#FireJimCrews

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was occasional booing. There was also some guy in 108 who was about to have a stroke yelling at Crews (and I don't even think it was anyone from the board).

I know who you are talking about he sits a couple rows in front of me. He would yell at crews when we were on our 19 game win streak 2 years ago. His son and daughter always look so embarrassed

For me there were a few highlights:

First, the end of the first half. The 3 pointer that appeared to end the half. The timeout called by the coach who never calls timeouts. Time added on. The drawn up play with the double pass that resulted in the interception and 3/4 court shot made. It was just so bad it was kind of funny.

Second, as the clock was running down at the end of the game, there was a guy one section away who just screamed from his seat, "They're 2 and 7!!" He had just had it, and it so greatly exemplified the awfulness that was this game, as well as what so many others had to be thinking.

First, the end of the first half. The 3 pointer that appeared to end the half. The timeout called by the coach who never calls timeouts. Time added on. The drawn up play with the double pass that resulted in the interception and 3/4 court shot made. It was just so bad it was kind of funny.

Second, as the clock was running down at the end of the game, there was a guy one section away who just screamed from his seat, "They're 2 and 7!!" He had just had it, and it so greatly exemplified the awfulness that was this game, as well as what so many others had to be thinking.

ONE of those two wins (prior to tonight) was Harris-Stowe.

Bump.

DeSmet, I also thought the timeout backfiring was just unbelievable. The guy who always chooses "lose" over "use" when it comes to timeouts, and his (shockingly!) misguided inbounds play backfires and leads to 6 points in 2 seconds on crazy 3-pointers - which wound up pretty much being the difference in the game. Granted, Tanner may have drawn it up, but it doesn't matter. It was the current state of this program in a nutshell.

Second, as the clock was running down at the end of the game, there was a guy one section away who just screamed from his seat, "They're 2 and 7!!" He had just had it, and it so greatly exemplified the awfulness that was this game, as well as what so many others had to be thinking.I actually thought our double pass play was well drawn up.