Bigger d bag than Darren Rovell?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rovell makes a living by screwing up stories and acting like a pompous prick...if you ever saw the 30 for 30 "Broke", there are about 985 things he says in there that weren't even true.

He shouldn't have said that about Jett in a public forum...uncalled for and what exactly does that add to his "Sports Business Reporter" angle or credentials?

JMM, I am thoroughly enjoying that Twitter feed.

Rovell replied to one of our tweets, "Rule of journalism is to assume nothing." Not sure how he would know that, since he majored in theater, not journalism. Richard Deitsch from SI, with whom Rovell has had a running Twitter battle, favorited the tweet - I'm assuming he did so to mock Rovell, so that's awesome.

I seriously hate this guy.

I hate to say this but Rovell is not alone in doing things like this. All of these bottom dwellers have a set audience in mind and they cater to their tastes and desires. What they provide to this audience is neither information nor entertainment.

I hate to say this but Rovell is not alone in doing things like this. All of these bottom dwellers have a set audience in mind and they cater to their tastes and desires. What they provide to this audience is neither information nor entertainment.

Yep, he does it all for the attention. He doesn't care that most everyone hates him, he only cares about garnering more publicity. That only makes me dislike him even more...

I just don't understand...With Kentucky, Kansas, Memphis and 100 other institutions that academically spoon feed their athletes in this Tournament, why single out Jordair Jett at SLU? Completely arbitrary and insulting, especially considering our academic pedigree...I hope people hammered that ######

Bc jordair jett is fouking cooler than anyone who ever went to those schools.

-our ADept seems to have had bad info out there, this guy tweets it, we try to correct, shouldn't at least part of the question be why did we have bad info out there that had to be corrected?

Agreed, but if a nationally recognizable "reporter" is going to bust on a college kid, I think he damn well better confirm what he believes to be true with a 3 min phone call to the source of info.

I just don't understand...With Kentucky, Kansas, Memphis and 100 other institutions that academically spoon feed their athletes in this Tournament, why single out Jordair Jett at SLU? Completely arbitrary and insulting, especially considering our academic pedigree...I hope people hammered that ######

We are easy fodder. We don't have the high end athletic department or large fan following that a Kansas & Kentucky has, so he gets away it. You did this Kentucky or KU player he have 1/2 million return tweets and ESPN would have made him apologize. The other issue is, our Athletic Dept should have kept the website up to date. Hope they learn from this.

Remember that it took the athletic dept. several months to tell our PA announcer that Jake was not "majoring in MBA."

And for all of you who kept saying that we were nitpicking when we'd cite the AD for not managing gamedays well, not getting information out, not requiring that the PA announcer be professional or understand basketball, I now respond that Jordair Jett's major is undecided.

• 3 weeks later...

Remember that it took the athletic dept. several months to tell our PA announcer that Jake was not "majoring in MBA."

And for all of you who kept saying that we were nitpicking when we'd cite the AD for not managing gamedays well, not getting information out, not requiring that the PA announcer be professional or understand basketball, I now respond that Jordair Jett's major is undecided.

+1

• 2 weeks later...

I think it is funny he got suspended for actually tweeting something funny. His usual attempts at humor are pathetic.

I love this Rovell Reply:

"The real tragedy in the Rovell Twitter suspension is that somebody made a Wendy's groomsman's cake that nobody will get to see now."

In other news, Moytoy and I are meeting Rovell in Salinas soon.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

If he is joking about Jett's name plus an uncorrected error in his SLU record reports, he is putting Jett down for his own internal reasons. This is plainly a pile of garbage, what could Jett have possibly done to get this slap on the face coming out of nowhere?