14/15 schedule

Scoop

It's going to be 19 home games this year.

http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27200&ATCLID=209600513

"The 2014-15 schedule, which will be released in the coming weeks, features 19 home contests. The Billikens’ A-10 home and away matchups were announced earlier this year. SLU will host four A-10 squads that reached the NCAA Tournament last season – Dayton, UMass, Saint Joseph’s and VCU."

Good call. I guess there is a chance they start a new home & home at home this year, but that seems unlikely. I would guess as long as we are in the A10 w the 18 game schedule we'll see a similar format as this year that you outlined. The key will be to get decent buys and make sure the non-buys aren't against crappy teams. We need SIU to step it up.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

VCU announced their non con schedule today.

Tennessee in Annapolis

TOLEDO

MARYLAND EASTERN SHORE

Villanova in Brooklyn

Oregon/Michigan in Brooklyn

@Old Dominion

@Illinois St

VIRGINIA

NORTHERN IOWA

BELMONT

@Cincinnati

ETSU

CLEVELAND ST

VCU announced their non con schedule today.

Tennessee in Annapolis

TOLEDO

MARYLAND EASTERN SHORE

Villanova in Brooklyn

Oregon/Michigan in Brooklyn

@Old Dominion

@Illinois St

VIRGINIA

NORTHERN IOWA

BELMONT

@Cincinnati

ETSU

CLEVELAND ST

That's the kind of schedule I'd like. 5 Power 5 opponents, one historical rival in ODU and 2 MVC teams.

That's the kind of schedule I'd like. 5 Power 5 opponents, one historical rival in ODU and 2 MVC teams.

Still with all their big name cachet they can't get a BCS team to play them at home, besides the obligated in state rival.

... the obligated in state rival... Wonder what Virginia has to gain by playing VCU?? :rolleyes:

Virginia is not obligated by law to play other in state teams but they have in the recent past played ODU, GMU, and VCU. Shake Smart called out the other scools in the media a couple years ago, saying the best teams in Virginia played in the CAA. Suddenly he had games against Va tech and Virginia.

Virginia is not obligated by law to play other in state teams but they have in the recent past played ODU, GMU, and VCU. Shake Smart called out the other scools in the media a couple years ago, saying the best teams in Virginia played in the CAA. Suddenly he had games against Va tech and Virginia.

Do you think shame would work on spumac? Probably not........

Any word on our home opener? I'm guessing it will be Sat Nov 8th since there is a comedy show the night before. Seems like its always a team from the OVC in recent years. Give us the schedule already!