I mention ...stop him

Cline......under 50 FG%

Bills

double figure pts.....4 players

Slash.....................45/33/72

Out rebound them....you won't see me say this too often

TO..........................12

Dead zones.............0

Pts............................72.....Let's go for the Lemon80

Bottomline......Rebound, 1/3 3pt shooting, stop Allen.....No open shots for the Spiders. If we give them open shots ...we lose...by more than 7. If we take care of business, we can pull this game out of the web.. ..

They don't play defense and they don't rebound.

Yeah, Richmond is a horrible defensive team. We have a chance to put up offensive numbers like we saw against Davidson or UMass. We obviously still have to stop them, but it could be a good confidence boosting game on the offensive end for us.

The good news is that with the decent effort against St B we moved back up to C-. The bad news is we lost a game we probably should have won..... after leading for about 95% of the time. For a post game analysis see the St. B thread.

Back to the Fetz to take on crawly things. The Spiders, like the Bonnies, are a B team.. The difference is they are a better shooting team (except for FTs...poor from the charity line). Does this mean we are doomed? Heck no. Even though they average over 48 FG% and are 19th in the nation in 3's (%), they can be beaten. How?? They don't play defense and they don't rebound. A made to order team for the Bills. Their team is pretty much this 1 guy ...Allen...Stop him and we win. Hmm this is sounding doable. But wait...don't plan on rushing the court yet...remember there is that shooting thing they have. One new thing, I would like to harp on (the harping seemed to work with TOs and dead zones) is 3 pt shooting. We don't have to shoot 40% every game but this 20% stuff is unacceptable. We need to stay in the 33% area even on bad nights.

Here is what we need to do to win....

Rich

Slash....42/32

Allen.....15pts...stop this guy

Allen.....8.... Reb, Blk,& stls.. combined total ..Did I mention ...stop him

Cline......under 50 FG%

Bills

double figure pts.....4 players

Slash.....................45/33/72

Out rebound them....you won't see me say this too often

TO..........................12

Dead zones.............0

Pts............................72.....Let's go for the Lemon80

Bottomline......Rebound, 1/3 3pt shooting, stop Allen.....No open shots for the Spiders. If we give them open shots ...we lose...by more than 7. If we take care of business, we can pull this game out of the web.. ..

Appreciate the columns every game Wiz, I really do. But if I'm being honest, it's becoming harder and harder to visit this site.

Appreciate the columns every game Wiz, I really do. But if I'm being honest, it's becoming harder and harder to visit this site.

This should be a good game. As I stated in the original post, we should be able to shoot and rebound off of them. I don't think they will be beat us ....It is ours to lose. The 7 point spread is because they are a better shooting team...If we leave them alone (open) we lose....We need to play a little D..

As for the difficulty in reading game day analysis......Keep the faith...Something will happen soon...The clock is ticking.

Game summary....Grandfather of all dead zones...13.01 min with 1 basket (Neufeld slam)....ball game

With 645 left in the 1st half the Bills lead 25-20....by the time we got the next basket at 1344 of the 2nd half the score was 45-34 and the ball game was over.

Here are the numbers....

Rich......................................................projected........................actual

Slash.......................................................42/32.............................53.8/ 27.3....Double fail / pass

Allen.........................................................15pts..............................15pts.................Pass

Cline ..................................................under 50 FG%.....................66%............Double fail

Allen reb, blks, stls combined....................8.....................................4...............Double pass

Bills

Slash.............................................45/ 33/ 72..........................34.5/ 21.1/ 75......Double fail/ DF /pass

Players w/ double fig pts......................4..........................................1..................Double fail

Dead zones...........................................0..........................................1.............Double fail-due to length

TO.........................................................12.........................................11...............pass

Pts.........................................................72..........................................53..............Double Fail

Reb.................................................out rebound them.............UR-34...SLU-33....Fail

Bottomline.... We actually did a nice job on Allen...not so much on Cline.....But as you can see the breakdown was clearly on offense. For the 2nd consecutive game we have shot 4-19 from 3pt range. ..21.1%...Unacceptable and a bad enough stat to wreck any game. I ponted this stat out in the original post. I heard JC in the pre game talking about getting TOs under control...this 3 pt issue is just as serious. Needs to be fixed quickly.

I had mention in this thread (post #7) that Richmond couldn't beat us...only we could beat us...and we did

Tick...Tick...Tick

Can't believe Roby and Yarbrough are the only three point shooters above 33% for the season.

And really we have only Roby as a decent 3pt shooter as MY is a small sample size with only 23 shots this year. To make matters worse, we are the 31st worst 3pt shooting team in the nation (out of 351). In the last 2 games we have shot worse (21.1%) than Prairie View A&M the worst shooting 3 pt team in the country. This needs to be fixed quickly.

BTW....here are 7 teams worse than the Bills in 3 pt shooting....4 opp + 3 nearby...listed in worsening order

St. Fran (NY)

Ala A&M

G Mason

Mizzou

Kan St

SEMO

Bradley

-and here's testament to the pitiful state of the program, VCU played last night and it is 2pm the following day and the Wiz hasn't posted his line

-how low we have sunk

VCU will win by 35, they will come out hungry since the loss to UMass last night. BTW, VCU will not be as tired as our Billikens eventhough they will be playing their 2nd game in approx. 48 hours.

-and here's testament to the pitiful state of the program, VCU played last night and it is 2pm the following day and the Wiz hasn't posted his line

-how low we have sunk

LOL....I had an early morning meeting today...I do have a life outside Billiken World..,.The spread will be up tonight...Glad to see someone is still reading the threads.

LOL....I had an early morning meeting today...I do have a life outside Billiken World..,.The spread will be up tonight...Glad to see someone is still reading the threads.

-Wiz, wasn't taking a shot at you but at the state of the program, I do read your stuff and thanks for it

I always read it. Im liking the "tick tick tick" and other indications of crews' impending depature. I wish you would factor in the "Crews suckage" factor into the statistics. More analysis of how awful Jim Crews is as a coach. Fire Jim Crews.