Zeke Moore - 2016 Commit

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't realize SLU was such a big name on the recruiting trail that 6'6 guards who can handle and shoot are considered a reach.

We'll see. You seem to think he's a player and other people on this board don't think he is. I guess I didn't realize SLU had fallen so far that they're taking commitments from 2 stars 11 months before they need to fill the roster.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/5289129/highlights/258460375/v2

Crappy cell phone video of his game at Berkeley HS this past season. He doesn't do much except hit pull-up threes here. Still trying to find more footage on him...

-i didn't watch the video but your second sentence gets me very interested in a very good way

-can we let this potential "family issue" appear regrading SLU before we freak out about it? if it appears then go bat crap crazy but the Slaten comparison is not the best for anyone

I called it about 2 days ago that I expected a commitment soon. This staff does work quick. You might not agree with the results but they do get results.

6'6 SG Son of a Coach? Sounds good, hope it turns out well.

Welcome Zeke

No more Oregons get those shooters

I am glad we landed a player who, seemingly, has high potential. I think his upside is pretty good purely based on his size and skill set. Will he realize that potential at SLU? Who knows...but I certainly hope so.

I think a lot of our fanbase's problem with landing guys like Moore is that Crews doesn't have the track record of developing mid-level prospects. When Majerus landed 2 and 3-star guys there was a fairly high degree of confidence that he could coach these type of players up on a consistent basis (or cut them loose). At this point, Crews hasn't displayed that level of prowess yet, and thus the grumblings...I hope that perception changes this season

Also, I can't help but feel that we've somewhat 'wasted' the goodwill that we earned through back-to-back-to-back Tourney wins. Our recruiting over the last several years hasn't yielded higher ranked players. I know, I know, rankings aren't everything, but just once I'd like to land a guy who isn't 'flying under the radar'.

I heard Duke called earlier this week

Must have been the intern prank calling...similar to the one they pulled on Grandy.

Based on what people have said both on the board and off, I'd compare him to a longer, slightly better Bartley with family members that could eventually lead to problems.

Definitely a wait and see type guy. If he puts in the effort on and off the court and isn't influenced by family members, he could be a steal.

Any idea what they are looking for with the last scholarship?

We'll see. You seem to think he's a player and other people on this board don't think he is. I guess I didn't realize SLU had fallen so far that they're taking commitments from 2 stars 11 months before they need to fill the roster.

SLU has always been getting commitments from 2 or 3 star guys. This isn't a fall at all and certainly not a "fallen so far..."

SLU has always been getting commitments from 2 or 3 star guys. This isn't a fall at all and certainly not a "fallen so far..."

Apparently my expecations after our recent run of success are too high. I figured we'd go after local 2 star guys with definite baggage as a last resort. Not as our first commitment months ahead of time.

Id assume a SF.

If this dude is a legit 6'6 he should be able to defend at the 3

So maybe that gives more flexibility on the last spot.

If this dude is a legit 6'6 he should be able to defend at the 3

So maybe that gives more flexibility on the last spot.

I was thinking more of a True 3 in the sense of someone who could slide to the 4 if need be.

Apparently my expecations after our recent run of success are too high. I figured we'd go after local 2 star guys with definite baggage as a last resort. Not as our first commitment months ahead of time.

It was demonstrated in another thread that it takes a much longer run of success than 3 years (and 3 total wins in the NCAAs) to jump up a recruiting level. Another complicating factor for SLU is that they lost their coach during their successful run as well. Heck, Butler went to two straight national title games, moved to the Big East, and they were/are still largely recruiting 3 star guys.

I also just want to point out that star ratings mean very little. I'd assume give him a chance before writing him off.

It was demonstrated in another thread that it takes a much longer run of success than 3 years (and 3 total wins in the NCAAs) to jump up a recruiting level. Another complicating factor for SLU is that they lost their coach during their successful run as well. Heck, Butler went to two straight national title games, moved to the Big East, and they were/are still largely recruiting 3 star guys.

I also just want to point out that star ratings mean very little. I'd assume give him a chance before writing him off.

I give every recruit a chance. Just seems like a little early to go for a 2 star with baggage is all I'm saying.

And yes it definitely takes a long time to reach that level. But you also don't reach that level by following up a great 3 year stretch with 11 wins, a dead last finish, and more 2 star recruits.

So you'd gladly give Crews a pass if he committed to an MVC school and had an 1000 point career there? I remember one past coach who was crucified for that mistake.

So you'd gladly give Crews a pass if he committed to an MVC school and had an 1000 point career there? I remember one past coach who was crucified for that mistake.

Absolutely. First of all a 1000 point career in the MVC doesn't mean he'd be a 1000 point kid here. Second of all, a kid with baggage and clear question marks (transfer, academics at Riverview) will probably still be available down the line. It's a panic/desperation move.

I find that argument amusing anyway because you could say the exact same thing about Barnes except that he could of brought us Tatum.

Absolutely. First of all a 1000 point career in the MVC doesn't mean he'd be a 1000 point kid here. Second of all, a kid with baggage and clear question marks (transfer, academics at Riverview) will probably still be available down the line. It's a panic/desperation move.

I find that argument amusing anyway because you could say the exact same thing about Barnes except that he could of brought us Tatum.

We were never getting Tatum.

I called it about 2 days ago that I expected a commitment soon. This staff does work quick. You might not agree with the results but they do get results.

That's true. Every commitment comes from a player we just hear about a day or two before. And the guys we work for months or years don't come here. It's weird.

As for the results, I don't want to remind you about last season's numbers. They were results, of a kind. I agree that they were results. I disagree with those results having much value. Handing in your test to the teacher first doesn't mean you're getting an A.

It's a panic desperation move is your conclusion based on your 2 minutes of research mostly on this site. Good stuff