Thanks

I do appreciate the kind words from Brian, Ace, Torch, and Skip and enjoyed our past discussions. Steve apparently closed the other thread, and he can go ahead and close this one after I post it if he wants. I do believe there is some value for Steve to learn about posters who come and go and why.

Anyway, if there is any value, and i already saw at least one incorrect assumption from Tarheelbilliken..I stopped posting for a variety of reasons, none of which has anything to do with the success of the team.

1) Personal reasons, increased time taking care of elderly and disabled relatives among other things.

2) The board had changed, as some former posters had moved on and newer posters came on board. It wasn't as enjoyable for me. I'm all for having fun as long as the main focus remains SLU sports discussion. I just didn't want to take the time to sift through some of the stuff of the board to get into discussions that held more interest for me.

I posted often in the offseason as well as discussions involved practice, recruiting, coaching, etc...as opposed to say an in game thread where there were many people who could and did post in those. We obviously had many good discussions in the old soccer threads because many people in them wanted to see SLU successful, enjoyed the strategy components to the sport, while having fun too. It wasn't stand up comedy hour, and as long as you saw the game your thoughts were equally respected regardless of background. Small size helps sometimes.

I may have enjoyed pms with some people more than the board itself.

As for Tarheels comment in the locked thread, SLU's success has been very enjoyable for me. I'd rather sit back and quietly enjoy the success. The league, the coach, the facilities, many things worked out. Good for SLU.

As for reading the board, I have gone many, many months without reading the board, maybe longer, and other times a few to several weeks. So no, I don't read the board regularly. But I have checked once in a while.

I do think it is great when a random poster in a random city goes to see a SLU team play, or a recruit, opposing team, or potential target play when possible. I really enjoy that. If you saw the game or practice or recruit etc...your input was valued equally as anybody else.

I don't know who still posts and who doesn't but I was always appreciate of the old regulars from my time, as well as some very kind pms from people like Schasz, Bay Area Billiken, Skip, SLUBALLS and others. Very kind and appreciated.

I would have slipped this quietly into the other thread but it was locked before I could get the chance.

Courtside, hope you drop in from time to time. Frankly, a lot of the names mentioned and the re-emergence of a troll in that other thread serve as a reminder that this board has never been better. It's the offseason, we only have one schollie to give for next year, so not a lot of bball stuff to talk about at the moment.