AAAARGHHH!!!!! Merchandising

Taj79

Rant of the day!

WTF is wrong with our school. I just got a new email, entitled, "Shop Our Best Selection of Cool Weather Gear!" Really? Ya think?

Everything is BORING!!!!!! Every time they put "SLU" on a t-shirt, I want to add a "T". Everything is perfectly centered and doubly BORING! The only innovation I see is the big Billiken Head wih the slogan "Good Luck Started Here." Not a single item that says "A10 Conference Champs" or something like that on it. And why would we have a shirt with ducks on it that says "Where Winners Migrate?" Where the duck is a bigger figure than the Billiken head?

We advertise and sell for the College World Series and for the A10 Conference. We offer four hats and of the four, if you throw out the College World Series and NCAA hat, we got two. And one is apparently used when hunting ducks because its camougflaged. Really? Didn't know that 50% of our school population was lining up with a camouflaged hat! I have five Billiken hats at home and none of them are from here. How can that be?

I don't get it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with most of your points Taj, but you are wrong on the A-10 championship shirt.

I'm not sure why, but there is an "Official Billiken Team Store" and a "SLU Chaifetz Arena Shop" link on SLUBillikens.com that each have unique items.

There is an A-10 championship T-shirt in the SLU Chaifetz Arena Shop:

https://www.nmnathletics.com/sellnew/ViewItem.dbml?_IN_STORE_=YES&DB_OEM_ID=27200&ITMID=384503&ITMCATID=59711

There used to be another one in the "Official Billiken Team Store" (which I bought), but it appears as though it is no longer available.

When I was at the campus store in 2010 I saw some stuffed Billiken dolls. I asked where the traditional Billiken statues were like the one in front of the arena. No such thing, I was told. I couldn't believe it. I'm still upset that my plaster of paris bookends from SLUH I bought there my freshman year in 1956 went missing after I left home. I would love to have them today along with all the Topps baseball cards I had back then.

PS (OT) I met Stan Musial's daughter at a party out here. She lives right down the road. I can't wait to get back together with her and talk more about growing up in that house.

When you see lame merchandise you have to ask yourself, who is approving such lame designs? Usually lame designs are approved by someone who is afraid to upset some superior, or to create controversy. These "scaredy" functionaries do their function by filling the shelves with boring stuff. The shelves are filled, no one is upset about the designs, no one complains that they are too avant garde...

When you see lame merchandise you have to ask yourself, who is approving such lame designs? Usually lame designs are approved by someone who is afraid to upset some superior, or to create controversy. These "scaredy" functionaries do their function by filling the shelves with boring stuff. The shelves are filled, no one is upset about the designs, no one complains that they are too avant garde...

Two words, BABY BLUES.............

All it takes is one blue hair with big check-book........

@RUBillsFan -- thanks for the t-shirt link. Anger subsided (momentarily).

Why the fuok are there two sites like this? In RU's first link above, you get "The Official Online Store of Saint Louis University Athletics." This must be the better one to use because it says "A Portion of the Proceeds Benefit Saint Louis University Ahtletics." But this is the one I ranted about to begin with. Okay, a few nice kiddie things but what is it with the green crap????? "Billiken princess" ain't bad either.

But the second one, "The Official Website of Saint Louis University Athletics" seems marginally better. But if green weren't enough, they throw in pink now too! Why are there two?

At least the first one came off slubillikens.com. But the second one has things I might actually want to buy. Jeez .................

Rant of the day!

WTF is wrong with our school. I just got a new email, entitled, "Shop Our Best Selection of Cool Weather Gear!" Really? Ya think?

Everything is BORING!!!!!! Every time they put "SLU" on a t-shirt, I want to add a "T". Everything is perfectly centered and doubly BORING! The only innovation I see is the big Billiken Head wih the slogan "Good Luck Started Here." Not a single item that says "A10 Conference Champs" or something like that on it. And why would we have a shirt with ducks on it that says "Where Winners Migrate?" Where the duck is a bigger figure than the Billiken head?

We advertise and sell for the College World Series and for the A10 Conference. We offer four hats and of the four, if you throw out the College World Series and NCAA hat, we got two. And one is apparently used when hunting ducks because its camougflaged. Really? Didn't know that 50% of our school population was lining up with a camouflaged hat! I have five Billiken hats at home and none of them are from here. How can that be?

I don't get it.

I've been bitching about this since the fall of 2001. Where's the Nike merchandise? Why can't joe schmoe Billiken fan wear the same Nike products as the basketball team? I don't want Russell Athletic or Champion gear. Under Armor sucks a fat cock. Mostly liberal SLU students have cried about all this "fair trade" and "living wage" and "anti-sweat shop" bull**** for years now. That's why you don't see all the Nike gear. ###### that ######. And whatever "Nike" products you do see are bootlegged.

I've been bitching about this since the fall of 2001. Where's the Nike merchandise? Why can't joe schmoe Billiken fan wear the same Nike products as the basketball team? I don't want Russell Athletic or Champion gear. Under Armor sucks a fat cock. Mostly liberal SLU students have cried about all this "fair trade" and "living wage" and "anti-sweat shop" bull**** for years now. That's why you don't see all the Nike gear. ###### that ######. And whatever "Nike" products you do see are bootlegged.

I own two SLU Nike items that I've purchased within the last year from slubillikens.com.

I think they sew the swoosh on. I'm talking about the authentic gear the team wears. Warm-ups, t-shirts, etc.

I own these shorts and they rule.

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:197112/sku:1522017/nike-college-authentic-basketball-short-mens/saint-louis-billikens/multi/&SID=7726&inceptor=1&cm_mmc=SEM-_-PLA-_-Google-_-1522017

I do, too. Christmas gift from the in-laws. They're nice replica shorts, as authentic as big-time programs get. Very, very long, but I guess that's how they're cut these days.

I do, too. Christmas gift from the in-laws. They're nice replica shorts, as authentic as big-time programs get. Very, very long, but I guess that's how they're cut these days.

Yeah, they are really long, that's for sure. I just wear them lounging around so doesn't bother me.

When I was at the campus store in 2010 I saw some stuffed Billiken dolls. I asked where the traditional Billiken statues were like the one in front of the arena. No such thing, I was told. I couldn't believe it. I'm still upset that my plaster of paris bookends from SLUH I bought there my freshman year in 1956 went missing after I left home. I would love to have them today along with all the Topps baseball cards I had back then.PS (OT) I met Stan Musial's daughter at a party out here. She lives right down the road. I can't wait to get back together with her and talk more about growing up in that house.

I read his biography recently, Bob. Great read, especially for a devout worshipper of Teddy Ballgame. I knew Stan the Man was good, but he was better than I thought. Also, lots of insights into his family life. All around good guy, humble, modest, religious, etc.

I have game worn authentic jerseys from last year. Sewn on swoosh, parts of the jersey have the mesh holes, sewn on 'coach' patch, screen printed A-10 logo on the back, sewn on NCAA patch. Lets just say they dont sell those anywhere...

6a0e.jpg

You're suspect! Yeah, you! I don't know what your reputation is in this town, but after the you tried to pull today you can bet I'll be looking into you. Now the business we have, heretofore, you can speak with my aforementioned attorney. Good day, gentlemen; and until that day comes, keep your ear to the grindstone.

You're suspect! Yeah, you! I don't know what your reputation is in this town, but after the [stuff] you tried to pull today you can bet I'll be looking into you. Now the business we have, heretofore, you can speak with my aforementioned attorney. Good day, gentlemen; and until that day comes, keep your ear to the grindstone.

Good Will Hunting

(Haven't seen it.)