Three Years Ago Tonight

bomble

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The DE look. The stone cold stare. There is nobody on this current team with the kind of drive he had. Nobody.

Dwayne was so serious sometimes I wondered if he was really having fun out there. Dwayne was such a great player and it was fun to watch Dwayne smile when he helped cut down the net when they won the A10 tournament. Like Anthony Bonner Dwayne will always be one of my favorites all time.

The picture of Roosevelt Jones is funny because he seems like he has played forever.

Should have played Memories over the video. Now the question is how long to get back to the good recently passed days. Those games were certainly fun to watch on TV. Jumping and hollering like I was there at the Fetz. Today, it's a struggle just to sit thru a whole game and it's done with way more apathy than enthusiasm.

Speaking of Butler, wasn't there a rumor that Rotnei Clarke was going to transfer to SLU when he was leaving Arkansas, but Anderson told him he couldn't transfer to a school in Missouri? I thought I remembered reading that on here years ago. If that was true, how good would that team have been if you added possibly the best 3-point shooter in the country?

It all comes down to recruiting when you watch the good times pasts. One recruiting class made such a big difference, MM, DE, RL, JJ and of course there were several other pieces that made it all work but when you look at what those four did in their senior year I just do not see that type of level being achieved by the 6 sophomores, I hope I am wrong.

It all comes down to recruiting when you watch the good times pasts. One recruiting class made such a big difference, MM, DE, RL, JJ and of course there were several other pieces that made it all work but when you look at what those four did in their senior year I just do not see that type of level being achieved by the 6 sophomores, I hope I am wrong.

It takes 2 classes. I don't think that 2010 class happens without the Conklin/Mitchell/Reed/Cassity foundation in place. Conklin held the program together during the turmoil of that fall.

You need trailblazers like Conklin and Mitchell - fearless underdogs with a chip on their shoulder - to come in and set the tone for everyone else.

Speaking of Butler, wasn't there a rumor that Rotnei Clarke was going to transfer to SLU when he was leaving Arkansas, but Anderson told him he couldn't transfer to a school in Missouri? I thought I remembered reading that on here years ago. If that was true, how good would that team have been if you added possibly the best 3-point shooter in the country?

Yes, I believe his sister played volleyball at SLU. Reportedly, Anderson didn't allow him to go to a school in "Missouri" presumably to prevent him from going to SPUMAC, but unfortunately it also impacted us.

It takes 2 classes. I don't think that 2010 class happens without the Conklin/Mitchell/Reed/Cassity foundation in place. Conklin held the program together during the turmoil of that fall.

You need trailblazers like Conklin and Mitchell - fearless underdogs with a chip on their shoulder - to come in and set the tone for everyone else.

You need to really stack the talent. You really need to go eight to nine deep with talented players. For all the crap a guy like Cassity took on here, he was a pretty damn good basketball player. He would at a minimum be the second best basketball player on this current roster.

You need to really stack the talent. You really need to go eight to nine deep with talented players. For all the crap a guy like Cassity took on here, he was a pretty damn good basketball player. He would at a minimum be the second best basketball player on this current roster.

Pass first wing, always played hard on D, could knock down an open shot, and understood spacing on the offensive end.

Underrated player for sure. Wasn't the scorer I think a lot of people (myself included) wanted him to be, but did everything that was asked of him and was a stabilizing force alongside Conklin during the turmoil of the 2010-11 season.