OT: St. Louis professional sports discussion (2015)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People say it may have been some rogue employees pissed that Lunhow didn't take them Houston with him. Even if true, it looks terrible for the organization and I'm sure the majority of people won't buy that and will assume the Cardinals are throwing some people under the bus.

The Cardinals are going to get crucified in the court of public opinion regardless.

What a day for St Louis fans.

Can we somehow please pin this on the former bat boy Josh?

There is probably some low level guy being called into an office right now with an offer he can't refuse. Bus tossing is imminent. DeWitt and Mozeliak will be tossing bodies from the upper deck onto 40 all day long.

This will be an interesting test of Manfreds term early. People will be arrested on criminal charges, but will Manfred be more Adam Silver to Donald Sterling or more Goodell to Ray Rice part1 on this?

Lost draft picks, fines, losing prospects all has to be on the table.

According to Rob Neyer of Fox sports and the article he just posted with quick thoughts, he doesn't think they will be able to lose draft picks as they are part of CBA. Sounds like the Union has enough pull that it will be more along the lines of fines and suspensions of the front office.

According to Rob Neyer of Fox sports and the article he just posted with quick thoughts, he doesn't think they will be able to lose draft picks as they are part of CBA. Sounds like the Union has enough pull that it will be more along the lines of fines and suspensions of the front office.

The Astros can have Kozma as compensation.

This will be an interesting test of Manfreds term early. People will be arrested on criminal charges, but will Manfred be more Adam Silver to Donald Sterling or more Goodell to Ray Rice part1 on this?

Lost draft picks, fines, losing prospects all has to be on the table.

He should be more Roger Goodel to Robert Kraft. If this scandal is true, it is most comparable to the Spygate scandal involving the Patriots.

What a disgrace for the 40,000+ fans that pay hard earned money at every single game, and especially the players who are giving it their all this season. I am at a loss for words with this, but I hope those responsible are swiftly punished and the team can move on from this debacle.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...r&dlvrit=53285

Holy ****, you guys have to read this. What a load of horse shite. The best part is when he says members of the Dodgers staff tell him that their pitching reports are not kept digitally, and would be impossible to steal, but Bill apparently doesn't believe him :D

I guess the Cards hacked Kershaw the past two years. How does this clown even have "awards" in journalism, much less a job?

Holy ****, you guys have to read this. What a load of horse shite. The best part is when he says members of the Dodgers staff tell him that their pitching reports are not kept digitally, and would be impossible to steal, but Bill apparently doesn't believe him :D

I guess the Cards hacked Kershaw the past two years. How does this clown even have "awards" in journalism, much less a job?

I don't know what to think about the situation...especially being involved in data centers and power grid security. If the Chinese gov't can hack the personal information of all past and current US Federal Gov't employees, surely a black-hat under the employ of the Redbirds could maliciously decrypt sensitive information belonging to the Houston Astros Baseball Club. It doesn't take much, plus Luhnow left crumbs on the table.

Ehhh, Plaschke is a shock-jock for sure, but I enjoy this line:

Start with the fourth pitch to the third batter of their first game in the 2013 NLCS. Joe Kelly sent a fastball into Hanley Ramirez's side, fracturing one of his ribs and dramatically changing the series almost before it started.

Funny, now they are teammates.

The fact that the Dodgers don't keep those digitally leads one to believe this isn't a first time or isolated thing in baseball. Teams feel a need to protect this information.

I think this is just the first time the FBI got brought into it. Deadspin getting a file dump led MLB to believe this was done by someone not currently involved with a MLB team. That is why the FBI got brought in.

I don't know what to think about the situation...especially being involved in data centers and power grid security. If the Chinese gov't can hack the personal information of all past and current US Federal Gov't employees, surely a black-hat under the employ of the Redbirds could maliciously decrypt sensitive information belonging to the Houston Astros Baseball Club. It doesn't take much, plus Luhnow left crumbs on the table.

Ehhh, Plaschke is a shock-jock for sure, but I enjoy this line:

Funny, now they are teammates.

Luhnow didn't leave crumbs on the table. Someone used the master list of all passwords ever used by anyone which was stored inside the Cardinals server.. It wasn't a written down list left on a desk.

Luhnow didn't leave crumbs on the table. Someone use the master list of all passwords ever used by anyone which was stored inside the Cardinals server.. It wasn't a written down list left on a desk.

Respectfully disagree; he didn't change his passwords when he arrived in Houston to something different than the passwords he used with the Cardinals. I believe the word is naiive, and I'm sure he never thought in a million years that this would happen, but those are still crumbs.

Can someone link me the site to which was hacked in? Some people are treating this like hacking into your friend's facebook account with the password you saw him type in. This was much more sophisticated than people are treating it. It may end up being some dude who was just trying to cheat his way to looking like he has great scouting reports, but this isn't just some simple thing that some nobody could pull off.

Respectfully disagree; he didn't change his passwords when he arrived in Houston to something different than the passwords he used with the Cardinals. I believe the word is naiive, and I'm sure he never thought in a million years that this would happen, but those are still crumbs.

The NYT article doesn't say it was Luhnow's passwords. It could have been anyone that joined him from the Cardinals.

Can someone link me the site to which was hacked in? Some people are treating this like hacking into your friend's facebook account with the password you saw him type in. This was much more sophisticated than people are treating it. It may end up being some dude who was just trying to cheat his way to looking like he has great scouting reports, but this isn't just some simple thing that some nobody could pull off.

Exactly, you just can't google a link to gain access to the site.

I, also, don't think people understand they weren't working from some just random list of passwords someone left around. The were working from a list stored on a server that contains every password everyone used over a decade plus. It could be in the multiple hundreds per person depending on how often someone decides to change their password. It is not just a file that anyone in scouting/player development can access.

The fact that the Dodgers don't keep those digitally leads one to believe this isn't a first time or isolated thing in baseball. Teams feel a need to protect this information.

Dave Duncan's binders make so much more sense now. Actually, I believe MLB rules prohibit any technology in the dugout beyond the antiquated bullpen phone.

Apparently it was groundcontrol.astros.com, as visible on a screenshot. Seriously.

.@d_more55 We had a picture of landing page that ran with the 3/14 story. When zoomed in on, the URL, http://groundcontrol.astros.com , was visible.

The Astros computer system, dubbed Ground Control, was featured in the Houston Chronicle last year. Shortly after the article appeared, the Astros said people were trying to get into the database because they could see a URL in a photo that accompanied the article. However, the site and link were also available via Google.