2015-2016 Prediction Thread

moytoy12

2015-16 W/L Predictions  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the Billikens win this year?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16-14 regular season

1-1 A-10

1-1 CBI

p.s. hopefully there aren't any "told you so's" at the end of the year from people that only share their predictions/projections in double secret PMs. Amazingly that occurred last year!

8-4 sounds about right again for the non conference. Improvement in the record will have to come in conference play. The optimist in me hopes we can double the conference win total. 14-16 feels about right for the ceiling for this team.

The ceiling? ouch.

The players sure should be able to use the "no one believes in us" battle cry in the locker room. Man, I hope they come out ready.

Still running my Monte Carlo simulation over here...I will be back to you shortly

I honestly could see 10 wins or 18 wins but a slight revision from my prediction last month, I'll say 14 regular season wins. Again, the win total won't bother me as much as how we actually look and are ranked by the Sagarins and Pomeroys of the world. Last year's team won 11 games but they looked/were ranked like a 5 win team.

The ceiling? ouch.

The players sure should be able to use the "no one believes in us" battle cry in the locker room. Man, I hope they come out ready.

Still running my Monte Carlo simulation over here...I will be back to you shortly

I just don't see how they are going to add to the noncon win total from last year. While I don't think it is a daunting noncon schedule, I do think it is tougher than last year's and there is one less game.

This team winning 14 games would actually be a pretty big improvement from last season.

The North Florida game will tell us a lot. That game should give us a good gauge of how good we are. If we are any good at all, we beat North Florida at home. Of course if we dump one before that, get ready for global board meltdown. However, if we can beat North Florida at home, I and everyone else will be pleasantly optimistic.

I honestly could see 10 wins or 18 wins but a slight revision from my prediction last month, I'll say 14 regular season wins. Again, the win total won't bother me as much as how we actually look and are ranked by the Sagarins and Pomeroys of the world. Last year's team won 11 games but they looked/were ranked like a 5 win team.

That is where I am at too. Put me down for 14 regular season wins. I don't have a good feel for the talent of our roster nor most of the teams on our schedule, so this prediction is really uninformed.

The North Florida game will tell us a lot. That game should give us a good gauge of how good we are. If we are any good at all, we beat North Florida at home. Of course if we dump one before that, get ready for global board meltdown. However, if we can beat North Florida at home, I and everyone else will be pleasantly optimistic.

Agreed. UNF is a very solid basketball team. I saw them play a lot last year here in Jacksonville. They lost one significant player from their conference championship run and can really shoot lights out. They are very well coached and they took out Purdue on the road last year. Still we have way more talent and should beat them.

I don't think games that early in the season are necessarily predictive of anything. A young team can lose to a good team at home in November and beat a comparable team two months later. Happens all the time.

I don't think games that early in the season are necessarily predictive of anything. A young team can lose to a good team at home in November and beat a comparable team two months later. Happens all the time.

Or the opposite (see Indiana St last year).

I don't think we'll have any indication on our team until we get into A10 play. But I know I'll be at the top of the overreaction committee in November either way.

If anything the team should benefit from the head start it got in the Bahamas in the early part of the season. Multiple people have done studies on the benefits these trips have on a team's record, especially in the early part of the season. The benefits of that trip should outweigh the team's youth at that point of the season.