2015 Schedule

slufan13

As buy games go, I like this series. If we're going to play that tier, it might as well be regional opponents. SIUE, UMKC, SEMO, et al make more sense than Savannah State, NC A&T, and the other horrible programs with no local connection whatsoever we've played in recent seasons. And I like that we go there, too.

SLU has the balls to do what BCS conference teams don't - play nearby lower-tier opponents at their place. We complain when BCS conference teams refuse to play at Chaifetz, so why complain about this?

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As buy games go, I like this series. If we're going to play that tier, it might as well be regional opponents. SIUE, UMKC, SEMO, et al make more sense than Savannah State, NC A&T, and the other horrible programs with no local connection whatsoever we've played in recent seasons. And I like that we go there, too.

SLU has the balls to do what BCS conference teams don't - play nearby lower-tier opponents at their place. We complain when BCS conference teams refuse to play at Chaifetz, so why complain about this?

Because a lot of people on this board want to think we're out of the "MM" label.

And this saves probably $50-100k by playing a H/H with a team that would normally be a buy game. I have 0 problem with this game. SLU should win everytime and it will fare a bit better than the typical buy game in the RPI.

They can use the savings to either buy a better game, invest in a charter, or other improvements for the program.

I like the fact that this series is continuing. Don't like the fact that I could see us losing this game.

Come on. Get serious! Your negativity towards Jim Crews is starting to affect your ability to make rational comments. Do you really see us losing this game???

Come on. Get serious! Your negativity towards Jim Crews is starting to affect your ability to make rational comments. Do you really see us losing this game???

Acoording to Sagarin, at the end of the season we would have been 4.5 point underdogs in a game played at SIUE. I didn't say we would lose the game. I said I could see us losing the game.

There is no delusion on my part. I am shocked people don't understand how awful we were this past season.

I like the fact that this series is continuing. Don't like the fact that I could see us losing this game.

If it makes you feel any better, I just took a look at their roster and it looks like 4 out of their 5 top scorers from last year appear to be gone. I'm sure they will be up for the game, but unless they have several good recruits waiting in the wings, they appear to be in a shambles.

Rumor has it that we could be adding KState home and home as well as UofL in the A10/ACC Challenge. We renewed WSU H/H as has been reported. Some other teams in the works too. Could a decent schedule this year.

-who does Weber think he is pulling out of the area to play for him?

Rumor has it that we could be adding KState home and home as well as UofL in the A10/ACC Challenge. We renewed WSU H/H as has been reported. Some other teams in the works too. Could a decent schedule this year.

KState is a dumpster fire right now. Good chance to get a W in that series. Louisville and Wichita will be bloodbaths unless the team shows very significant improvement.

KState is a dumpster fire right now. Good chance to get a W in that series. Louisville and Wichita will be bloodbaths unless the team shows very significant improvement.

Hopefully we can pack the house and give the Shockers a game at home.

Sorry, I forgot that dumping the best outside shooter on the team is immediately going to make us decent again. We might even win two road games without him!

Actually, for the season, Bartley shot at a slightly higher percentage than McBroom: .430 vs. .429. McBroom had more made three-point attempts over the season, though: He was 42 of 98 compared to Bartley's 37 of 86.

When A10 play started and Bartley's role increased as McBroom worked his way deeper into the doghouse, the numbers change dramatically:

Bartley: 32/69, .464

McBroom: 14/41, .341

So does that make either of them conclusively the "best outside shooter on the team"? Probably not. However, if I had to pick one to keep, I'd take the freshman who shot over 46% down the stretch and made almost two of them per game over the junior trending the opposite direction.

More importantly, the offense ran better with Bartley playing more. Things seemed to stall with McBroom in there. I don't think he's a bad player, I just think he was a bad fit here. He's an undersized shooting guard and we needed him to be a veteran point guard.

Sorry, I forgot that dumping the best outside shooter on the team is immediately going to make us decent again. We might even win two road games without him!

Adding a legitimate frontcourt player and physical/mental maturation of our freshmen is what should make us decent again. If Bishop can be more productive than McBroom during conference play, that's just gravy.