A10 Schedule Pairings

So no Lousville game for us.

It was never clear to me that the Louisville game was actually part of the A-10/ACC challenge. It may actually be a part of whatever pre-season tourney we are playing in (it fits with the date of right after Thanksgiving). I obviously don't know the details but I still think we are playing Louisville.

It was never clear to me that the Louisville game was actually part of the A-10/ACC challenge. It may actually be a part of whatever pre-season tourney we are playing in (it fits with the date of right after Thanksgiving). I obviously don't know the details but I still think we are playing Louisville.

Louisville supposedly was going to have a non conference game schedule in Brooklyn this coming season. I guess that game could have been different from the A10/ACC stuff.

Check out @studurando's Tweet:

-two tweets from Stu on SLU today, a sign of the apocalypse?

-I am guessing GW and Rhodey will be predicted/expected/projected to be in the top of the league so we get one home and one road, is there a big difference in the other 6? is my guess correct?

Until the VCU situation stabilizes, I think the expected top three in the league are Rhode Island, George Washington and Dayton.

Personally, I think GeeDubya will miss Kethan Savage more than most expect. They would have started four seniors and Watanabe (likely) and that would have been good enough for a starting five. But without a second guard (I didn't see anything of note on last year's roster that could step in and play) and without a shooter to keep the defense honest, Larsen will be limited. Garino is a slasher but I wouldn't want to live or die on his jumper. Maybe Watanabe steps it up but still, Lonergan's bench is weak. He does get a transfer eligible this year -- I thought it was a big formerly with Wake Forest.

While Hurley's sideline antics are irritating, you cannot deny his resurrection of the Ram program. And while Dayton "only" loses one starter, it was their most key guy in Siebert. They had no bench last year so no player development will be forthcoming. The seven-footer McIvane will be eligible but his size alone does not mesh wioth their motion, unbselfish perimeter style. They will have growing pains.

And I overlooked Davidson, which you can't do considering they were regular season league champs last year.

Until the VCU situation stabilizes, I think the expected top three in the league are Rhode Island, George Washington and Dayton.

Personally, I think GeeDubya will miss Kethan Savage more than most expect. They would have started four seniors and Watanabe (likely) and that would have been good enough for a starting five. But without a second guard (I didn't see anything of note on last year's roster that could step in and play) and without a shooter to keep the defense honest, Larsen will be limited. Garino is a slasher but I wouldn't want to live or die on his jumper. Maybe Watanabe steps it up but still, Lonergan's bench is weak. He does get a transfer eligible this year -- I thought it was a big formerly with Wake Forest.

While Hurley's sideline antics are irritating, you cannot deny his resurrection of the Ram program. And while Dayton "only" loses one starter, it was their most key guy in Siebert. They had no bench last year so no player development will be forthcoming. The seven-footer McIvane will be eligible but his size alone does not mesh wioth their motion, unbselfish perimeter style. They will have growing pains.

And I overlooked Davidson, which you can't do considering they were regular season league champs last year.

Hard to identify a key guy for Dayton. The team D they played last year was reminiscent of our last few teams under Majerus. Sibert certainly was a good player and scorer but the core of that team is still intact with 3 key players (Pierre, Pollard, and Scoochie returning. More importantly for Dayton, Archie is on the bench and as long as he is there they will be at the top of the conference.

Do not disagree chillin --- however, the one tough thing to carry from year to year, team to team is team chemistry. I don't put a lot of stock in Pollard but he has surprised me especially after the dismissals last year. Unless someone comes in and really steps up, their starters are the same with only the second Davis kid checking in for Sibert. That leaves a bench of the former walk-on Wehrli, and the James Madison transfer Cooke with a whole bunch of prayers. Of course, they'll still likely be better than us.