Alec Peters

Is this the guy that RM talked about living about 100 miles from StL in IL that he loved?

Very well could be. Peters has a lot of lower offers and hasn't really blown up yet. Butler and SLU are his best two offers from what I've seen.

New article about his recruitment. Sounds like a typical Majerus "big"

"Illinois Prep Bulls-eye

identified Peters as the best pure shooter among wing forwards in Illinois two months ago (

http://ilprepbullsey...ting_Wings.html

). While that definitely remains Peters' forte, he has also begun to diversify his game even more, especially on account of getting stronger. Thus, in addition to being a constant threat on the perimeter he is now able to power his way to the basket and has gotten even better on the glass."

http://ilprepbullsey...ers_Offers.html

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

http://chicagohoops....d=34:recruiting

Doesn't sound too interested in SLU. Whatever, the kid is worried about being recruited over. Probably not an ideal fit for Majerus.

I'd like to get him, but, a la Jenneke > Stokke, I'll take ADAM PETERSON over Alec Peters any day. Real love of the game, gym rat type. He loves Lewis Park (it's his favorite part) and he can spell his name so he should qualify with no issues. Look for a highlight reel soon. I don't know if we've offered, but if not, I'd like to see one before he grows up and the big guys get in on him. Also, Maji's gonna love that he loves playing defense, though it sounds like he tipped the ball into the wrong basket and doesn't even care. He just loves defense that much.

Wonder if this is the kid he mentioned in his interview. He said something like they were excited about him, but the bigs were starting to get in on him as well. One might have hoped after making the dance, RM's rep, and the Fetz we'd be landing some of these types. Guess it's just gonna take a little longer.

Update:

http://chicagohoops....d=34:recruiting

Doesn't sound too interested in SLU. Whatever, the kid is worried about being recruited over. Probably not an ideal fit for Majerus.

I can't believe the kid said that. Yeah, I don't want a kid who is worried about "being recruited over." Coaches should always be trying to recruit over their current players. That's how you get better. Playing time is not an entitlement. Good, confident players never worry about being "recruited over."

I can't believe the kid said that. Yeah, I don't want a kid who is worried about "being recruited over." Coaches should always be trying to recruit over their current players. That's how you get better. Playing time is not an entitlement. Good, confident players never worry about being "recruited over."

Being recruited over happens to the best of us. Heck, T Lisch recruited over Jimbo.

He should call Brad. He'll give him the same promise he gave Dustin McGuire. No we won't recruit over you, we'll just add a walkon or two.

Agreed a thousand times. If you aren't ready for that sort of constant competition, than you probably aren't ready for Majerus.

Furthermore, the kid doesn't sound too bright in how much weight he is putting into the whole major vs midmajor thing. I understand BC plays in a BCS conference, but you should only head there if you are looking forward to being bent over by Duke, UNC, Maryland, NC State, and a suddenly tough FSU program week after week, year after year. BC is a program on fire, that coach will be lucky to be there by the end of his career. (Qualifier: I grew up in Boston and once loved BC basketball, that school's athletic program is inept as they come.) Clearly the program with more upside is SLU.

Boy, do I remember how I was told I was totally wrong about him and he was going to be great.

hahah yeah, I got a FedEx box of crow sent to my door the other day. It was delicious. Thanks for keeping me honest on that one, Brian.

Not sure if this has been mentioned on the board yet, but saw that Majerus extended an offer to David Cohn last week. He is a 6'2" SG out of Elmhurst, IL and he would be for 2013. Some of his other offers have been from Colorado St., Drake and Valpo. Looks like we are the biggest program to offer him at this point.

Boy, do I remember how I was told I was totally wrong about him and he was going to be great.

He is a perfect example of a guy who should have gone to an MVC level school. He could have been a 3 year starter. Instead he was a limited role player who didn't have his scholarship renewed for a potential 5th year.

Unfortunately most kids go to their highest level offer.

He is a perfect example of a guy who should have gone to an MVC level school. He could have been a 3 year starter. Instead he was a limited role player who didn't have his scholarship renewed for a potential 5th year.

Unfortunately most kids go to their highest level offer.

It's tough for any Indiana boy to turn down an offer to play for IU. He's also had the opportunity to spend several years crushing high-quality poon and is probably guaranteed to have a nice job selling pharmaceuticals for Eli Lilly when he graduates.

It's tough for any Indiana boy to turn down an offer to play for IU. He's also had the opportunity to spend several years crushing high-quality poon and is probably guaranteed to have a nice job selling pharmaceuticals for Eli Lilly when he graduates.

I thought Roth was from IL.

I think that's a nod to Brad Stevens, although he matriculated at DePauw (Dan Quayle U).