Stamos/Open Gyms

Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but why exactly is John Stamos a Billiken fan? Does he have connections to slu or something?

my understanding was that stamos was in town several years ago for a fundraiser or something and ended up having nothing better to do than sit courtside at a game with a well-to-do alumni. i believe it was during the lisch years, so KL probably just went off towards the end and he was hooked. definitely a good name to have associated with the program. everybody wants stamos.

I learned a little more about some of the frosh. MY has clearly impressed early. He was measured at 6'6 1/2" and 240 lbs and he has not previously been on a weight training plan so he should get stronger. Clearly, the hope is that he can quickly replace DE but those are big shoes to fill. Jolly is better than expected with the potential to develop into a bigger and stronger Conklin but those are big shoes to fill as well. The two young point guards are thin but good players and Bartley has excellent passing skills and court vision. Roby is tough and solid and we can expect him to improve quickly and get minutes this year. No word yet on Gillmann.

no typo--why do you want it to be a typo?

For beginner's everything I've seen said coming out of hs he was 190. I don't want that to be a typo but that would be pretty insane if as an incoming freshmen hes already at 6'6 240, and without much fat to cut. Thats 5 more pounds than grandy.

For beginner's everything I've seen said coming out of hs he was 190. I don't want that to be a typo but that would be pretty insane if as an incoming freshmen hes already at 6'6 240, and without much fat to cut. Thats 5 more pounds than grandy.

This is accurate and he has a low % of body fat--and he will work hard with our strength coach to get even stronger just like DE, except he is bigger and stronger than DE was as a frosh.

Verbal commits had him at 220 coming out of high school

my understanding was that stamos was in town several years ago for a fundraiser or something and ended up having nothing better to do than sit courtside at a game with a well-to-do alumni. i believe it was during the lisch years, so KL probably just went off towards the end and he was hooked. definitely a good name to have associated with the program. everybody wants stamos.

I though his uncle owned the Majestic and he would come in to visit him. The uncle had season tix and Stamos became a fan attending games with his uncle.

Your leg is being pulled. Stamos is an old joke based on someone editing his wikipedia page......

Such a cynic. You probably didn't believe we ever had a chance at getting RickMa either.

BTW Stamos was in Montana two weeks ago. Weren't we looking at some under-the-radar PF out of Butte Memorial?