Recruiting - 2014

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben Weixlmann tweeted this earlier this morning:

@BWeixScout: New offer out in the 2014 class for #SLU. Details on http://t.co/68hEyqvofX.

Any thoughts on who it could be?

Whoever Jolly wants as support for a 4 yr title run

I can tell you this local kid has been working out at Simon with the team: from what I saw I sure would offer...

Ikenna Okwarabizie (Ike); Position C, PF; Ht/Wt 6'11"/245; School: St. Louis Christian Academy Cougars

Reggie A. is also on campus working out. Ike is bigger, with longer arms -- that kid is going to be seriously imposing 2-3 years down the road.

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't Ikenna already hold an offer?

I think ESPN has him as their 12th or so rated center in his class

Yeah im pretty sure he has an offer. He spends a lot of time on campus so hopefully that helps down the road. The big schools are going to be coming soon, we are going to have to fend them off

DoctorB, on 21 May 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

I can tell you this local kid has been working out at Simon with the team: from what I saw I sure would offer...

Ikenna Okwarabizie (Ike); Position C, PF; Ht/Wt 6'11"/245; School: St. Louis Christian Academy Cougars

Reggie A. is also on campus working out. Ike is bigger, with longer arms -- that kid is going to be seriously imposing 2-3 years down the road.

he is the starting center on the eagles. he is a beast. i suspect the eagles exposure gets him seen by the big boys. but heck yeah get him. his backup with the eagles is the kid justin diecker that i have been pining for billiken attention, however, i recognize that okwarabizie is the better potential. heck get both. it would be our mourning/mutombo.

slu72, on 21 May 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

Question: Would Austin even consider us? I think we've offered him.

what i am anticipating to be the problem with austin is that cahokia is closing all sports. the rumor is that austin is being recruited to move to chicago to play his senior season. if that is true, someone has already street agenting the kid. we wont win that. but austin is a player.

billiken_roy, on 21 May 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

what i am anticipating to be the problem with austin is that cahokia is closing all sports. the rumor is that austin is being recruited to move to chicago to play his senior season. if that is true, someone has already street agenting the kid. we wont win that. but austin is a player.

wait i may be confuing the discussion. i am talking about the power forward darius austin at cahokia. you are probably talking about the springfield point guard, larry austin? if so, i know nothing about larry austin's summer or college intentions.

Question: Would Austin even consider us? I think we've offered him.

Are you talking about Larry Austin, Darius Austin, or Austin Gillmann?

Did we decide that we should use First Letter and Last name as the official Billikens.com naming convention?

Darius Austin is a guy who started as a big prospect but has really faded. Reddick and probably C.J. Rivers have both probably passed him as east side talents.

Larry Austin Jr. would be a monster get for the program.

Darius Austin was hurt a lot. Trust me if healthy he would still be the player opponent coaches feared for cahokia

The list is still in progress. Please help me out on filling in details, offer lists, etc. - too much to keep track of by myself (and keep a job).

2014 Offer List:

Ore Arogundade: St. Viator, Arlington Heights, IL - SG: 6-3, 180. Offers: SLU, Creighton, SIUC, Murray State, Drake, Loyola-Chicago, San Jose State, Wright State, Toledo, Northern Illinois, San Francisco, Utah State. Interest: DePaul, Wichita State, Missouri State, Oregon State, Santa Clara. Twitter: @OreAro_23

Darius Austin: Cahokia HS, Cahokia, IL - SF: 6-6, 200. Offers: SLU, DePaul, UMKC. Interest: Illinois, Mizzou, Michigan, Xavier, Cincinnati, Iowa, Tennessee. Twitter: @DariusAustin23

Larry Austin, Jr.: Lanphier, Springfield, IL - PG: 6-1, 165. Offers: SLU, Mizzou, Illinois, DePaul, Memphis, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Wake Forest, Iowa, Bradley, SMU, Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Interest: Butler, Ohio State, Tennessee, Stanford, Harvard. Twitter: @_LarryAustin2_

Jordan Barnett: CBC, St. Louis, MO - SF: 6-7, 185. Offers: SLU, Mizzou, Butler, Purdue, Florida, Michigan State, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Iowa, Iowa State, Stanford, Harvard. Interest: UNC, SIUC. Latest (5/22): Barnett mentioned that UNC had shown interest and been in contact several times. On 5/22, UNC got a commitment from 5-star SF Theo Pinson, which may lead them to back off Barnett. Previous: SLU and St. Louis Eagles alum Larry Hughes spoke to Barnett's Eagles team after a loss in Dallas on 5/16.

Malek Harris: Carl Sandburg, Orland Park, IL - SF: 6-7, 200. Offers: SLU, Marquette, Creighton, DePaul, Iowa, Kansas State, Auburn, Oregon State, Illinois State, Miami-Ohio, Norfolk State. Interest: Illinois, Indiana, Louisville, Purdue, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Miami, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Dayton, Providence, Loyola-Chicago, Ball State, UC-Irvine. Latest (5/21): Harris is starting to blow up. Twitter: @24_MoneyTeam_10

J.P. Macura: Lakeville North, Lakeville, MN - SG: 6-5, 185. Offers: SLU, Creighton, Dayton, Kansas State, Drake, North Dakota, North Dakota State, Northern Colorado, Vermont, South Dakota, South Dakota State, New Mexico State, Utah State, Toledo, Wyoming, Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Interest: Indiana, Wisconsin, Florida State, Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, NC State, Boston College, Providence, Nebraska-Omaha. Latest (5/21): After a number of offers from smaller schools (he must have played in tournaments all over the Great Plains based on his offer list), Macura has had a couple huge AAU tournaments (including the recent adidas VIP Exclusive Run) and is hitting the radar of Big Ten, Big 12, and ACC schools. He has shown a high-level 3-point shooting ability. Twitter: @jpmacura

Logan McLane: Greenfield School, Wilson, NC - PF: 6-8, 210. Offers: SLU, Seton Hall, Miami-Ohio, UNC-Asheville, UNC-Greensboro, Buffalo, Winthrop, Mercer. Latest (5/21): McLane gives some reasons why he likes his current list of offers. Twitter: @LMcLane4

Sean O’Mara: Benet Academy, Lisle, IL - C: 6-9, 240. Offers: SLU, Illinois, DePaul, Marquette, Xavier, Dayton, LaSalle, Boston College, Virginia, Iowa State, Georgia Tech, SIUC, SIUE, Loyola-Chicago, UIC, Oakland, Lehigh, Columbia, Eastern Michigan. Interest: Michigan, Notre Dame, Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern. Latest (5/21): Considered one of the best centers in the Midwest, O'Mara is in the belly of the Big Ten and has their attention. He was dominant in an AAU Tournament in April. Offers are starting to cascade in. Twitter: @S3AN_54

2014 Interest List:

Marcus Bartley: MacArthur, Decatur, IL - PG: 6-2, 175. Offers: Oklahoma State, SIUC, Bradley, Northwestern, Illinois State, Eastern Illinois, North Dakota State, South Dakota State, Tennessee-Martin, Southeastern Louisiana, William & Mary. Interest: SLU, Mizzou, Iowa, Georgetown, Harvard, Tennessee. Latest (5/21): Northwestern is recruiting him very hard. Oklahoma State is the biggest program to offer so far but he may be on the cusp of a few more. Twitter: @MB3_Dreamville

Josh Cunningham: Morgan Park, Chicago, IL - SF: 6-7, 195. Offers: Mizzou, Oklahoma, Iowa, DePaul, Nebraska, South Carolina, UMass, Bradley, Northern Illinois. Interest: SLU, Illinois, Michigan State, Minnesota, Illinois State, UIC. Latest (5/21): Cunningham opened some eyes at the recent Nike EYBL in Hampton, Virginia when he filled in for an injured 5-star player. He's said to be a gamer with explosive leaping ability and a nice 3-point stroke. Twitter: @JoshMCunningham

Austin Gillmann: Oakville, Oakville, MO - C: 6-11, 200. Offers: Illinois State. Interest: SLU, Wichita State, Bucknell, Lehigh, Elon. Latest (5/21): Gillmann has already visited SLU this spring (early May). He is a legitimate 6-11, but needs to add serious strength. He was a double-double machine his junior season at Oakville and has played well this spring in AAU ball. Twitter: @AUSTIN__g

Ikenna Okwarabizie: St. Louis Christian, St. Louis, MO - C: 6-10, 240. Offers: Southern Miss, SIUE. Interest: SLU, Marquette, Oklahoma, Tennessee, LSU, Auburn, Rice. Latest (5/21): Okwarabizie is just starting to emerge this spring and picked up his first offer from Southern Miss. More will be on the way.

Darreon Reddick: Belleville East, Belleville, IL - SG: 6-3, 200. Offers: DePaul, Valpo, Missouri State, Detroit, Toledo, Indiana State, IUPUI. Interest: SLU, Mizzou, Butler, Michigan, Xavier, Tennessee, Iowa, SIUC. Latest (5/21): Reddick visited Valpo with C.J. Rivers and both picked up offers. Twitter: @_14Reddick

C.J. Rivers: Cahokia, Cahokia, IL - PG: 6-2, 180. Offers: SIUC, SIUE, Miami-Ohio, Valpo, Toledo, Cornell, Brown, UIC, Wright State, Northern Kentucky. Interest: SLU, Illinois, Mizzou, Xavier, Tennessee, Drake. Latest (5/22): Rivers will visit Drake on June 12. Previous: Rivers visited Valpo with Reddick and both picked up offers. Rivers has visited SLU already. Twitter: @Cj_Rivers05

Are we interested in Robin Thompson from MICDS? He has offers from Missouri State, Northern Colorado, SIUE, Tennessee-Martin, and Iowa State(?). First team all-metro. Just wondering.

Edit: Listed at 6-6, 220 and still growing. Has size 17 feet. Very, very intriguing.

Are we interested in Robin Thompson from MICDS? He has offers from Missouri State, Northern Colorado, SIUE, Tennessee-Martin, and Iowa State(?). First team all-metro. Just wondering.

Edit: Listed at 6-6, 220 and still growing. Has size 17 feet. Very, very intriguing.

He would be the first person from MICDS to go to any of those schools. :lol:

He would be the first person from MICDS to go to any of those schools. :lol:

I expect offers from SMU, Miami (Oh.), Washington and Lee, and University of Virginia to start rolling in soon.