WTG Women's Team

SluSignGuy

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not necessarily. When you can usually get tickets for free how often do you feel like paying for the same tickets.

Right now the women's team probably generates very little in ticket revenue. If giving away tickets results in thousands of fans, it is a good thing. It's all about getting people to their product at this point.

Men's basketball would be a terrible idea because there is a market for those.

Right now the women's team probably generates very little in ticket revenue. If giving away tickets results in thousands of fans, it is a good thing. It's all about getting people to their product at this point.

Men's basketball would be a terrible idea because there is a market for those.

Yeah. People cant wait to get in there to see us get drubbed by 0-4 George Mason.

• 2 weeks later...

The women went on the road last night and clubbed George Mason to go to 17-4 on the season.

They are currently in 2nd place in the A10, 7-1 in conference, along with the Bonnies. GW is in first at 8-0.

The women travel to DC on Sunday to take on the first place and borderline top 25 Colonials.

SLU's RPI before this last road win was sitting at 87, per the NCAA website. Sagarin has them at 86.

This is probably the best women's team of my SLU lifetime. They will only lose 2 seniors next year as well, although both are rotation players.

The women went on the road last night and clubbed George Mason to go to 17-4 on the season.

They are currently in 2nd place in the A10, 7-1 in conference, along with the Bonnies. GW is in first at 8-0.

The women travel to DC on Sunday to take on the first place and borderline top 25 Colonials.

SLU's RPI before this last road win was sitting at 87, per the NCAA website. Sagarin has them at 86.

This is probably the best women's team of my SLU lifetime. They will only lose 2 seniors next year as well, although both are rotation players.

-I wish the game on Sunday was on tv, if on the web I'll try to view

-I need to get to a home game

-Go SLU Lady Billikens!!!

I don't know that I'd call Jamesia Price a rotation player. She's 2nd on the team in minutes, 3rd in scoring, 2nd in assists and 1st in steals. Denisha Womack maybe, but even she is 5th in minutes, 2nd in rebounding and 4th in scoring. It does however appear that Womack's minutes are going down a little and Aliiah Covington and Olivia J's seem to be going up. I'm looking forward to making at least another game this year

RPI doesn't look high enough at the moment since their OOC schedule was so soft. Still got games against Duquense, St. Bona, GW, and Dayton, which are all in the RPI Top 50 at the moment. I'd say getting 3 of those 4 and avoiding any other bad losses is a must. My hunch is that the team is better than its RPI, but didn't play the schedule to prove it.

RPI doesn't look high enough at the moment since their OOC schedule was so soft. Still got games against Duquense, St. Bona, GW, and Dayton, which are all in the RPI Top 50 at the moment. I'd say getting 3 of those 4 and avoiding any other bad losses is a must. My hunch is that the team is better than its RPI, but didn't play the schedule to prove it.

I think SLU still can lose one more game, win a game or two in the conference tourney and get an at-large. They do need more big wins so winning over St. Bona, Holy Spirit, and Dayton will give them a better profile. St. Bona and Duquesne have excellent records and will boost the RPI (particularly winning at St. Bona). The problem is a game like Dayton--they have a good RPI but not a great record (hard schedule); so it will be tough to win at Dayton with less of a pay-off RPI-wise. Anyway, I may do some formal bracketologizing soon.

Also, WNIT is 64 teams. They just have to avoid a collapse to get a shot (the team who finishes best of teams not in NCAA for the A-10 gets an automatic and right now that would be SLU).

I just went to slubillikens.com and was greeted by a photo of a large breasted tennis player, so good for us allowing women to play sports.

Ihad to look at this. Madison Cook is nice. The whole women's team is strong. I may attend some matches.

Looks like they play next Wednesday at 11 a.m. Might be fun.

They also play a day game on President's Day, Feb. 15.

Is the parking garage open for Chaifetz parking for these matinees? I park on the street for night games but the meters are limited to 2 hours so that won't work for me for a day game. OR, can an MBM park in the VIP lot behind the arena for women's games?

Is the parking garage open for Chaifetz parking for these matinees? I park on the street for night games but the meters are limited to 2 hours so that won't work for me for a day game. OR, can an MBM park in the VIP lot behind the arena for women's games?

Usually, the Weber lot is open to the public for $5.00 for a women's game. I don't know about a week day, sorry.

I think SLU still can lose one more game, win a game or two in the conference tourney and get an at-large. They do need more big wins so winning over St. Bona, Holy Spirit, and Dayton will give them a better profile. St. Bona and Duquesne have excellent records and will boost the RPI (particularly winning at St. Bona). The problem is a game like Dayton--they have a good RPI but not a great record (hard schedule); so it will be tough to win at Dayton with less of a pay-off RPI-wise. Anyway, I may do some formal bracketologizing soon.

Also, WNIT is 64 teams. They just have to avoid a collapse to get a shot (the team who finishes best of teams not in NCAA for the A-10 gets an automatic and right now that would be SLU).

I just did a more formal estimate of what it would take to get up to RPI that gets SLU consideration by the committee and I am a slightly more pessimistic than I was above. It would be possible to win out and then go 1-1 in the tourney and not get an at-large bid based solely on RPI (it may only get them to around 50). However, winning out would give them an excellent profile (two possible top 5 road wins and excellent top 50 record with a more mediocre top 100 record as well as great down the stretch record) so they would likely be selected. This means that 22-6 and 1-1 would be more tenuous than I thought above--it would largely be deep bubble so could go either way. That also means that 22-6, 2-1 would have a pretty good chance of getting them in.

The big picture is that with their RPI of 84 they have a ways to go. They have difficult games at St. Bona and Dayton as well as a tough home game against Duquesne. Win them all and they will likely be dancing but even 20-8 and then 1-1 in tourney stretch and they will be hanging on to an NIT spot (guaranteed if they finish the conference 4th and the top 3 teams go to the NCAA). So 24-7 (23-7 maybe) or better gets them in NCAA and 21-9 or better in NIT.

I just did a more formal estimate of what it would take to get up to RPI that gets SLU consideration by the committee and I am a slightly more pessimistic than I was above. It would be possible to win out and then go 1-1 in the tourney and not get an at-large bid based solely on RPI (it may only get them to around 50). However, winning out would give them an excellent profile (two possible top 5 road wins and excellent top 50 record with a more mediocre top 100 record as well as great down the stretch record) so they would likely be selected. This means that 22-6 and 1-1 would be more tenuous than I thought above--it would largely be deep bubble so could go either way. That also means that 22-6, 2-1 would have a pretty good chance of getting them in.

The big picture is that with their RPI of 84 they have a ways to go. They have difficult games at St. Bona and Dayton as well as a tough home game against Duquesne. Win them all and they will likely be dancing but even 20-8 and then 1-1 in tourney stretch and they will be hanging on to an NIT spot (guaranteed if they finish the conference 4th and the top 3 teams go to the NCAA). So 24-7 (23-7 maybe) or better gets them in NCAA and 21-9 or better in NIT.

Just stop with this nonsense

The Billikens are slaughtering Richmond right now 65-39. About 5 minutes left. Watch here if you're bored at work like me. http://www.atlantic10.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27200&&db_oem_id=31600&mid=80412

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=103673

It is nice watching a Billiken basketball team execute a game plan and crush an inferior opponent.