2015-2016 Prediction Thread

moytoy12

2015-16 W/L Predictions  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the Billikens win this year?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for context, there have only been three underclassmen-dominated Billiken teams in the past 25 years who have finished 2 or more games above .500. One of those teams had a one and doner. Another had an all-conference center on it.

A really young Billiken team winning 17 games is a pretty big deal.

Way tougher schedule prior to joining the A-10 and the Ian-LIsch-Liddell-team was playing practically short-handed. While the talent at the top was superior, I think this team has far more depth than that one.

I liken this team more to the CBI one than anything else, just not quite as good.

Because the last cover has obviously been blown, I placed my projection PM into the triple-secret, double-dawg-dare-you file where no one can know if I've done it again or not except those secret friends who "got it," if that indeed did happen.

Any win over last year's 11 would be an improvement. Any road win in the A10 would be an improvement. The development of a point guard and rebounding would be an improvement. A .500 season locks Crews in for next year. Yay!

Wins: Hartford, SIU-E, St. Francis, Morehead, AL A&M, SIU-C, A10 home games with Mason and Fordham.

Losses: Louisville, Wichita State, KState, all A10 road games, home A10 games against VCU, Davidson, Dayton and the Bonnies

50/50 games: home against North Florida, TN-Martin, Indiana State, GeeDubya, Umass, Duquesne and Richmond.

Right there, if this were scored like hockey standings, I got 8 - 16 - 7. Let's see what we find out in the OOC. Deaux.

Because the last cover has obviously been blown, I placed my projection PM into the triple-secret, double-dawg-dare-you file where no one can know if I've done it again or not except those secret friends who "got it," if that indeed did happen.

Any win over last year's 11 would be an improvement. Any road win in the A10 would be an improvement. The development of a point guard and rebounding would be an improvement. A .500 season locks Crews in for next year. Yay!

Wins: Hartford, SIU-E, St. Francis, Morehead, AL A&M, SIU-C, A10 home games with Mason and Fordham.

Losses: Louisville, Wichita State, KState, all A10 road games, home A10 games against VCU, Davidson, Dayton and the Bonnies

50/50 games: home against North Florida, TN-Martin, Indiana State, GeeDubya, Umass, Duquesne and Richmond.

Right there, if this were scored like hockey standings, I got 8 - 16 - 7. Let's see what we find out in the OOC. Deaux.

You have us with 7 ties? Pretty lame, Taj.

Realistic version:

Hartford: W
@SIUE: W

St. Francis: W

N. Florida: L

vs. Louisville: L

Morehead St: W

Wichita St: L

Alabama A&M: W
TN-Martin: W

Indiana St: W
SIUC: W

@K St: L

@RI: L

GW: L
VCU: L

@Duq: W
GM: L

Dav: L

@UMass: L

@Day: L

Duq: W

@StB: L

Rich: L

@VCU: L

@GM: L

Ford: W

Day: W

@SJ: L

@LaS: L

StB: W

8-4 non-con, 5-13 A-10, 0-1 in A-10 tourney, 13-18 overall.

Super-optimistic version would be beating North Florida, Saint Joe's, and one random A-10 upset to make it to 16-15 or 16-16.

Would that record get us into the NIT?

Yeah, it probably won't. Based on last season's SOS, an 18-12 regular season record and one win in the A-10 would have registered an RPI ~110. I can't imagine this season's SOS is much, if any, better.

Also, I noticed I boldly predicted numerous times during the conference season that the Bills would win 20 games, make the NIT and be on the NCAA bubble. The only way that can really happen is if they actually win 20 regular season games and at least one conference tourney contest. Therefore, I'll revise my prediction so it doesn't seem like I'm hedging from what I said a few months ago.

20-10 regular season (9-3 non conf/11-7 conference)

1-1 A10 tourney

1-1 NIT

Total record: 22-12

Boys --- not once did I use the word "tie" in my post. I believe I called them 50/50 games. I did say my prediction/projection was listed "like hockey standings." I guess you want to place that as justification for the use of the word tie, so go ahead but last I checked, ties were no longer in vogue even in jockey, and I meant NHL but was not specific either. Isn't that now "overtime losses?" Aren't all games decided with overtime and if needed a shoot out? But you go ahead and claim I called them ties.

(P.S. == Spoiler alert!! Don't be shocked but every basketball game we play this year will have a winner and a loser. Can I call that a prediction/projection of mine?)

I've always said, re-examine the trends. I've always said, gather the preponderance of evidence and check fire and adjust accordingly. I've always said you re-examine after the OOC schedule is done, recongizing that its not quite a true representation because of so many "buy" games. I've always said the conference season is much more difficult as then the opponents know you and what you do. Case in point: a lot of the A10 knew to shut Yarbrough down last year for guarnateed success against us. For those that attack Joel Welser an dthe Top 144, aren't our predictions along this same line. Seems somewhat hypocritical.

The starting point for this team to me is this: last year's team was bad, record-wise; the talent did not measure up to their press clippings; Crews' in-game moves were puzzling at best; the incoming freshmen are unknowns; we were an abject failure for winning on the road; questions remain over the point, the rebounding, the scoring/shooting and the defense; and then the Bahamas were a puzzling play to say the least that saw a walk-on play a lot, the highest rated recruit on the roster not, rising sophomores doing the same bonehead plays they pulled as fuzzy-faced freshmen last year and we lost to the Cabana boys in one game. .

Bring on the dog and pony show. Deaux.

Boys --- not once did I use the word "tie" in my post. I believe I called them 50/50 games. I did say my prediction/projection was listed "like hockey standings." I guess you want to place that as justification for the use of the word tie, so go ahead but last I checked, ties were no longer in vogue even in jockey, and I meant NHL but was not specific either. Isn't that now "overtime losses?" Aren't all games decided with overtime and if needed a shoot out? But you go ahead and claim I called them ties.

So you think we are going to have 7 losses in overtime? that is what "like hockey standings" mean.

We all get that there are toss-up games. Just go ahead and put down a single estimate of how many of those toss-up games you think we are going to win and come up with a final number.

It's really quite easy. I'll do it for you if you like. If you say we will win 3 toss-up games then you'll have our final record at 11-20. Which is a fine prediction/projection. I'm just hopeful you'll put out a single number so there won't be any "i told you so's" next year based on predictions/projections that nobody actually saw (like last year) or are so sufficiently vague than anybody could be correct with (like you have done so far this year).

A single estimate is all we ask!

(P.S. == Spoiler alert!! Don't be shocked but every basketball game we play this year will have a winner and a loser. Can I call that a prediction/projection of mine?)

I've always said, re-examine the trends. I've always said, gather the preponderance of evidence and check fire and adjust accordingly. I've always said you re-examine after the OOC schedule is done, recongizing that its not quite a true representation because of so many "buy" games. I've always said the conference season is much more difficult as then the opponents know you and what you do. Case in point: a lot of the A10 knew to shut Yarbrough down last year for guarnateed success against us. For those that attack Joel Welser an dthe Top 144, aren't our predictions along this same line. Seems somewhat hypocritical.

The starting point for this team to me is this: last year's team was bad, record-wise; the talent did not measure up to their press clippings; Crews' in-game moves were puzzling at best; the incoming freshmen are unknowns; we were an abject failure for winning on the road; questions remain over the point, the rebounding, the scoring/shooting and the defense; and then the Bahamas were a puzzling play to say the least that saw a walk-on play a lot, the highest rated recruit on the roster not, rising sophomores doing the same bonehead plays they pulled as fuzzy-faced freshmen last year and we lost to the Cabana boys in one game. .

Bring on the dog and pony show. Deaux.

i got a different set of rules of my own. you wanna hear them? here dey go...

1. sometimes when you win, you really lose.
  2. and sometimes when you lose, you really win.
  3. and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie.
  4. and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose.
  5. winning and losing is all one organic globule.

I am looking forward to our point guard by committee set up this year. It should work well.

Little disappointing that nobody stands out after last year and a summer of workouts and practices. Also is Crews already writing off the idea of someone stepping up and taking the point guard spot?

Our best teams always had multiple guys who can handle the ball so having multiple guys isn't bad, but all our best players this year all play the 2/3.

The biggest thing I wanted to see this year was the rotation cut down to 8 maybe 9 guys and for guys to not get yanked after every mistake. I don't think we're trending that way.

Little disappointing that nobody stands out after last year and a summer of workouts and practices. Also is Crews already writing off the idea of someone stepping up and taking the point guard spot.

Bartley never got a chance to stand out because he was injured. Bishop is our most skilled point guard but he will need a couple of months to adapt to this level. This window may be the last chance for Reynolds to shine. If he can't beat out Bishop I'm not sure where his minutes are going to come from next season.